Thread: New Britannia Game

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default New Britannia Game

Welcome orgahs to the latest hotseat for Kingdoms: Britannia, patch 1.5.

This hotseat shall be played by up to five players, controlling the following factions.

1. England - Ignoramus
    2. Ireland -
    3. Scotland -
    4. Wales -
    5. Norway -

These factions will be split into the following, locked, alliances.

England and Norway. aka, Red Team

Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. aka, Teal Team

The game master is Nightbringer.

The following rules shall be used.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Players shall post a link to the save game in the main game thread and also mention (by using the @Nightbringer command) the next player in line to alert them that it is their turn. The save game file should follow the naming convention hgamename-turn number-faction (eg. CrusadeGame-1-Antioch)

- Players have 48 hours to play each turn, with extensions granted at request. The GM will skip a players' turn if the deadline is missed with no communication and a sub allied to the player cannot be found.

- All battles between human-controlled factions must be auto-resolved.

- Only one assassination or sabotage attempt may be made per turn, and it must be the first action on that turn.

- No spies may be used to open the gates of settlements or forts.

- Siege equipment may only be used to open gates as follows: Ballista can open nothing, Catapults can open wooden walls, Trebuchets can open stone walls.

- No crusades or jihads can be called or joined by a human player.

- No destroying buildings for cash under any circumstances.

- No fighting losing defensive battles on purpose in a besieged city, just to deny the invader the sacking option.

- If an army is beaten in battle by a faction that is after them in the turn order that army may not move on the following turn.

- An army which is beaten in battle may not be attacked on the following turn (because it is immobilized either by the game mechanic or by the rule above) by any faction unless it has retreated to a fort or settlement.

- No exploits, including (but not limited to): no merchant forts, no surround-and-destroy, no tribute deals that deliberately put you into debt greater than 10k, no deliberate diplomatic exchange of territories just to get a free garrison, no tribute deals with or monetary gifts to the Pope, no attacking ships in ports.

Any questions about the rules should be brought to the game master’s attention before taking action, and the game master will immediately make a public announcement to clarify the rules question. Players are encouraged to remember that this is a game, and to act accordingly.

Role play, diplomacy, and story writing are encouraged, but not required. Players should remember that in context (IC) deals are not enforced by the rules (eg., backstabbing is fine, although you may find it more difficult to make future alliances).

If a player is suspected of cheating, whether intentionally or not, this should be brought up to the game master, in private, only, not posted in the game thread. The game master shall investigate and resolve the matter as fairly as possible.
    If any player has a problem with the conduct of another player in the game, this too should be brought up privately to the game master who will attempt to resolve the dispute as fairly as possible.

If anyone has questions about the rules, or wishes to suggest modifications, please do so now. Please feel free to make faction selections now, as well as game name suggestions.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 08-15-2012 at 21:07.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Default Re: New Britannia Game

so this auto then. aw that aint for me really. the auto system is just too broken. unless it was reloadable its just too random pure chance
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

Strategist and Storyteller Senior Member Myth's Avatar

Is this to be a team battle? Anyway, Wales for me.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Whoops, forgot that, editing first post now.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Ahhh, you just pipped me Myth! In that case, I shall take England, and take my revenge.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Strategist and Storyteller Senior Member Myth's Avatar

Bring it on Ingoramus!

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus View Post
    Ahhh, you just pipped me Myth! In that case, I shall take England, and take my revenge.
    Take England - yes, for sure.
    Have your revenge? That remains to be seen.
    Last edited by Myth; 08-15-2012 at 13:15.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!