Thread: Strange Disappearance

Default Strange Disappearance

I just resumed my KH campaign (1.2) and for some odd reason I can no longer recruit merc generals from my type IV settlements. I tried reloading my save a few times and even applied the "Missing General Recruitment" fix for 1.2 (for nomadic factions I believe), but had no luck. Year is ~232. Has anyone else experienced this and resolved it? I haven't played in a few months so I may be missing something obvious, but if I recall correctly when I hit the 'recruitment' tab/button on a type IV settlement the merc general unit is usually sitting right there along with all the other available units. Is this not correct?

I've searched the forums for answers, but found nothing. Any help would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Strange Disappearance

Did you activate the script? you have to activate it every-time you load the game, and you need to quit to main menu to load a game from a different faction; or else the script destroys the Government type buildings when you end turn.

Post a screenshot and upload a save file or noone can help you.

Oh btw, you're posting in the wrong sub-forum. the right one is https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?127-EB-Bug-Reports-and-Technical-Help

Default Re: Strange Disappearance

Yeah, I wasn't certain where to post this because (I forgot to mention) I'm running Alex-EB, which I understand isn't officially supported by the team. I wasn't sure if I could get help there so I just took a shot here in case someone has run into this before. I wont re-post this so as not to clutter up the forum with double threads, but if a mod would be so kind as to move it to the appropriate section I would appreciate it.

Incidentally I always activate the script, and I did quit to main when I tried to reload the campaign, even though all my saves are currently for a single faction. As a test I just captured a settlement I was assaulting (Arse) by auto-resolving and I established a quick type IV there with 'process_cq' in the console, and the option to recruit an allied general is still missing. When I had to set the game aside 2 months ago everything was working normally. I'd happily post a screen, but I'm not sure what I should take a screenshot of (the fact that the unit is missing?). Of course I'll also up my save to anyone running Alex-EB that's interested in helping me out.

Losing this unit would be devastating to my expansionist agenda!