Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The House of Origin [Concluded]

Default Re: The House of Origin [IN PLAY]

Not to me! I'm dead thanks to those cleared innocents, or at least part some of them
    returning to the shadows.....

Manifest Destiny Member Buddhafish's Avatar

Sorry about the inactivity. Just got my large started over at CFC.

I don't know what it is, but Vote: Monty seems a good vote for today.

I too am looking for a partner. Jarema, how bout it? Partner: Jarema
    America

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    How about my opinions on who very likely isn't scum, at this very moment, ranging from cleared by writeups to recent reveals:

Lazy Crow
    Autolycus
    GH
    Visorslash
    Ishmael
    Montmorency
    ATPG

Does this help?
    Who got cleared by what write-up?
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Alright, I'll line it up again:

Ishmael and I were in the writeups for the Tincow (viggers) and Makrell (protectors) attacks. Pizza was on the latter, for that matter. This is all in the writeups, you may check for yourself. These three are the only ones cleared without a doubt.

Auto and Crow revealed Crow to be a town power role. It's a very easy thing to test out.

Visorslash, by dint of a slip he made, strikes me as town, and is very cooperative.

GH generally has a townie aura and his private reveal only augments it.

Ok?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Monty gets a good deal of blame for getting that Pro-town vig group wiped out, but that was nothing compared to LazyCrow and Autolycus getting TinCow lynched.

TinCow was clearly innocent but they didn't even try and help save him...even killing me for revealing my night action and trying to help him.

Are you guys sure they are REALLY town? They picked the perfect time to reveal when town only has one shot left.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Andres invited me to be his partner on the 21st, even though he was supposedly inactive elsewhere.

I have the PM and the exact time code. I can even post its contents if you like.

I am not saying he's scum. I'm saying my definition of inactive doesn't include PM activity.

I think he's not scum. But I am also correcting the record: He wasn't inactive, by my definition.

I have no leads on scum and I'm perfectly happy to be the alternate lynch. It might free me from other responsibilities I am clearly unequipped to manage.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 10-22-2012 at 23:21.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    Monty gets a good deal of blame for getting that Pro-town vig group wiped out, but that was nothing compared to LazyCrow and Autolycus getting TinCow lynched.

TinCow was clearly innocent but they didn't even try and help save him...even killing me for revealing my night action and trying to help him.

Are you guys sure they are REALLY town? They picked the perfect time to reveal when town only has one shot left.
    Meh. I thought TinCow was town and revealed to him. I didn't have any evidence he was town and plenty of people have been gunning after him since day one which was why I thought he'd make a good protectee. Sorry we made a bad choice hitting you last night. It was your vote for edse and edse's vote for you that was the only lead.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMcCrow View Post
    It was your vote for edse and edse's vote for you that was the only lead.
    THAT WAS IT????!!!.....Monty's theory was more scum hunting worthy and edse didn't even explain his vote, I did.

If you and Auto really are town, we deserve to lose with such stellar scum-hunting skills....good call on TinCow just horrible follow-up for everything after.

Did I miss the memo.

Was Tincow scum, and if so, how was it known?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    Also we need to know who protected tincow, or how he survived, he could be mafia godfather or SK or doctor or something other powerrole, as he was clearly attacked by four people, which would mean it should be 100% kill if i understood the rules correctly.
    This was the post that got it all started.

Sad because both Auto and LazyCrow didn't come forward with TinCow's innocence, with that protect they did.

Edit: Or they were spooked and thought they would be lynched if they did.
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 10-23-2012 at 01:22.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

20-ish minutes, y'all.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Partner: Captain Blackadder
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Blog Entries

Fin.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Well, it is done then. As all townies go to check their inboxes, I ask that they forgive some of my less towardly displays.

Good luck.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

It seemed my followers were developing rifts faster than we could close them up. When we started up again, another fight broke out, this time between a zealous Montmorency and the elder diplomat, Andres. It seemed to be a debate over the value of caution versus aggressiveness. Judging by the final record showed to me by the scribe as we finished up, aggression was what won out, as Andres was led to me on his knees. The graying man glared insolently at me as I accepted my sword.

"Why, in my day, we didn't let these sorts of things happen! Your great, great, great, granddaddy would have just imprisoned his entire retinue and replaced the lot of them! Why, I should know! I was imprisoned in an icy fortress, which I was forced to walk to while carrying my chains! And I was given nothing more than a piece of leather to chew on for food! Why-" I had to stop him! I swung my blade with strength I didn't know I had and lopped his head off in a clean strike. Phew. That was too close. Oh... oh dear. Maybe not. It seemed I was too late. It seemed that Xenoneb and Jolt had both suffered a catastrophic case of death from Andres' ramblings, laying silently upon the ground, blood pouring from their eyes and ears.

"Er..." I started, pointedly ignoring the other two bodies. "Excellent work, my loyal retinue! Now, let us discover ourselves an exit! I am sure we are close! Yes, quite close indeed!"

Andres 4 (Monty, Ishmael, Visorslash, Jarema)
    Montmorency 3 (Andres, Autolycus, Buddhafish)
    ATPG 1 (GH
    Double A 1 (Lazy McCrow)
    Lazy McCrow1 (Captain Blackadder
    Ishmael 1 (Choxorn)

Xenoneb and Jolt suffered Wrath of Khaan.

Visorslash partner Choxorn
    Choxorn partner Visorslash

Pizza partner Andres
    Andres partner Pizza

Captain Blackadder partner GH
    GH partner Captain Blackadder

Buddhafish partner Jarema

Visorslash and Choxorn are now partners.
    Captain Blackadder and GeneralHankerchief are now partners.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 4.

You have 24 hours.

Alive:

Askthepizzaguy
    Autolycus
    Buddhafish
    Captain Blackadder
    Choxorn
    Double A
    GeneralHankerchief
    Ishmael
    Jarema
    Lazy McCrow
    Montmorency
    Visorslash

Lynched:

NinjaCow (D1)
    God Emperor (D2)
    TinCow (D3)
    Andres (D4)

Killed:

Atheotes (N1)
    JoanK (N1)
    Arjos (N2)
    Bsmith (N2)
    Ironside (N2)
    Zack (N2)
    Chaotix (N3)
    Edse (N3)
    Makrell (N3)
    Riedquat (N3)
    White Eyes (N3)

Attacked:

Ishmael (N1)
    Tincow (N2)

Wrath of Khaan:

Kagemusha (D3)
    Xenoneb (D4)
    Jolt (D4)

So, now what do I do?

Shall I resume thumb-twiddling?

Anyone have any use for an unpartnered person.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

I hope my partnership with Buddha is valid, I had no time to confirm it

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    It seemed that Xenoneb and Jolt had both suffered a catastrophic case of death from Andres' ramblings, laying silently upon the ground, blood pouring from their eyes and ears.
    I do not ramble

I describe the glorious past in a most eloquent and passionate way, taking my audience on a magnificent journey to days gone by
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Blog Entries

Writeups in progress.

Blog Entries

I rummaged through my belongings once more after the group adjourned. Finally. Such long meetings, so boring. They just did the same thing over and over again, cowering in fear as they picked out the one they feared most of all. I can cure this! Such joy they were missing out on! I threw my bear pelt over my shoulders, reveling for a moment in the embrace. I took off at a spring, in glee at the feeling of absolute freedom.

End it.

I reeled, pulling up to a stop. What? Who?

End it now.

I looked around, spinning on the spot. There was nobody here! But voices, still they came!

It is hopeless. End it now.

The voices, they echoed like a chorus, smooth, but deep. Suddenly, I could feel it again. The despair… the knowledge of the unmovable object of destiny sitting obstinately in my path, blocking my way. I could never budge it. I slowly sat down, putting my head into my knees.

End it. Embrace oblivion.

I could hear a buzzing again. Oh no… the bees. Again? They were back to torment me again? Stop it… stop it…

You can stop it.

Wait. No. Suddenly, it was as though a fog lifted. The pit in my stomach vanished as the swarm descended upon me. I had defeated this! I did not fear! There was nothing to fear, not death, not bees, not bears!

NO! END IT!

I grinned maniacally. No. No, I would not end it. There was no fear. There was no pain. Others had to be shown the path. As though sensing my renewed confidence, the swarm dispersed. I took off at a sprint. I do not know what foul force wished me despair, but I was a triumphant prophet! I would never be brought down! I wheeled around a corner, still reveling in my liberation. I saw Ishmael coming down to me at a slow pace. His eyes went wide, in apparent shock at my appearance. I sprinted to him, and before he could respond, I smashed his jaw with my fist. My momentum carried me past, forcing me to wheel around, spinning on a heel. Ishmael seemed to shake off his shock, and withdrew a sword to me and readied a combat stance. Haha! A good man! He raised his sword high and rushed to me. I had done my job! To overcome a sight as fearsome as myself, surely he deserved to live for now and spread the word! Cackling at the top of my lungs, I took off down the hallway, knowing he would never catch me.

Such a grand temple. That the large fountain at the center of this magnificent structure still ran with water was surely some kind of miracle of the gods. I was resting for a moment, sitting on the edge, contemplating how such a feat was achieved. I was running my fingers through the pool of water. Suddenly, the water’s texture changed. It became thicker. Then, a dark crimson began to seep from below, overtaking the clear blue. The water… was becoming blood. I recoiled in shock. What devilry was this? The fountain suddenly erupted with pressure it hadn’t had, showering blood across me. I staggered and slipped, falling down on the slick floor. I gazed up in alarm when a loud splash came from the fountain, and two demonic figures erupted from the pool. Razor, pointed teeth grinned at me from under twisted, dark red faces. I screamed as I scrambled away in a mess from the two, who cackled madly as they stepped out from the pool. I ran to the nearest exit. I stopped, slipping and falling again as two more monsters turned the corner to stare me down, bestial creatures with bright shining, golden eyes and long, pointed claws.

They chuckled as well when I scrambled upright again, trying to reach the next exit. I reached the doorway, only to be flattened as three more of the devils stood in the hallway that turned out from the door. They gazed down at me with those unnatural eyes, grinning widely, readying enormous curved blades in their hands. I tried to scramble backwards, but felt my shoulders bump into something. I looked up and felt blood droplets falling onto my face as the demons from the fountain cackled down at me. The seven swayed their hips and began to sing a jaunty, haunting tune.

“Tick tock, tick tock, Buddhafish,” the demons sang. “Don’t look at us with so much shock, for now the time’s run out on your clock. Would you like the sword, or perhaps the hemlock?”

“I… I…” I was paralyzed. What had we awoken here?

“You came here seeking treasure, seeking god. You came here seeking divinity, and for that we probably should applaud. But here’s the trick, our real treat. You’ve been undone by your own conceit. Here’s the real truth of our beauty- you wanted god, here’s your deity! So don’t be so anxious, just embrace the madness!”

Still paralyzed, I couldn’t even close my eyes as the demons raised their weapons high. Finally, mercifully, the world went dark.

Time was short. The hour of destiny was at hand. I could see from Heshin’s face that he could feel it as well as we traversed the labyrinth. We were currently in the first thing I’d seen yet resembling a residential district. The walls of marble had been carved out into rectangular structures, with vacant rectangles indicating that no actual permanent doors. I was positive that he had come this way… but if the houses had passageways going further in, we would only end up in a deeper maze than we already were in. I sighed. Perhaps we were on the wrong track… Maybe it was the left. Wait! I saw a flash of movement from one of the doorways. Yes!
    “There!” I whispered, pointing out our target. Heshin nodded.

“I saw it as well. Dive in?” He asked.

“Follow my lead,” I took off at a pace, withdrawing my sword. I put my back up to the wall, just outside the doorway. I could hear shuffling inside. I gave Heshin a look to indicate I was going in. I turned on a heel sword at attention, ready to charge. Only to be halted…
    By sheer surprise. Captain Blackadder was inside, with a large color palette. The far wall was no longer pristine white, but a menagerie of colors, most prominently red. He looked back at us in surprise of his own.

“Oh. Hello.” He gestured to the incomplete mural. “Do you like it?” He asked. I kept my blade at the ready. This was… not right. I would ordinarily hesitate to strike down an artist, but there was something unsettling about this whole scenario. The secrecy, the bright colors. No, I had a mission. Destiny, it was still at hand. I ignored his query.

“Captain Blackadder, for the crime of treason, I sentence you to death.” I said calmly. “Now be still, and accept divine justice.” I raised my sword high and moved forward on a left-leaning arc, while Heshin moved opposite me, to prevent an escape. Captain Blackadder, in either shock or submission, did not move from the spot, and I readied a clean cut through his neck.

Most excellent! Clearly we had made great progress! Even though I had not yet discovered a path leading out of the labyrinth, I returned to find most of my retinue intact. Two were missing, but that was a marked improvement. And I had begun doubting my divine powers... What silliness. Still, it seemed we were not yet rid of the assassins, if two more people were missing. Perhaps there were but one or two more still lurking in the shadows? Either way, I offered my most official salutations to my retinue before handing things off to the scribe to record once more.

IT IS NOW Day 5.

You have 25 hours.

Feedback will be out asap.

Alive:

Askthepizzaguy
    Autolycus
    Choxorn
    Double A
    GeneralHankerchief
    Ishmael
    Jarema
    Lazy McCrow
    Montmorency
    Visorslash

Lynched:

NinjaCow (D1)
    God Emperor (D2)
    TinCow (D3)
    Andres (D4)

Killed:

Atheotes (N1)
    JoanK (N1)
    Arjos (N2)
    Bsmith (N2)
    Ironside (N2)
    Zack (N2)
    Chaotix (N3)
    Edse (N3)
    Makrell (N3)
    Riedquat (N3)
    White Eyes (N3)
    Buddhafish (N4)
    Captain Blackadder (N4)

Attacked:

Ishmael (N1)
    Tincow (N2)
    Ishmael (N4)

Wrath of Khaan:

Kagemusha (D3)
    Xenoneb (D4)
    Jolt (D4)
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 10-24-2012 at 05:27.

Buddhafish was indeed scum. We can see that he attacked Ishmael. I think it likely that he was the one who killed Makrell on N3.

There must be more, however. They played along with the vig. We do know, however, that auto and Crow killed CB.

The killers missing would be:

1. Chaotix' killer on N3.
    2. My attacker on N3.
    3. Edse's killer on N3.
    4. Riedquat's killer on N3.

Assuming Andres and CB were baddies, we should have two of these to deal with.

Jarema is an interesting case. He knew nothing of the group vig. If he were scum, he would have had no reason not to kill. On the other hand, if I was correct and the Mafia were working with the 3rd parties, then he would have heard of it. I say to leave him be for now. He can be put to work tonight. Tonight, we should only have protection groups operating - no more vigs unless in extraordinary circumstances.

As for whom to lynch, well, that Ishmael was attacked is further evidence in his favor.

One more note: only 7 showed up at the vig. GH, do you have any feedback on that impairment?

I suppose the only real candidates for today are Double A and Choxorn. The rest have shown themselves to be valuable, and Jarema needs to have a chance to prove himself.
    Vitiate Man.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Inconclusive. I was there but my presence didn't make or break the attempt.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

Vote: Choxorn

Going to bed now, will look into things more in the morning. But I have a really bad feeling about this.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

vote: Choxorn. I really have no idea what is happening in this game. When it comes to games without reveal at death, I am like a child in a mist. I hoped I will overcome this by working closely with my partner, but it seems I am doomed to be alone.
    If someone has use for a lone townie, I can help

Ah.

In case people are wondering, I was apparently the absentee in the 8 person party boat.

AGAIN.

It's all part of my brilliant mafia strategy of announcing that I'm just not going to ever really participate in your little groups, and then laugh about it.

You wish you had a plan as brilliant as this.

Now let me vote: GH again for no reason.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Buddhafish was indeed scum. We can see that he attacked Ishmael. I think it likely that he was the one who killed Makrell on N3.

There must be more, however. They played along with the vig. We do know, however, that auto and Crow killed CB.

The killers missing would be:

1. Chaotix' killer on N3.
    2. My attacker on N3.
    3. Edse's killer on N3.
    4. Riedquat's killer on N3.

Assuming Andres and CB were baddies, we should have two of these to deal with.

Jarema is an interesting case. He knew nothing of the group vig. If he were scum, he would have had no reason not to kill. On the other hand, if I was correct and the Mafia were working with the 3rd parties, then he would have heard of it. I say to leave him be for now. He can be put to work tonight. Tonight, we should only have protection groups operating - no more vigs unless in extraordinary circumstances.

As for whom to lynch, well, that Ishmael was attacked is further evidence in his favor.

One more note: only 7 showed up at the vig. GH, do you have any feedback on that impairment?

I suppose the only real candidates for today are Double A and Choxorn. The rest have shown themselves to be valuable, and Jarema needs to have a chance to prove himself.
    7 screaming demons with claws and teeth? Doing a vig kill? Are you mental? Explain the description in the write-up plz Monty

EDIT: scratch that - sheesh I feel like Don Quixote
    Last edited by LazyMcCrow; 10-24-2012 at 09:53.

I need some stock footage of various supervillains cackling.

If I had some, it would be the soundtrack that accompanies me wherever I go.

So, whose group shall I fail to participate in tonight? Is anyone badly in need of assistance that will never come? Because I can totally do that.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

How come I don't get to be a demon? I'm a thousand times more evil than they are.

Amateurs.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I'm getting bad vibes from GeneralHankerchief.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Inconclusive. I was there but my presence didn't make or break the attempt.
    This sounds strange and I'd like to hear you elaborate on that.

Ja mata, TosaInu

vote: Double A

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast