Thread: changing roman unit availability

Default changing roman unit availability

If I wanted to say, make eastern archer auxilia available in the marian era as well, how would I go about doing that? Would it be possible without having to drop other units?

Default Re: changing roman unit availability

Quote Originally Posted by The Computer Illiterate View Post
    If I wanted to say, make eastern archer auxilia available in the marian era as well, how would I go about doing that? Would it be possible without having to drop other units?
    hi illitterate.

it is not that difficult.
    i will try to explain it. be patient with me, as ti is nearly the 1st time i try to help in such matters.
    this system will make them available in the 'national' barracks. not the 'allied' barracks. but i don't think will be difficult either
    Let's start.
    1st: BACKUP/SAVE the EDB file. you will find it here: RTW folder/EB/DATA/export_descr_buildings
    2- open the EDB file
    3- open the 'search' trigger, and look for 'archer auxilia'. it should be at the line: 7554
    4- copy ALL the strings with 'archer auxilia'. should be from line 7554 to line 7602
    5- go to the line of the Roman barracks for the marian era. the codes for the roman barracks are as follows: A1 (camillan era) A2 (polybian era) B1 (maria era) B2
    (Augustan era). the buildings are of 4 types: Militia barracks, City barracks, Army barracks, Royal barracks. The Marian barracks start at line 6090.
    6-YOU HAVE TO DECIDE FROM WHICH KIND OF BARRACK YOU WANT TO START RECRUITING ARCHER AUXILIAS. LET'S SUPPOSE YOU WANT TO START FROM ARMY
    BARRACK:
    7- you go to the line of Army Barracks of the Marian era (B1). it is at the line no. 6508
    8- go to the bottom of the army barracks. should be line no. 6912
    9- paste there ALL the strings with Archer Auxilia. WARNING: respect all the spaces/brackets, and so on.
    10- do the same at the bottom of the Royal barracks.
    THEN IT IS DONE. SAVE IT, AND YOU GOT IT.

unnecessary to say that you can do the same with ALL the barracks, of every reform; and with every kind of soldier, even from other factions...

that's all, folks.

belliger
    Nec sine Marsis nec contra Marsos triumphari posse
    (Appiano)

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by belliger View Post
    unnecessary to say that you can do the same with ALL the barracks, of every reform; and with every kind of soldier, even from other factions...
    Belliger is correct, but I'd like to add two footnotes:

1) EDB stands for "export_descr_building.txt"
    2) The method also works for units of other factions, but those require a few additional changes in the export_descr_unit (EDU) file. Also, it's not a good idea to assign two units with the same unit model to a faction (unless one has the mercenary attribute and the other one doesn't). It will cause a crash when you try to fight a battle with both units present in your army.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Subscribe Ludens.
    Nec sine Marsis nec contra Marsos triumphari posse
    (Appiano)