Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Willenloss and his splendid invention, or... [Concluded]

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Default Re: Doctor Willenloss and his splendid invention, or... [IN PLAY]

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    A townie's only duty is to die for the greater good. Do you understand? Townies die - they do not surrender.

I am buying us time. What I am doing gives the possibility of revitalization.

Bear with me and you will see that Pizza may indeed only become a tertiary target tonight. As for yourself -

ARE YOU MY SON, CHAOTIX?

ANSWER ME.

With every prevarication, the scum grow more assured. They scheme, Chaotix. Do you scheme, Chaotix?
    Not your son, Monty.

John Blake, one of your assistants.

I'd like to note that in addition to being right about there being too many lurkers for a mass reveal, this sort of thing that has happened to me happens to pro-town almost as often as it does to mafia. That is why scum do it anyway, because it's a last-ditch attempt and sometimes it works.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Blog Entries

Ok, to start with, my first post since day 1 started:

Quote Originally Posted by Brickfaced View Post
    Ok, so basically, outside of thread communication is disallowed and everyone has a role of some sort...

...I'm thinking mass claiming townie network.
    Of course, It may just be that I like my wine symmetrical to my outward facing torso, but still.

Listen up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post

List of characters:
    doctor Arthur Willenloss, inventor
    professor Felix Willess, his son
    Jane, Mary, Fred, Igor & Mike, doctor's assistants
    John Blake, Martha Burghes, Michael Connely, Adele Delacruse, William Lane, Ann Pferd, Adam Steiner, Eva Znanetzky, other Munisch' inhabitants
    (some characters may be deleted, as needed)

List of living players
    1. Edse
    2. Montmorency
    3. Arjos
    4. BSmith
    5. Chaotix
    6. Brickfaced
    7. Ishmael
    9. DaveShack
    11. Askthepizzaguy
    12. Diana Abnoba
    14. Robbiecon
    15. Ironside

Dead players
    Xenoneb, Martha Burghes. Policewoman. Allegiance: town
    Nightbringer, Ann Pferd
    NinjaCow, William Lane
    First off, the 3 deaths are all from munisch's ordinary inhabitants and not from the assistants that we know of, baring in mind everyone has a role of some sort, we might not have lost specifically great roles, since the vast majority of us strike me as having pro-town powers.

If it is relevant, I can also pledge that I received a PM in regards to 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    My other top suspects are DaveShack and Brickfaced. DaveShack for voting for me and then disappearing and Brickfaced because of the murder choices.
    Is that all you have to say on the matter? Feel free to elaborate. You've got my attention now.

@ ATPG, Chaotix

I don't believe either of you are being particularly helpful to town by producing barrages of squabbling posts. I don't mind reading them, but I can bet that some will begrudge it and perhaps miss the occasional post that is productive in the process. I do feel that whilst Chaotix was damned from the initial point he hesitated, he does come off more scummy as a result, but it would be far to predictable and probably errant for me to vote for either of you off hand.

I am under the belief that claiming is pro town in this situation because typically, only mafia would claim last minute to save their skin for one more round.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Abnoba View Post
    But for Monty I will claim here (I know he is what he claims to be). I am one of your sons Monty.
    The character list surely suggests he has only 1 son, why the plural? And your role doesn't strike me as being particularly powerful compared to those who have perished, since you are the doctor's son. In fact, it would be great irony if the Doctor's son was a communist. You also seem to be buddying with Monty far too much for my liking, dedicating two of your decisions to him.

Quote Originally Posted by robbiecon View Post
    I am one of the Doctor's assistants, I am an armor.

I read through the entire Chaotix-ATPG conversation. I don't think it was simply smoke and mirror distraction by mafia team mates. I am going to trust ATPG though, because he claimed, and because I know as well as anyone that mafia do love to hold out on claiming. So I will Vote: Chaotix.
    What is your name, what do you mean by armor? Jumping on the Choatix wagon seems unwise, not that I resent the idea of lynching him, but that we should have a few candidates in the running to encourage application of pressure. If he is town the mafia don't even have to defend themselves since they aren't under any scrutiny whatsoever.

And finally, in this gargantuan post. My role.

