Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And after this?

Blog Entries

Default Re: And after this?

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdude View Post
    Only three years are left before the 150th anniversary of the American Civil War is over. I'd like to see that in Total War by 2015.
    Yup. I want to remind people on one of the first real Multiplayer games ever, Gettysburg. That was played from many "STW-Oldtimer".
    I personal see this happen someday, its more or less a hybrid of Napoleon TW.

To get some ideas of developing involved here. Tons of time and money of gamedevelopment today is spent on historians and research.
    If you go for something like Rome, you have to research the uniform, names, maps, army and so on…
    The big advance of going for RomeII is simple and obvious, that research is already done, you have just to adjust a little bit and i bet, that they didnt
    brought all ideas they had in Rome1. So now, they have just adjust a bit and save a lot of money and time.

I doubt that the current game concept can be successful for many more years. At some point a game concept is very good. Id say that about S2, that game is not perfect,
    but in many aspects pretty good. At some point people start to ask, why they should pay again and again for the same thing.

This kind of topic raises ever year at least once. With Warhammer CA finally took over a very old idea of going for a "phantasy TW".
    To get some of the old ideas in here.

What about a "Future TW", a WW1 or WW2 TW?

There is a lot left, with the problem of the general idea of this game. I can say, that I saw enough of TW. Its always the same, there is almost never something new.
    Its not challenging and since we got online gaming, the KI doesnt matter anymore. I played S2 and after 2 months it was boring like hell and I dont even start with all the bugs...

Personally I'd like to see a WW1 with a lot of tech and research. Start the game around 1880's-1890's with Wilhelm II's come to power. Armies of that time wouldnt have things like tanks or fighters/bombers. Machine guns and other techs could be basic, and in that time there is a lot of what ifs. Can the Germans keep the Russians on their side? Can you bring back the glory of the Ottomans?

Let the game last till 1920s or so. I think the gameplay, tactics, and other changes would be a nice mix for total war. Most of them your units never really change. In empire and rome, you still use the same type of units, but they get better. With a WW1 game, you would start with riflemen, cavalry, and direct fire artillery and end the game with machineguns, armored cars, indirect artillery, tanks, and airpower.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Looks like we find out tomorrow.

Member thankful for this post:

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Looks like we find out tomorrow.

I sincerly hope that its the total warhammer. Fingers crossed.

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

As it turns out it is Total War Arena. Its seems that it will be an online meeting ground for multiplayer fans. Good for you guys i hope that it will be good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123