Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirate Ship Mafia II [Concluded]

Default Re: Pirate Ship Mafia II

You're a canny one, aren't you?

I'll get my revenge, Tincowbell, just you wait!
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Everyone know's lawyarrrrrrrs arrrrrre the warrrrrst kind o' people. I got half o' yers to come on this harrrrrrre ship; w'out me, there wouldn't be enough men to run this here ship! Yarr.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Swindler? Con-man?!

I am the Evil Pirate Lawyer. How dare you even think to challenge my knowledge of Piracy Law! You are either completely ignorant of the law, or you are a liar and a con-man yourself. The Pirate Code does not include any restriction to the transfer of treasure which requires the deal to be struck in public. The 'public' aspect of the Code only pertains to the type of services which can be rendered, not the visible nature of the transaction itself:

For someone who claims to be such a strict supporter of The Law, you appear to know relatively little about it.

Can someone please stab this man already?
    As it happens, Mr. Evil Pirate Lawyer, yes we can.

The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse the are now back in business with full membership, after having successfully negotiated a suitable royalties contract with the honorable ACIN, who will not be joining us.

As such, we will gladly accept your contract to kill the one known as Montmorency. You may deliver the 20 gold directly to me upon completion of said task, which I will distribute amongst my fellow riders who shall remain unnamed.

To everyone else: while the Horsemen may be contracted for tonight, we have a free schedule ahead of us. If you would like to set up a contract with the world's most dangerous men, feel free to contact me.

Yours truly,

WAR, the Red Rider
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can't remember if I put this in the rules or not, but all transactions must be confirmed to me via PM for both parties.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    As such, we will gladly accept your contract to kill the one known as Montmorency. You may deliver the 20 gold directly to me upon completion of said task, which I will distribute amongst my fellow riders who shall remain unnamed.
    Very good sir, though it will unfortunately take me two days to transfer the gold under this arrangement, as I cannot give more than 10 to any one person in a single day. I'm sure you will understand as well that I cannot make the first payment until the job is actually accomplished, particularly as it is contingent on me being Captain which I am currently not.
    Last edited by TinCow; 09-27-2012 at 20:05.

all transactions must be confirmed to me via PM for both parties.
    I do not condone the murder of said individual, i.e. Montmorency, who may or may not be participating in the murder attempt on one Montmorency this night, the night of Friday March 24 in the Year of Our Lord 1720, though he has not committed himself to sign the contract concerning partition of murder culpability, partition of murder commission, and disbursement of hard currency in the form of shekels, obols, drachmae, denarii, florins, pounds sterling, or Spanish doubloons. This is illegal as any and all murder attempts must follow full documentation of the affair by the office of the Pagarch Piratalis in contractual documents 4.7c and 4.7d, which must be signed by both parties, i.e. the killers - including, for all legal intents & purposes, the paymaster - and the victim. It may also be noted that it is highly unusual for a party to be both victim and killer by these contracts, escepting cases covered in contractual document 4.7d, which requires the holder's signature in the holder's blood, the holder being the person holding the document at any given moment, and the Unholy Seal of Davy Jones to be valid.

Whatever the case may be, Montmorency refuses to read or be party to any contracts for the duration of this voyage, until we reach the port city of Nassau Jamaica. Therefore, any contracts with respect to Montmorency and/or his person are null and void for the remainder of the fortnight.

That ought to do it.
    Vitiate Man.

Under the agreement I came to with Chaotix, my RL demands prevent me from getting involved in a group that requires orders every night. So the contract has been that they are allowed to work under the 4 Horseman name under the stipulation that their will will provide all gold to me in the case of their death.

This has already been seen to and I am proud to have a chaotic, unaccountable force in Pirate Ship mafia once again. Although, my philosophy was more of a random type of killing, not whoring yourself out for money.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I think I want to Elect: Zaccino

Can a Cow of Tin really float?
    Certainly. You hollow the cow out when the time is ripe.
    Elect: Tincow
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Sultry Gangster Babe Member Diana Abnoba's Avatar
    In a Gangster's Paradise, eating lobster and drinking fine wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I do not condone the murder of said individual, i.e. Montmorency, who may or may not be participating in the murder attempt on one Montmorency this night, the night of Friday March 24 in the Year of Our Lord 1720, though he has not committed himself to sign the contract concerning partition of murder culpability, partition of murder commission, and disbursement of hard currency in the form of shekels, obols, drachmae, denarii, florins, pounds sterling, or Spanish doubloons. This is illegal as any and all murder attempts must follow full documentation of the affair by the office of the Pagarch Piratalis in contractual documents 4.7c and 4.7d, which must be signed by both parties, i.e. the killers - including, for all legal intents & purposes, the paymaster - and the victim. It may also be noted that it is highly unusual for a party to be both victim and killer by these contracts, escepting cases covered in contractual document 4.7d, which requires the holder's signature in the holder's blood, the holder being the person holding the document at any given moment, and the Unholy Seal of Davy Jones to be valid.

Whatever the case may be, Montmorency refuses to read or be party to any contracts for the duration of this voyage, until we reach the port city of Nassau Jamaica. Therefore, any contracts with respect to Montmorency and/or his person are null and void for the remainder of the fortnight.

That ought to do it.

Nice try there Monty with the lawyer like talk, but you don't have to sign anything for you to be killed. The contract would be between TinCow the payer of the gold and the team who kills you. Service rendered and payment for such service. These are the only PM's that need to be sent to our host. Sorry.
    But as ya mentioned before how much are ya willing to pay for your protection?
    Sultry Mafia Babe
    Diana Abnoba- Goddess of the Hunt

10 gold, of course.
    Vitiate Man.

Unelect; Elect: Zaccino

He did recruit a lot of us. Yarr.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    What is this "trickle-down" and where can I sign up for it?
    Belay that! It be a trap, they be requiring a new pedestal for yon urinal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Abnoba View Post
    Nice try there Monty with the lawyer like talk, but you don't have to sign anything for you to be killed. The contract would be between TinCow the payer of the gold and the team who kills you. Service rendered and payment for such service. These are the only PM's that need to be sent to our host. Sorry.
    That be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Abnoba
    But as ya mentioned before how much are ya willing to pay for your protection?
    10 gold, of course.
    Oooh, ye can be extorted! That bain't bad!
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Anyone who would like to protect me should drop anchor at my bunk.
    Vitiate Man.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Again, how much be ye offering?

Di, would ye like to join in?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

​unelect: monty elect:Zaccino

Again, how much be ye offering?
    Ten gold, of course. This would be on top of the reward for a successful protection.

Only two votes to unseat Tincow, fellows.
    Vitiate Man.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TinCow, The Grand Adjudicator, Arbiter of Souls 11 (issaikhaan, Himself, Arjos, Askthepizzaguy, Chaotix, Johnhughtom, Ishmael, Xenoneb, Edse, Memnon, Ironside)
    Zaccino 10 (Bsmith, Zaccino, Choxorn, Diana Abnoba, Montmorency, NinjaCow, JoanK, Autolycus, Visorslash, ACIN)
    Andres 2 (Andres, Makrell)
    Monty 1 (Double A)

The hour of judgment is upon us! It is not yet too late to prove your loyalty to the divine arbiter! Come, my brothers and sisters, join me in blessed adoration!
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Above tally is incorrect, TinCow and Zaccino are currently tied at 11 votes each with ~3 hours to go.

I notice El Barto in particular has posted a lot but not actually voted, make sure to lodge a legal vote if you want that gold!
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 09-28-2012 at 01:10.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Ten gold, of course. This would be on top of the reward for a successful protection.

Only two votes to unseat Tincow, fellows.
    Of course, the rest of the reward be coming from General Hankerchief himsself.

Visorslash and Zaccino, for reasons best known to their own scurvy selves, be pressuring me to vote me to Erect: Zaccino.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very well. You faithless desire gold, is it? I offer a sum of ten gold to anyone electing Zaccino to switch to the aid of my Lord. You will only receive payment if TinCow is elected captain. May He have mercy on your wicked souls.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Be ye suggesting that TinCow be God? Avast, and back away from me, thee Devil, thee siren-voiced minion of Evil!

Blog Entries

So a bit of clarification, apparently I forgot that my timezone was now EDT and not EST, meaning the round's ending an hour later than I originally planned it to. Please refer to the timer currently counting down and not the actual time posted on the first post of this thread as well as the summary thread (so basically, 2.5 hours to go, not 1.5).

Zaccino be leading by 12 votes to 11, all hail the CFCing Alliance.

Elect:KaiserFriedrichIII

Why? Because I have no idea who else to vote for.

Then vote for Zaccino.

Ah, it appears we have a ship full of boring pirates. Enjoy being boring with your boring captain. I'll be over on the poop deck with a lot of rum. Wenches disguises as pirate are welcome; boring pirates are not.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Ah, it appears we have a ship full of boring pirates.
    That's a good one, lad! The grammatically correct and whatnot lawyarrr calls us borin'! What a poor sport, I reckon! Cheerio! Pip pip! How 'bout that, mate? Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaccino View Post
    That's a good one, lad! The grammatically correct and whatnot lawyarrr calls us borin'! What a poor sport, I reckon! Cheerio! Pip pip! How 'bout that, mate? Eh?
    Pip pip? What kind of bloody pirate says "pip pip"?

Read up on yer Dickens, ya worthless sack o' bones! It's one of them classics!

EDIT: You didn't get the joke? The accent deteriorated into other accents (southern, English, Australian, Canadian). Loosen up, you tightly wound lawyer.
    Last edited by Zack; 09-28-2012 at 03:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaccino View Post
    Dinna be a-payin' attention to him, man! That bain't good for yer nerves, that scurvy dog be the death of us all if we bain't stopping him.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast