Thread: Edit campaign map in EB 1.2

Default Edit campaign map in EB 1.2

Hi all, been away for so long my user name was purged.

New computer so new install of EB, been playing non stop for a month.

I wanted to make a few small changes on the campaign map. I edited the regions and ground textures in the EB\Data\World folder, with GIMP.

Removed the regions_safe tga to a backup folder, deleted the map.rwm file; world and the MP and SP back-ups also the other data\map folder.

No save games, start the game, get the missing file warning for the -bu locations, start a new campaign, my changes are not there; exit the game and in the root folder is a corrected_regions.tga, this is the same as the original regions.tga.

I tried for 8 hours to get EB to accecpt the 5 pixel changes I made. no matter what I do the corrected_regions re-appears and overrides my tga.

How do I get my map to work in 1.2 ( I made similar changes in 1.1 and the took as I remember ).

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

Default Re: Edit campaign map in EB 1.2

Where exactly did you delete the maprwm file? There are often two places where it is saved. One directl in the game folder, the other unter AppData. Details depend on your System, though.

This is rather a general advice. I cannot promise finding the other map.rwm file will help, as I have no idea about modding this aspects of the game.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

Default Re: Edit campaign map in EB 1.2

Thanks Kival, but no; there is no entry in any of the users\app_data folders.

I did a clean rome 1.5 install, and EB is the only mod in that copy. I can force the game to create a new map, I can not stop the corrected_regions.tga from installing itself and overriding my tga.

I've spent 3 days uninstalling, reg checking and reinstalling with and without the trivial script. EB won't allow for the naval improvements I want to make.

SPQR will, so while I'll keep EB because it is very good, I'll see what I can do with SPQR or the Naval Mod for RTR.

Also yesterday I installed my Medieval/Kingdoms game, and there are some mods there I can use as a starting point.

Cool Re: Edit campaign map in EB 1.2

I have mostly succeded in making the changes I desired.

Most sincere thanks to Uranos for all the help.