Thread: Adding highways to other factions

Default Adding highways to other factions

Hey all, I've been playing this mod for some time now and have done many campaigns, with different factions. At some point, I always end up playing the romani because I love the third level of roads, regardless of the troops and starting position. I was wondering if there's a cheat to construct them in cities through console, or add them in the construction tree of other factions. Thanks in advance!

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Adding highways to other factions

Hello Simonine, welcome to the .Org and to EB .

I am afraid there is no cheat that unlocks Highways for other factions. Doing so will require modification of the data files, but the changes are fairly simple.

First, you need to find the highway "building" in the export_desc_building.txt file. Replace the line specifying the requirements with those of the basic "roads" building. You probably also need to change the requirements of the intermediate "paved roads", since IIRC the Suebi and Casse don't get these either. For more information on how export_descr_building works, check this thread.

You also need to add a description for every culture that does not already have this building. This can be done in "export_buildings.txt". I have never modified this file myself, but this thread explains how it works.

As always, make back-ups before you start modifying a file.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Adding highways to other factions

Thanks for the prompt answer. Now I can construct the highways as Epeiros, my favourite faction. I see many other fun campaigns ahead.