I'm Jane, Doctor's assistant. I can role block once in the game under a certain condition. Only certain mafia player(s) are able to kill me but for my own safety, it is important I don't reveal the prerequisites.

That's all folks.

...oh and I'll vote later, I want to gauge the posts that proceed after mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    Someone else was on the hunt during the same night. Eva Znanetzky was peeking into windows of John Blake's house, when someone grabbed her from behind and started strangling her. When she passed out, the perpetrator undressed her, almost completely. When he tried to remove Eva's underwear, she regained consciousness. 'Why? You are so handsome, if you asked me, I would be yours without all...' at this moment, his knife silenced her forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Not your son, Monty.

John Blake, one of your assistants.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    If I were still alive, I would without a doubt be voting for Chaotix.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Correction, I am not an assistant.

At least not a sciencey lab-coat and beaker assistant.

But I do work in the lab.

Anyway, I agree with Brickfaced that I have vastly messed up this round. I have been making a List of Things Chaotix Could Have Done to Survive this Round.

It goes something like this, in order of effectiveness:

1. Keep my mouth shut
    2. Reveal as soon as Monty posts
    9001. Try to debate ATPG

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    Unfortunate, but it wasn't me. This is simply you-getting-killed-while-trying-to-investigate-me.

Probably by a serial killer, because that guy does not sound typically communist.

Actually you being an investigator is making me suspicious of what Diana has claimed. Two role investigators in one game?

There is another clue in the write-up, but I am afraid I can't say much more because I am dead.
    2B1ASK1

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    9001. Try to debate ATPG
    If you'd like to see even greater butt-whoopin', Chapter III has begun. Link in signature as always.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

BSmith, you can hint at it. Just, stick around for a couple of hours and I'll find a semantic loophole for you.

Chaotix, we see that edse was also doing some spying when he died. I was absent from the house when he was killed by an obvious Commie. Bsmith was doing something similar (if scum, checking for recruitability?), and when he died your location was not given. That's interesting.

That's two scanners, and I'd bet there are more. Jarema loves scanner-variety. Anyway, Diana claimed that she started off knowing my identity. I wouldn't be surprised if she happens to be hiding a trick up her sleeve.

Yes, you are indeed claiming to be one of the Munisch townfolk.

Robbiecon, what is an armor? I can't find documentation on any such role.

Quote Originally Posted by Brickfaced
    The character list surely suggests he has only 1 son, why the plural?
    Igor is my son. Years ago, Adolf messed him up, and they haven't spoken since. It is certainly possible that one of my sons is out for something as a personal goal. It is even possible that one of them is an SK or communist.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Munisch's inhabitants were discussing fiercely. Well, at least some of them. In the heat of discussion they didnt notice that doctor Willenloss vanished somewhere.

Tally:
    Chaotix: ATPG, Diana Abnoba, Robbiecon
    ATPG: Chaotix

Willenloss shaved slowly, his face half-lit by dimmed light. He could feel that something had gone wrong again. At this rate, the machine would fall into Communist hands. Perhaps it should be destroyed - pounding. Willenloss only felt the sound of running footfalls unified with the other senses now. His breathing drew shallow, and he lowered the straight razor - his beautiful American grandfather's - to let it hang limply somewhere before his clavicle. The sunlight took his white-smeared face in full. He was calm when the assistant called from the other side of the door. The machine could not be destroyed. Not after so much labor.

"Doctor, Eva and Michael have been - "

"I know. I always feared that the townsfolk chiefly would feel the first wave of Fifth Columnist violence. Now we must surely be next."
    "Rouse the others. Prepare the Machine."

It was noon when the Doctor assembled the ten little Indians in a clearing near his lab.

"Thus far it has been a catastrophe for us. 5 dead, no end in sight, and now news that there may well be three killers among us? It was my oversight, not to contact the authorities, you know. I was terribly afraid that the state would appropriate my machine. I know Einstein has been writing much of time travel in the journals lately."

Igor wheeled a tarpaulin-covered cart into the clearing. The canvas material shivered along the edge of something metallic in the cool autumn wind.

"The phone lines are now cut, however, and there's no time and no one to spare for a contact mission. I'm afraid we're all stuck here, and the forces of tyranny may soon overtake us. I cannot allow this machine to fall into Communist hands. I will work against such an outcome unto death.

