Thread: Some Brief Questions (From a Noob)

Default Some Brief Questions (From a Noob)

Firstly do I have to actively do anything to activate a reform once I get one of the "The Passage of Time" messages?

Secondly can someone elucidate on the benefits of the various government types? I have installed several but all I have noticed is that the IIIs and IVs just allow me to build fewer buildings.

I may add more as I think on it.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Some Brief Questions (From a Noob)

Firstly it depends most reforms are are activated in a different way then the passage of time the roman reforms you must rebuild you barracks.

Secondly the number 1 and 2 allow you to build your factional units and build more buildings. The level 3 and 4 allow you to play more regional units but less buildings. for any further questions read this. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...barorum-FAQ-10
    Is eating a taco.

Will the "Camillian Military Era" building thing change as soon as this happens, or do I have to destroy the barracks first?

The switch from Camilian to Polybian era does not require destroying your barracks, just upgrading them, sometimes. It´s the "Marian Reforms" when you need to raise down your old barracks and build new ones ( a script will keep damaging the Polybian barracks every turn, btw. ). The "March of Time" reforms, if you want to call them so, do not actually affect Roman faction, but do change some bodyguard types for factions like Pontos, Baktria etc. And it occures simply through upgrading an Italic settlement to a huge city ( Capua, Arretium, Ariminium, or Arpi ).
    Edit: Oh, and MoT also enables the "Greek Reformes", when Macs get their Phalangitai Reforms, inabling them to train well armoured and tough line troops, available everywhere they got Type 1or 2 gouvernment buildings, and KH should become their own factional Phalangitai too.

When playing Romans, you´d need all those lvl 1 and 2 government types to be able to build your factional barracks later, when "Marian Reforms" have occured. And, as you already noticed, they allow you to build more advanced structures in those settlement, due to the higher speading of Romand culture, so to say.
    Building Type 4 you actually establish a client kiindgom, and do benefit from the largest variety of local troops, along with experience bonus given to them through that building ( +1 ). It all depends whether you are trying to play more "historically", roleplaying your faction/family members, or simply using the best suited gouvernment type, saving time to advance faster, for example, or all together.
    Last edited by vollorix; 07-24-2012 at 14:44.
    - 10 mov. points :P

Oh, okay. That clarifies it. I thought the one I got meant I had entered the Polybian reforms, but it only reformed some other factions. That would make sense as, on further investigation I have not fulfilled the requirements for the Polybian reforms yet.

Thanks for the help.

Double post, I know, but I just wanted to tell you that the Polybian Reforms just triggered and I am currently upgrading my MICs to take advantage of them.