Thread: "Not Available In Your Region"

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Default "Not Available In Your Region"

Could anybody explain the reasoning behind such restriction ?

I mean how come some intellectual property is allowed to be distributed free off/on charge worldwide whereas some others are not ?

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both developed and released through same corporations however while the former is available to me, the latter is out of bounds. Is copyrighting that weird ?

Default Re: "Not Available In Your Region"

Sometimes games are just not released in various countries.
    For instance I remember that Fallout 3 wasn't released in India because of the two headed mutant cow, which was called Brahmin.

I don't know what's up with Arkham City not being available but I'm guessing it might be some similar silly little thing.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

I got Dead Island Game of the Year Edition for review purposes, but when I tried to install it, same thing happened: "Not Available in Your Region".

I think I'll just give it away these days, got to make some sort of the prize draw...

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

If only I knew that, Voigtkampf-sama. I'd happily trade it for Batman Arkham City.

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

Got Batman Arkham City, no time to play it, just tested it for half an hour. Only games I would like to try out but couldn't get them from the distributors are Diablo 3 and Sins of Solar Empire Rebellion. Which is probably a good thing, I got an issue with Blizz titles and addiction. And I may follow the Legend of Pegasus tips and forget my sins, and be a legend!

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

If you guys are really having a lot of issues with it, you can always use TOR, The Onion Router. As long as you are using it to play a singleplayer game I think you'll be fine.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine View Post
    Could anybody explain the reasoning behind such restriction ?

I mean how come some intellectual property is allowed to be distributed free off/on charge worldwide whereas some others are not ?

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both developed and released through same corporations however while the former is available to me, the latter is out of bounds. Is copyrighting that weird ?
    Same here. Glad Skyrim doesn't have that though! I got it while Steam was having it's sale, 50% off!