For this reason", Willenloss suddenly yelled at the top of his lungs, spreading his arms wide, "I am going all-in - as shall you all. This is the hour, fellows! Here, we shall tell every single thing. Let there be no secrets between us. This is the Red Confession!"

The gathered individuals gawped in shock. Several, including the Reds, shuffled uneasily their feet. The Professor slowly lowered his arms and began to glare. Adele Delacruse, his lover, leaped forward and began to babble something.

"Beat it, ladyface," he snapped stomping over to the cart and throwing off the covering, revealing a gleaming contraption of manifold variegated knobs and levers. "Behold! the true power of this fully operational Time Machine!"

"Don't do it, sweetheart!" wailed Delacruse. "You're tearing us apart!"

The Professor paid no heed, instead working various parts with Igor's help before leaping into the hollow belly of the machine and bellowing, "ACES HIGH!"

It seems that whole world exploded. Every particle and every wave turned upward and inside. Melodies of colours and touches of smells flow through the warped space. After years, or maybe seconds, everything became peaceful again.
    "We made it" shouted doctor Willenloss. "And the final proof is presence of William Lane, Michael Connely, and Eva Znanetzky among us!". Silence followed his words, as everyone was shocked beyond understanding.

Day 2 begins! (once more)
    Time to midday:

Time to end of day 2:

List of living players
    1. Edse, Michael Connely
    2. Montmorency
    3. Arjos
    4. BSmith, Eva Znanetzky
    5. Chaotix
    6. Brickfaced
    7. Ishmael
    8. NinjaCow, William Lane
    9. DaveShack
    11. Askthepizzaguy
    12. Diana Abnoba
    14. Robbiecon
    15. Ironside

Dead players
    Xenoneb, Martha Burghes. Policewoman. Allegiance: town
    Nightbringer, Ann Pferd. Role-scanner. Allegiance: town
    Last edited by Jarema; 09-07-2012 at 14:35.

BSmith - Edse - Ninjacow - report!

Edse is the one guaranteed to be town by his death at the hands of the Communists, I believe.
    Vitiate Man.

Semantic loophole my butt.

Anyway, John Blake is a handsome fellow, who went somewhere tonight.

I am a peeping-tom of sorts. I can see things about them, or people who visit them.
    2B1ASK1

Oh, and vote: Chaotix.
    2B1ASK1

Chaotix went somewhere, eh?

Are you a tracker, then? Or a watcher as well?

Chaotix went somewhere the night you tracked/watched him, and you were killed.

Chaotix, what are you? We can take this slow, if you like: there are 48 hours left again.
    Vitiate Man.

I love you!

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

One more thing:

Some abilities can be used limited number of times. If someone used such ability during day 2 and/or night 2, this is 'rewinded'. In other words, this use doesn't count toward total number of uses allowed

Holy crap. That's a powerful ability. I didn't expect you could do it during the daytime.

This changes a lot and we now have enough people alive.

Also, I am coming under fire for more than just ATPG's reasoning, so I am gonna clear the air there. I don't mind being out-debated by him too much, but I'm not gonna let BSmith misconstrue his own results into my lynch.

As John Blake, I am Doctor Willenloss' bodyguard. This gives me the ability to protect people. I would say 'doctor' but that would be needlessly confusing. There are also some circumstances where my protection might not work. I do not know these circumstances.

Since I am a bodyguard, it probably stands to reason I would have some sort of chiseled, attractive features that would make BSmith drool. On N1 (which has not been rewinded and is now last night if I am correct) I protected Askthepizzaguy. Tonight, I would have protected Brickfaced if we had not gone back in time. Neither of them were/would have been attacked (I am notified of that as well in my results).

This is mostly why I was/am suspicious of ATPG, because multiple protecting roles would create a broken town. There was also the fact that there were definitely inconsistencies in his attack on me and it all amounted to a gut feeling that screamed at me "ATPG is mafia". Now I have slept on it, and I'm not so sure anymore, it may just be usual stubborn ATPG. However, I don't trust him to protect the doctor (I had planned to do it myself before we rewinded time, and I plan to do it tonight provided I survive), and the only player I get a larger scum feeling from at the moment is possibly Diana Abnoba.

