Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy of Elemental Magic [Concluded]

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Default Re: Academy of Elemental Magic [IN PLAY]

How are you planning to clear edse if not by investigation?
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Yeah right… I wish both you and Xenoneb could be lynched in one same day.
    Just tie the vote…
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    Night 1: Nothing
    Night 2: Nothing again
    Night 4: Defend
    Night 7: Defend

I was attacked night 1 for 2 points of damage.
    Why??? That's not actions done by a good water guild player. In fact, those are horrible choises.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema in the rules
    3. There would be 'vanilla' newbies among townies. They would be able to join elemental colleges. Majority of scum players would be hiding among them
    I think we'll have to consider the option that Jarema can be lying. Only non-vanilla townie left know to us is ATPG (seems to be 'vanilla' mason) and while it is possible for him to be lying, edse's night actions are screaming scum.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No, quit it. If we're not following investigations just because of the desperate protestations of the accused, then I don't even know what we're doing here. Lynch edse- use our freakin' brains here. We've got a result, and they've not failed yet. Stop sissy-footing around. There's nothing in Edse's protestations that actually do anything remotely close to clearing him.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    Why??? That's not actions done by a good water guild player. In fact, those are horrible choises.
    What actions are good for a water-dude? And what actions can be carried by a master? What he mean by nothing? Who am I? So confused!
    returning to the shadows.....

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Dammit, kumquat keeps posting.
    Why does that bother you, scared he'll reveal something about you and your mason buddy?

What better indication of scum can there be than a result of 'utterly corrupted'? Worst case scenario of this lynch is we learn something and lose one townie, whose night actions are questionable at best. I'm willing to take that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post

I think we'll have to consider the option that Jarema can be lying. Only non-vanilla townie left know to us is ATPG (seems to be 'vanilla' mason) and while it is possible for him to be lying, edse's night actions are screaming scum.
    Au contraire

The first night I asked Andres about permision for my orders and then forgot to send them. The second night I was celebrating my mother's 60th birthday.

Night four. Andres had died the night before and I was the only wielder in the college. My top priority that night was to stay alive so I could become headmaster. If I had died that night the Water college would have lost.

Night sevens defend order was due to me having no time at all.

So two of my very scummy night orders were with the very best of the Water college in mind and the other two was caused by a lack of time.

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    No, quit it. If we're not following investigations just because of the desperate protestations of the accused, then I don't even know what we're doing here. Lynch edse- use our freakin' brains here. We've got a result, and they've not failed yet. Stop sissy-footing around. There's nothing in Edse's protestations that actually do anything remotely close to clearing him.
    Completely agree with khaan here, scans haven't failed once! Lynch edse now and vig the rest of water college at night!!!

This is amusing! :)

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    It is impossible for me to have such a high score, understand that. I was starting innocent, only possibility for me to be evil is if i've been recruited but why would I then have a score worthy a cult leader or godfather?

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I bet you dollars to donuts if you're innocent, edse, that the scum deliberately are keeping me alive, and spoofing my investigation result on purpose.

I asked for orders, I was told to scan you. The person who asked, is innocent.

However, others will have seen those orders. And so, the scum may have known who I was scanning.

Maybe the point wasn't to make "edse" look bad, but to make "whoever I was scanning" look bad. Which in turn, makes the scanning pointless for town and advantageous to the scums.

We haven't even hit the other scum team yet. As such, nobody is written off as being innocent except the starting headmasters. And myself, but that's because I possess the Askthepizzaguy card. Kill me if you need to see it.

Nah. I get the feeling someone is deliberately pulling my strings. I will not be anyone's puppet.

I was told to scan edse, and I scanned him. I faithfully reported the result. But I possess my own brain. Don't tell me what I can or cannot think.

Edse might be innocent, and I could be being ed with. We know investigation results can be spoofed.

I'm not gonna be your monkey, scumbags. Find someone else.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-14-2012 at 22:05.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Ferret View Post
    Why does that bother you, scared he'll reveal something about you and your mason buddy?
    He is dead, I'm dead... no way any of us can reveal anything, if his buddy is anything else of what he claimed to be then it wasn't of El Barto knowledge while alive.

It is impossible for me to have such a high score, understand that. I was starting innocent, only possibility for me to be evil is if i've been recruited but why would I then have a score worthy a cult leader or godfather?
    I asked town earlier to do the math, and thing is, if your actions were a bit different every night is very possible for you to have 6-7 corruption with a combination of xp spending and kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I'm not gonna be your monkey, scumbags. Find someone else.
    lol... sorry, but my master says that is not acceptable, you are the best candidate to be our monkey here!

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Unvote; Vote: edse

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Ah, there we go. It was somewhat disconcerting having ATPG acting rationally in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Ah, there we go. It was somewhat disconcerting having ATPG acting rationally in a game.
    If he flips townie, what will you say to me?

You can see for yourself in the quicktopic that I was given the scanning item without asking for it, and told who to scan. If he flips townie, what do you conclude?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Sometimes the rational thing is the wrong thing.

In Hitman's Gambit I convinced people to lynch the detective simply because I claimed first and I had no motive to lie if I was scum, because I would die next. As a SK, I lose.

Rational doesn't mean correct. I was lying, the detective died, town lost. I had no reason to expect to win, I was lying because it was FUN.

In That Creeping Darkness I claimed detective and said I had a guilty result, just because town was running around like chickens with their heads cut off and they needed leadership. Absent a detective claim there wasn't going to be any. And that's how CDF's cult went down, and me a vanilla townie got murdered for, what most people rationally assumed, being a detective.

Here's something else that's rational. The rules say we can scan a scumbag and they can hide their corruption score. Not only that, there are items in the game. At least one of which, was an item of corruption.

So I have two different things that I rationally KNOW are true, because we've seen them before, which indicate a false level of corruption.

And I am being handed a detective item, and being told who to scan.

Now I did my job and faithfully reported the results. But listening to edse, he's giving off all the signs one gives off of being a framed townie.

If experience, and intuition, and gut, and all those sorts of things that make us not automatons means anything, then those things are telling me, we're deliberately being messed with.

• If he were that guilty, he should be able to hide it better.

According to the rules. I should be scanning people and finding relatively low corruption levels and they're guilty. These corruption scans shouldn't be able to tell us that much at this point, really.

• If he were guilty, why does he have absolutely no explanation for his corruption score?

He could fake one if he was guilty. Not having an alibi tells me he never had to think of one, because... um... he never expected to be caught with maximum corruption? Maybe because he's not corrupt at all?

• Why didn't he at least lie about having a corrupt item? Grab at any straws? I fed him a straw to grasp at and he didn't grasp at it.

What scum on his deathbed isn't going to at least TRY TO LIE TO ME???

Call me irrational. Go ahead. But rational thinking is all inside the box. And I prefer to think of myself as someone who can think his way out of a cardboard box.

Tell me exactly what is wrong with doubting this.

He's going to be lynched anyway. And rationally, guess who gets lynched after him if he flips innocent?

Now why would I be trying to stop his lynch here, if I'm scum?

All your rational thinking is going to get you in a world of hurt.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-14-2012 at 22:45.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I'll deal with that if it happens. You're foolish if you think sparing edse at this point will benefit the town even if he is innocent, which I doubt. He's got such a large weight around his neck now that he will be a drag on all lynch phases from here on out until he's dead.

That reply was to your first post. Your second just gives me a headache and I won't be responding to it, no offense.

That reply was to your first post. Your second just gives me a headache and I won't be responding to it, no offense.
    If after the game, edse has flipped town, and it's revealed that I'm a town mason, I want you to go back to that post and read it.

Might help you understand me. We're both intelligent fellows but in mafia it seems like we're always on the opposite sides of the argument. Sometimes you're right, but when you're wrong, I am correct.

If you can follow why I'm right when I'm right maybe we won't always be on opposite sides of an argument?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Where's the fun in that?

I request to be scanned once more. We have so far only lynched members of the cult, when we try to find the members of the second scum team (that probably can't recruit), starting innocents will be worth a lot. I believe there are only three of us left.

This will be my last post for today, when I wake up tomorrow I want you to have answered the following questions: When was I recruited? How did I gain the highest score possible? What evil things have I done as cult? Why have I lynched my fellow cultists? Why have I continued to promote people in my college?

I myself will try to find the answer to "how can they trust a scan result that is obviously wrong?"

If you can follow why I'm right when I'm right maybe we won't always be on opposite sides of an argument?
    Hey, I was with you this entire game right up until you decided that what is essentially a guilty detective result shouldn't be followed up with a lynching. I understand your gut feeling, but a guilty result is a guilty result. There is only one way to play that and that is to lynch the target. If anything, it's an even easier decision in this game when we will instantly know if the decision was right or wrong. Being right is to our advantage because is eliminates a scum. Being wrong is to our advantage because it clearly uncovers some skullduggery of some sort. The only thing that isn't to our advantage at this point is ignoring the lynch and letting the situation fester.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

But seriously, did you ever scan a headmaster before this? I personally believe that they flip "Special" in there corruption score.

Regardless, I VERY suspicious of the Air Colleges motive's by how ATPG is acting. (It's like he knows that the result is going to be an innocent townie and is trying to redirect blame)

Being right is to our advantage because is eliminates a scum. Being wrong is to our advantage because it clearly uncovers some skullduggery of some sort. The only thing that isn't to our advantage at this point is ignoring the lynch and letting the situation fester.
    Exactly how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    Regardless, I VERY suspicious of the Air Colleges motive's by how ATPG is acting. (It's like he knows that the result is going to be an innocent townie and is trying to redirect blame)
    What would the aeromancers have to gain by lynching the head of the water college? Especially as if it turns out he's innocent it could make ATPG look suspicious. If they wanted to get rid of the water college they'd be better off doing so at night. But there is no reason for them to want to get rid of the water college anyway, if they were going for the partisan win they'd be far better off going after the geodudes.

Because I know edse is going to flip townie and then we have lost the only person in the college who had "confirmed innocent" status.

Regardless, this is a huge insult that they didn't just night-kill edse instead of making me question the other members loyalty's.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Unvote; Vote: edse
    NO, JOHN, NO!!!

Sometimes the rational thing is the wrong thing.

In Hitman's Gambit I convinced people to lynch the detective simply because I claimed first and I had no motive to lie if I was scum, because I would die next. As a SK, I lose.

Rational doesn't mean correct. I was lying, the detective died, town lost. I had no reason to expect to win, I was lying because it was FUN.

In That Creeping Darkness I claimed detective and said I had a guilty result, just because town was running around like chickens with their heads cut off and they needed leadership. Absent a detective claim there wasn't going to be any. And that's how CDF's cult went down, and me a vanilla townie got murdered for, what most people rationally assumed, being a detective.

Here's something else that's rational. The rules say we can scan a scumbag and they can hide their corruption score. Not only that, there are items in the game. At least one of which, was an item of corruption.

So I have two different things that I rationally KNOW are true, because we've seen them before, which indicate a false level of corruption.

And I am being handed a detective item, and being told who to scan.

Now I did my job and faithfully reported the results. But listening to edse, he's giving off all the signs one gives off of being a framed townie.

If experience, and intuition, and gut, and all those sorts of things that make us not automatons means anything, then those things are telling me, we're deliberately being messed with.

• If he were that guilty, he should be able to hide it better.

According to the rules. I should be scanning people and finding relatively low corruption levels and they're guilty. These corruption scans shouldn't be able to tell us that much at this point, really.

• If he were guilty, why does he have absolutely no explanation for his corruption score?

He could fake one if he was guilty. Not having an alibi tells me he never had to think of one, because... um... he never expected to be caught with maximum corruption? Maybe because he's not corrupt at all?

• Why didn't he at least lie about having a corrupt item? Grab at any straws? I fed him a straw to grasp at and he didn't grasp at it.

What scum on his deathbed isn't going to at least TRY TO LIE TO ME???

Call me irrational. Go ahead. But rational thinking is all inside the box. And I prefer to think of myself as someone who can think his way out of a cardboard box.

Tell me exactly what is wrong with doubting this.

He's going to be lynched anyway. And rationally, guess who gets lynched after him if he flips innocent?

Now why would I be trying to stop his lynch here, if I'm scum?

All your rational thinking is going to get you in a world of hurt.
    You know Pizza, your post is complete WIFOM. I could get drunk reading that, that's how much wine is in that post. Seriously.

I know my position is completely biased, but still. I really can't imagine a world where the scum haven't infiltrated the Colleges. Especially the giant Water College, which seemed to invite every single bloody person in the town. And Pizza you are acting weird. Townie weird, I give you that, but still weird. There is something very fishy about this barrel and edse is at the bottom of it, I just know it. So we must kill him. FOR FIRE!!!
    But there ARE smilies on this forum! They are just well hidden. Hence the couch.
    I like Mafia! Play it at CFC! (and TWC)
    Why don't you have a bunch of quotes by famous and not-so-famous people?
    "There is no need to link Socialism to Evil, I live in Europe and have Free Speech." - strijder20 (lolwut?)
    "This thread is a either testament to the mods not giving a crap about us or their ability to be amused by our antics." - DoubleA (On this thread)

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCow64 View Post
    NO, JOHN, NO!!!

You know Pizza, your post is complete WIFOM. I could get drunk reading that, that's how much wine is in that post. Seriously.

I know my position is completely biased, but still. I really can't imagine a world where the scum haven't infiltrated the Colleges. Especially the giant Water College, which seemed to invite every single bloody person in the town. And Pizza you are acting weird. Townie weird, I give you that, but still weird. There is something very fishy about this barrel and edse is at the bottom of it, I just know it. So we must kill him. FOR FIRE!!!
    Hey we don't have that many people!

There are like 15 players left and we have 5. That is one third in a town composed of three colleges. Maybe you guys just under-recruited.

Also I am generally in agreement with TinCow on this. If we don't lynch edse, that is unfortunately always going to be hanging over us at every lynch. We're not going to know what is up with the scan result unless he is actually dead - otherwise we can just guess and speculate. I don't want to lynch my headmaster, but a guilty result is a guilty result.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Hey we don't have that many people!

There are like 15 players left and we have 5. That is one third in a town composed of three colleges. Maybe you guys just under-recruited.

Also I am generally in agreement with TinCow on this. If we don't lynch edse, that is unfortunately always going to be hanging over us at every lynch. We're not going to know what is up with the scan result unless he is actually dead - otherwise we can just guess and speculate. I don't want to lynch my headmaster, but a guilty result is a guilty result.
    Scan me again, and again. The only thing speaking against me is that one scan, AND IT CAN'T POSSIBLE BE TRUE. The only ones with a reason to vote for me is the non recruiting mafia. With me and Pizza dead there is only one or two left of the starting innocents.

There's probably only one or two left of the cult, the mafia should be four. Chaotix, Elite Ferret and Xenoneb are scum. Lynch them next instead of Pizza.

The most disturbing part about all this is that, I think that night write-up about that guy having a shadow separate from his body was a recruitment attempt. I think that makes it clear the scum just wanted one more night to dig-in and now that they have it....

Scan me again, and again. The only thing speaking against me is that one scan, AND IT CAN'T POSSIBLE BE TRUE. The only ones with a reason to vote for me is the non recruiting mafia. With me and Pizza dead there is only one or two left of the starting innocents.

There's probably only one or two left of the cult, the mafia should be four. Chaotix, Elite Ferret and Xenoneb are scum. Lynch them next instead of Pizza.
    Unvote, Vote: Xenoneb

edse, if we get your scan back tomorrow and you are still guilty, I'll kill you myself.

In my experience, letting the guilty-scanned guy live is never a good idea. Even if it turns out it was a false scan there will always be doubt, and then the lynch could be turned on you later when we have found the real scum. That said, I still do think you are guilty.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eh... no. We should lynch you. There's plenty of reason for it to be true. You could have been corrupted in a number of ways that we can't verify, since you so rarely show on nights. You claim the investigation is bad/wrong/fraudulent? What's stopping it from *continuing* to be fraudulent? If someone can throw off investigation results, they'll just hit you again and we'll be dancing this same dance tomorrow.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast