Thread: Oh God this hurts

Default Oh God this hurts

So my wisdom teeth decided in my finals week that they should show up. Great timing.

Tell me, org​, how do I get through this?
    This space intentionally left blank.

Default Re: Oh God this hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    So my wisdom teeth decided in my finals week that they should show up. Great timing.

Tell me, org​, how do I get through this?
    Well, the best way to deal with uninvited guests is to get them to leave as soon as possible.

I suggest pliers. Or tying a string around the tooth, connecting it to a doorknob and slamming the door.

Otherwise a cocktail of pain drugs (possibly antibiotics) might help.

Member thankful for this post:

Hax 

Dental surgery.

I was in pain for weeks after having mine removed; deep and impacted. To clarify I had 4; 1 on each side growing at a right angle to the one that broke through.
    Last edited by HopAlongBunny; 12-17-2012 at 14:02.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Ubrofen works wonders, or have them extracted don't worry you won't feel a thing

The ubrofen at Kruitvat is good and cheap. If that doesn't ease the pain get some cloves (kruidnagel) and put it where it hurts, is the old way!
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-17-2012 at 15:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    I suggest pliers. Or tying a string around the tooth, connecting it to a doorknob and slamming the door.

Were you ever in some kind prison?

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post

Were you ever in some kind prison?
    Putting a string between your teeth, how do I get to prison in India,sounds great

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Putting a string between your teeth, how do I get to prison in India,sounds great
    It's not about putting a string, it's about tying the tooth with it pulling it out.....
    This was a way they used back when my dad was a kid, more than fifty years ago, since then we have these guys called dentists who use this chemical called anesthetic, so that their clinic does not sound like a medieval surgeon's place.
    Last edited by rajpoot; 12-17-2012 at 17:53.

Husar 

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Meh, if the problem is related to being during the finals, a surgery is even worse...
    Provided you can even arrange it in time...

Best advice? Man up :D
    Should they grow with a weird angle, bothering you, then yes have them removed...

Also, any medical inquiry on the net, has but one answer: talk about it with your doctor ^^

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Wisdom teeth don't grow overnight, so if you're just now feeling pain they won't magically spring up in the next few days. Some painkillers and possible antibiotics will tidy you over for a few days and then you go see a surgeon.

Thanks! I called up my father, and he says that if the tooth grows normally, the pain ought to go away in about a week.

In any case, I have a dentist's appointment scheduled for January 2nd, but if the pain doesn't subside within a couple of days, I could try and get an appointment.

It is just your gums that hurt, try having a rotten tooth removed, can't be fully sedated, great fun trust me. But you won't feel a thing if you have your wisdom teeth removed. Do have them removed though as soon as you can as they can start pushing away your other teeth. For now, enjoy!

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Tooth eruption can be an uncomfortable experience.

Use Ibuprofen or Naprosyn (NSAID) to reduce pain and inflammation, with a local anesthetic such as benzocaine to numb the area. Also try chewing on things in the area, as you are teething.

I'm really not sure what's available at the pharmacy where you're at, but there should be something available to you over the counter.

My kingdom for a .

I just got aspirine paracetamol for now, which did help. Woke up somewhere in the night and had to take another one. This is definitely an interesting experience.

Now I have to prepare for my exam of Arabic literature, starting in half an hour. Hilarious.
    Last edited by Hax; 12-18-2012 at 10:31.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

You should tell your Uni as soon as possible. That way it may be possible to get an exemption or deferred exam.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Yeah, I talked to my adviser today and sent the official co-ordinator an e-mail just now.

So far, it's generally managable. It's more annoying than anything else, but it certainly distracts from what I could be doing.

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Yeah, I talked to my adviser today and sent the official co-ordinator an e-mail just now.

So far, it's generally managable. It's more annoying than anything else, but it certainly distracts from what I could be doing.
    I would suggest this as a remedy:

Status Emeritus

Husar 

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

well, I wouldn't recommend what I did (even though it solved the problem permanently), but you can always put some wadding where the offending tooth is, and bite like your life depends on it.

granted, you'll cut through the gum and bleed like a horse with its throat slit, but it'll actually hurt less.

again, not recommended (infection is always a possibility), and I'm only putting it out there if it takes too long or something.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Heh I cut it out myself, it wasn't very pleasant but it seemed like a good idea at the time as it really hurted. Pain stopped. Pretty badass imho. Take a sharp knive, cut, and pull it out. Who needs dentists.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Heh I cut it out myself, it wasn't very pleasant but it seemed like a good idea at the time as it really hurted. Pain stopped. Pretty badass imho. Take a sharp knive, cut, and pull it out. Who needs dentists.
    Typical reaction of the Dentophobist.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    Typical reaction of the Dentophobist.
    He's talking about sticking a knife in hie mouth and cutting his tooth out. He can be many things but I doubt he's a phobist of any kind.

I actually did that. Hurted a lot but it worked, I got it out. Needed some wobbling. I was in France and your insurance-card doesn't count there, you have to pay cash if you are a foreigner and I didn't have enough of it. Tip: if you have a bad tooth get it out early.

So I went to the dentist, and he decided against taking it out now. I have to come back after New Year's.

In the meantime, I've replaced this tooth ache with a pretty nasty fever.

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

So I went to the dentist, and he decided against taking it out now. I have to come back after New Year's.

In the meantime, I've replaced this tooth ache with a pretty nasty fever.
    Tylenol.

My kingdom for a .