Keep in mind the doctor's sons and love interest are perfect roles for a communist betrayer. I would wager if there are two communists then one is a generic townsperson and the second has a personal relationship to the doctor.

There is also definitely some kind of serial killer, because BSmith's rewinded killing doesn't correspond with a communist mentality. Furthermore, he is narrowed down to Handsome and Male. Thus I am in this group, apparently. I don't know how I can convince you I'm innocent besides the role reveal. Igor, with a name like that is probably the doctor's illegitimate, hunchback son so there is no way he is the killer. Beyond that we need to find the other handsome males.

Which makes BSmith an obvious target of the SK, since he is apparently a good judge of mens' attractiveness. I also wager we have a male 'peeping tom' as well, but until we get a profile on another killer, not as useful. In order to find the serial killer, I may have to compromise and protect BSmith tonight, and trust ATPG to not betray the doctor with his poisoned lipstick or something.

If you let me live today, I'll do that. If Monty dies you will know to go after ATPG then, since I won't be responsible for keeping him safe. And let's be honest, I am a dead man walking anyway. If I can help BSmith get one more investigation before the serial killer gets him again, I'll do it.

I'm a watcher. unvote
    2B1ASK1

I'm sorry Vote: Chaotix but I just can't trust you. You've been screaming scum for ages now. If you thought that it would be overpowered that there were more than one protection roles, why didn't you speak up earlier? This seems like a despereate attempt to save your scummy arse. But it ain't gonna work. Not on my watch.

Anyway, I'll stick with my previous roleclaim. I'm a roleblocker. If there's a role that needs blocking, just tell me and it will be done.

I am forever at your service,

William Lane
    But there ARE smilies on this forum! They are just well hidden. Hence the couch.
    I like Mafia! Play it at CFC! (and TWC)
    Why don't you have a bunch of quotes by famous and not-so-famous people?
    "There is no need to link Socialism to Evil, I live in Europe and have Free Speech." - strijder20 (lolwut?)
    "This thread is a either testament to the mods not giving a crap about us or their ability to be amused by our antics." - DoubleA (On this thread)

Sorry for my semi-inactivity for a while there. To keep it succinct, I am Adam Steiner, the FBI agent (read: role-scanner). I seem to recall that Nightbringer had a rather similar role, which lends some credence to the notion that both Chaotix and ATPG are doctor-type roles (although it still does seem a bit OP. *shrugs*)

I'm not entirely sold on the Chaotix lynch, especially now that he's claimed, so I'll vote vote: Daveshack to see if somebody else wants to join the mass-reveal party.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Well I'm Fred and I can provide protection, so someone is lying.
    Since BSmith saw him and the doctor seems to trust Pizza, I'll vote: Chaotix.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCow64 View Post
    I'm sorry Vote: Chaotix but I just can't trust you. You've been screaming scum for ages now. If you thought that it would be overpowered that there were more than one protection roles, why didn't you speak up earlier? This seems like a despereate attempt to save your scummy arse. But it ain't gonna work. Not on my watch.

Anyway, I'll stick with my previous roleclaim. I'm a roleblocker. If there's a role that needs blocking, just tell me and it will be done.

I am forever at your service,

William Lane
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    Well I'm Fred and I can provide protection, so someone is lying.
    Since BSmith saw him and the doctor seems to trust Pizza, I'll vote: Chaotix.
    Check this out. With Brickfaced and Diana's claims, combined with Nightbringer's dead role description:

2 Protectors (Arjos, Chaotix)
    2 Roleblockers (Brickfaced, NinjaCow)
    2 Watchers (Nightbringer, BSmith)
    2 Role Scanners (Ishmael, Diana)

Xenoneb - Policewoman, no idea what she does
    Askthepizzaguy - Dr. Willenloss' lover - some sort of protection
    Montmorency - Dr. Willenloss - Time Machine controller

Things are starting to look a lot more symmetrical now. I would have voted Arjos for trying to counterclaim me, but especially with 2 claimed roleblockers it is looking plausible, especially if there are "circumstances in which it might not work".

I am assuming all of you have that in your role PMs as well. Please confirm that to be true.

What we are dealing with here is limited-strength abilities, and our strengths and weaknesses complement each other.

BTW that is 11 of out 15 roles claimed, or 9 out of 13 living roles. Looks like the mass-claim might work after all.

EDIT: Missed Ishmael.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 09-07-2012 at 00:21.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Uhm... Yes, I have that phrase too...

Unvote; didn't notice the symmetry with all those posts (I had to read a lot and fast lol) and it does make a lot of sense...
    We need more claims!

Also, DaveShack has something to do with "silencing roles", or at least he knows it is possible. Fishy, but nothing to go on.

edse, Ironside, and robbiecon have not showed up yet.

Keep in mind, one of these is Igor. Igor is not the serial killer (no way he is attractive if the professor named him that), but I find it highly likely that he wants to kill Prof. Willess (Diana) or vice-versa as part of a win condition.

This is mostly why I was/am suspicious of ATPG, because multiple protecting roles would create a broken town.
    One thing regarding Arjos-Chaotix-Pizza: Pizza claimed one-use, and under specific circumstances. Could you please tell-all, Pizza?

Chaotix, can you please get all the specific claims together, as well as names or genders where given? That would be illuminating.

Edse is guaranteed innocent, having been killed by Commies. Do you dispute it? He's apparently some kind of investigator, like Bsmith, going by the writeup.

Robbiecon claimed Assistant (vague) and Armor (???). Keep an eye on him.

Igor is my son, but Felix deformed him. He might want Felix dead, I dunno. Again, that this foreknowledge (NOT a scan, from what I gathered) is Diana's only trick - and she hasn't even given her name - I find difficult to believe. I would like to see Diana investigated.

Guys, we have time. let's flesh out your role claims, some of you, and for now put the pressure on Ironside.

Vote: Ironside
    Last edited by Montmorency; 09-07-2012 at 01:03.
    Vitiate Man.

Unvote; Vote: Ironside

Okay, regarding my sons: Adolf = Felix and Immanuel = Igor. Why did Adolf change his name, WW2?
    Vitiate Man.

Wait. Diana is Igor or Willess? Which one?

Also, been putting together a list since before you said so... time to crack this game.

Be back in a little while, dinner. Then I'll post findings.

I'm Willess, my sons (in their current forms) are Igor & Felix.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I'm Willess, my sons (in their current forms) are Igor & Felix.
    You are Willenloss, not Willess.

I have no idea why your son would have a different name than you, but you are Arthur Willenloss and your son is Felix Willess, according to OP. Immanuel/Igor does not have a last name or has not decided to share it.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 09-07-2012 at 01:21. Reason: Adolf to Immanuel

Alright, lot's of name changes to go around.

Your new sig does you no favors.
    Vitiate Man.

Ok. Here we go. Red means dead. I have made a couple of assumptions regarding attractiveness, but left most blank.

Note also that Nightbringer has been corrected from Watcher to Role Scanner.

Montmorency – Dr. Willenloss – Time Machine - ??? Male
    Diana Abnoba – Prof. Willess or Igor? – ??? - ??? Male
    Ishmael – Adam Steiner – Role Scanner - ??? Male
    Nightbringer – Ann Pferd – Role Scanner – Unattractive Female
    Askthepizzaguy – Adele Delacruse – Protector ??? - Attractive Female
    Chaotix – John Blake – Protector – Attractive Male
    Arjos – Fred – Protector - ??? Male
    BSmith – Eva Znanetsky – Watcher - ??? Female
    edse - Michael Connely - Watcher - ??? Male
    NinjaCow64 – William Lane – Roleblocker - ??? Male
    Brickfaced - Jane - Roleblocker - ??? Female
    DaveShack - ??? – Role Silencer ??? - ???
    robbiecon - ??? - Armor ??? - ???
    Ironside - ??? - ??? - ???
    Xenoneb – Martha Burghes – Policewoman - ??? Female

Remaining Roles:

Mike
    Mary
    Igor

Lady Killer is Attractive Male
    Communist A is ??? Male
    Communist B, assuming there is one, is unknown

I am pretty sure that our serial killer is only out for the ladies. I could be wrong of course, but the fact that he has only killed women and looked like he was about to sexually assault Eva Znanetsky leads me to that conclusion.

EDIT: There is actually one female among the unknown players. Going to correct that.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 09-07-2012 at 01:31.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast