Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Resistance! ...2! [Concluded]

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Default Re: The Resistance! ...2! [SIGN UPs]

You know that time when I pursued a great Larginitor with circular teeths. That time I had an imperial spy in my company. I killed him and disembowled his body. The criminal gave me a nice bounty of 12.5 kilo gold.

So I should go on the mission as Jarema suggested.

Oh Makrell, do you happen to have found a tikomena skin which fell of a truck? I am looking for something good for camouflage.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Suddenly everyone heard a voice in their head

"Choose Jarema and Autolycus, and darth feather. Maybe also Makrell cause he is guaranteed clean"

also darht feather, i found it.
    THEN I SOLD I. brought severl hundred space dollars, which i will of course give to the resistance

I agree with Jarema’s position that we should test out the next in line for approving missions. Hopefully this goes better than the last time I did this at edse’s request.

Mission 1 Proposal:

autolycus
    Jarema
    Darth Feather
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Mission 1 proposal is made. Please send me your votes via PM. You will vote APPROVE if you want to see BSmiths proposal succeed or OPPOSE if you do not agree with his choice of agents for the mission.

If the majority of agents APPROVE this proposal the mission will go ahead. If the majority OPPOSE, or if it is a tie, then leadership will pass to AUTOLYCUS and he will propose a Mission Team.

If you are one of the three agents that BSMITH has proposed; you may also wish to supply me with your orders for the Mission (SUCCEED / FAIL) should this proposal be approved.

Any questions, probably best to PM me.

approve

good tactic is good

RULE REMINDER: You may say whatever you wish to say in the thread, but you MUST PM me your vote and how you voted WILL be revealed in the thread once I have received a complete set.

Imperials! Spies!! Imperial Spies!!!

Since each team is an information machine we must choose the right people! I approve of this message.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Disapprove! We went with this approach last game and ultimately lost.

I suggest team furry blue death blades: Double_A, Ishmael, & myself.

sorry for such brevity, running short on time today

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    furry
    What.

Disapprove! We went with this approach last game and ultimately lost.

I suggest team furry blue death blades: Double_A, Ishmael, & myself.

sorry for such brevity, running short on time today
    Sure it didn't work last game, but I don't see anything wrong with the principle. I'm going to approve it.

Just waiting on one more vote. My online time will be sporadic at best this weekend, so I'll check in when I can. Thanks for your patience

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Approve?

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Approve?
    RE post: RULE REMINDER: You may say whatever you wish to say in the thread, but you MUST PM me your vote and how you voted WILL be revealed in the thread once I have received a complete set.

For those of you who are new to this. I will grant up to 24 hours per phase before chasing you up, but this game works best if people can respond as soon as possible to Mission proposals.

Unlike mafia: As soon as I have received a complete set of votes, or Mission orders, I go ahead and move the game forward.

Mission 1 Proposal: BSMITH

autolycus
    Jarema
    Darth Feather

APPROVE
    (BSmith)
    Makrell
    HopAlongBunny
    autolycus
    Darth Feather
    Jarema
    Ishmael

OPPOSE
    B_Ray

CONFUSED
    Double A

Lazy sighed and wondered if she should just take the Sawgehrmer known as DOUBLE A back up to the surface and put a blaster round through the back of his furry blue cranium, but she resisted the temptation. Quite enough time had been taken over the proposal as it was and though his vote hadn't been made correctly, any further opposition would be merely academic.

'Ok, saddle up Team - it's time to kill some Imperials'. McCrow flipped the mic back off and crossed her fingers.

The team proposal has been approved. If you are a member have not already done so, please send me your SUCCESS/FAIL orders via PM. As always, I shall post an update as soon as I have received a complete set of orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    What.
    Oh yes.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMcCrow View Post
    Each of them stood three feet high and were uniformly covered in blue fur.

Orders in - write up to follow

The Nawgehrmer Shaman stamped around his interrogation pen and gesticulated wildly as he ranted in his native dialect. Lazy impatiently waved at the protocol droid to continue with the translation, as AUTOLYCUS spat and cursed - the bones attached to his clothing adding a percussive quality to his angry tirade.

The protocol droid cocked its head to one side as it processed the wailing and growling and then shrugged apologetically toward camera:

‘He says he’s sure the bad magic comes from the Sawgehrmer’s on the Team. As far as he’s concerned there can be no other explanation’

Lazy rolled her eyes and switched her view to the cell in which the Kraaak, DARTH FEATHER was being held. His voice was a gutteral croak, but he spoke common terran well enough to be understood.

‘When my blaster failed to fire, I broke cover and moved closer to the target to attempt the assassination with a blade. At the same time both JAREMA and AUTOLYCUS uncloaked - also in reasonable proximity to the target.’

JAREMA sat calmly in his cell - also speaking in the common tongue.

‘There is no doubt that the Empire had been alerted to our attempt. There is no other way to explain the swift cover they were able to offer their Commander’

Back with AUTOLYCUS, the protocol droid continued its report ‘The Shaman says that without his prayers to Tahuni the hornless, there is no way that any of them would have escaped’

‘We were lucky to escape’ croaked the reptilian ex-bounty hunter. ‘But all their efforts were to protect and extract the target from our threat. Once the Nawgehrmer’s had both failed in their attempts to cut their way through to the Imperial Commander, I retreated back to the drop zone. From what I could tell, none of us were pursued’

JAREMA stood proudly - his well groomed blue fur bristling with anger
    ‘ I realise that this failure does not reflect well on our team, but we were incredibly close to a successful assassination. I only hope I get another opportunity to strike soon.’

McCrow flicked the comms and addressed the three team members, as well as the Operatives who had been following the interrogation of the unsuccessful Mission Team on the screens in the Operations Bunker.

‘As you have heard: The Imperial Scout Commander remains at large. Further attempts on his life will be expected, but High Command suggests our chances of success are still good.

We shall make another attempt once a Team proposal has been approved.

AUTOLYCUS! - When you return to the Operations Bunker, please discuss with your team mates all you want before posting your four selected operatives. An update of the relevant Mission data, should be hitting your screens now:

THE MISSIONS:
    1st Mission Team: Autolycus, Jarema, Darth Feather FAILED(2 SUCCEED orders & 1 FAIL order supplied)
    2nd Mission Team: 4 Members
    3rd Mission Team: 4 Members
    4th Mission Team: 5 Members*
    5th Mission Team: 5 Members

*This Mission requires a minimum of 2 MISSION FAILS orders for it to fail.

‘Take heart loyal Resistance members! We’ve taken a knock, but you’re still all alive. If we nail this sucker properly this time, we’ll get the Empire on the back foot and no mistake.’

NOTE: Autolycus will now be informed by PM that he is now the 'leader' - please feel free to discuss the next Mission in or out of character, as you wish

(Note: I'm not all that great at math, so make sure to double check the following)

To the best of my reasoning, there's an equal chance of anybody being a spy at the moment (1/3 for the mission team, 2/6 for everybody else). Basically, the first mission was a write-off, as it gave us no new information to work with.

Whatever the team we send, there's only a 20% chance of them succeeding, assuming we pick randomly (I don't think behavioural clues are all that reliable at this stage). On the plus side, as the team for the next mission is not a multiple of 3, we will definitely get useful information next mission, and there's about a 40% chance that there will be two or more spies on the mission, which would give even more information. This is all assuming that every spy will send in a 'mission fail' order, which seems reasonable as they have no out of thread communication, and thus wouldn't want to risk squandering a mission.

Actually, I take back what I said earlier about the first mission giving us no new information: I can definitely say that of Autolycus, Jarema and Darth Feather at least one is a spy, whilst I can't say that for any other arbitrary group of three people. So we should probably run with a team from the other 6 people.

TL;DR: Pick a random team from the six people who didn't go on the first mission.

Certainly 1 of the first team and possibly BSmith are spies. Possible: didn't choose himself because he could not risk a 1S/2F result in first mission.

Agree with Ismael.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Propose:
    1. Autolycus
    2. Double A
    3. HopalongBunny
    4. Makrell

I know one of Jarema and Darth Feather is scum. The idea that Bsmith didn't vote himself so as to avoid a risk of double sabotage seems somewhat plausible. Beyond that, my choice was pretty much random.

However, I encourage people to vote no on this if they don't like it. One lesson I saw observing last game was that rejecting proposals may have been underused last time. We can have up to four rejection sessions each round before we are forced to approve, and longer voting records means more stuff to analyze.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Sorry autolycus, I'm going to be opposing this, based on my earlier reasoning. If this mission were to fail with one fail order it would be not all that useful to us, as the spy could be you (carried over from the earlier mission), or any of the others. If we run with a completely new group then at the very least it will help break people up into groups with a (mostly) known quantity of spies, and more information is always nice.

With that said, I won't actually send in the oppose order yet in case you talk me out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Propose:
    1. Autolycus
    2. Double A
    3. HopalongBunny
    4. Makrell

I know one of Jarema and Darth Feather is scum. The idea that Bsmith didn't vote himself so as to avoid a risk of double sabotage seems somewhat plausible. Beyond that, my choice was pretty much random.

However, I encourage people to vote no on this if they don't like it. One lesson I saw observing last game was that rejecting proposals may have been underused last time. We can have up to four rejection sessions each round before we are forced to approve, and longer voting records means more stuff to analyze.
    Mission 2 Team proposed. Send your votes (APPROVE or OPPOSE) to me via PM

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    (Note: I'm not all that great at math, so make sure to double check the following)

To the best of my reasoning, there's an equal chance of anybody being a spy at the moment (1/3 for the mission team, 2/6 for everybody else). Basically, the first mission was a write-off, as it gave us no new information to work with.

Whatever the team we send, there's only a 20% chance of them succeeding, assuming we pick randomly (I don't think behavioural clues are all that reliable at this stage). On the plus side, as the team for the next mission is not a multiple of 3, we will definitely get useful information next mission, and there's about a 40% chance that there will be two or more spies on the mission, which would give even more information. This is all assuming that every spy will send in a 'mission fail' order, which seems reasonable as they have no out of thread communication, and thus wouldn't want to risk squandering a mission.

Actually, I take back what I said earlier about the first mission giving us no new information: I can definitely say that of Autolycus, Jarema and Darth Feather at least one is a spy, whilst I can't say that for any other arbitrary group of three people. So we should probably run with a team from the other 6 people.

TL;DR: Pick a random team from the six people who didn't go on the first mission.
    Not convinced. We know there must be two other spies among the other six. The chance of there being a spy if we pick four random out of those six is too risky.
    I actually want to know wether BSmith is a spy. So I propose we pick BSmith together with two of the members of the other team. The fourth should be random. I know we did that in the last game, but it unmasked two out of the three spies. If we would have made some better choices in the end-game we would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Propose:
    1. Autolycus
    2. Double A
    3. HopalongBunny
    4. Makrell

For now I would oppose, based on my earlier reasoning and due to the fact that you have a 1/2 chance of being a spy.

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

I think Ishmael is right.

If we pick one of first three, and this one would be spy, then other spies will know that they do not have to send 'mission: fail: order; it would be obvious that the one 'selected' should. Therefore, new group of people can possibly give us more info (possible two 'fails')

This is one reason I think choosing the first team based on the order of leadership isn't necessarily helpful. In both games, the first mission team has failed, and then one of them has to pick the next team, which puts them in a no-win situation. Regardless of whether autolycus is spy or resistance, he has every incentive to be on the team he proposes. And if that team fails, the assumption is automatically made that autolycus is a spy, even if he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    So I propose we pick BSmith together with two of the members of the other team. The fourth should be random.
    By "the other team" do you mean the team that just failed? Or do you mean the last five players?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    I know we did that in the last game, but it unmasked two out of the three spies.
    This is either the scummiest suggestion possible or borderline just-crazy-enough-to-work. Anyone who hasn't looked over the first Resistance game, I would advise you to do so now. I'll recap: Mission 1 failed with one sabotage order, then Mission 2 failed with two sabotage orders. The second team had two members from the first, and through deduction, we were actually able to determine four innocents (there were only 8 players that game, with 3 spies) which enabled us to get two successful missions off before eventually losing. However, Chaotix had unintentionally exposed himself as a spy, which made things significantly easier. But we don't have that luxury right now, so I think this approach would be too risky.

Anyway, back to the proposed Mission 2 team. All things considered, I'd prefer to have no members from the previous team on it. So I disapprove, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    Certainly 1 of the first team and possibly BSmith are spies. Possible: didn't choose himself because he could not risk a 1S/2F result in first mission.

Agree with Ismael.
    Two things on this:

1.) I did exactly the same thing I did last game (I was not a spy then either), which was to pick the next in line for the mission so that we could know if any of them were spies. I did this both times at the suggestion of others with the support of others.
    2.) If I was a spy and put myself on the same mission as another spy, I would probably vote for the mission to succeed anyway. Worst case scenario is that the other spy does the same and there would be general consensus that no one on the team is a spy, increasing our chances of being put on a future team that we could then sabotage.

As for this mission, I agree with the others that we should have people that were not on the original mission go on this next mission.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

This is either the scummiest suggestion possible or borderline just-crazy-enough-to-work.
    Neither. I was not thinking while posting. I once got a tail of a Reliaarc on my head, and sometimes my brains leave me.

OOC: I was just wrong, you made me see it.

im going to approve of this mission, having 4 new ones makes it failing.

also, i do believe the imperials might risk sending in a mission success if they are 2 people on this mission. Last game only my nooby insecurity prevented me from sending a success for mission 2, had i sent a success i wouldve been way more likely to be chosen for a later mission, these people have may more missions to go, many of whom can fail.
    this mission proposal is the best bet imo

I approve, although the information to be gained is less than perfect.

autolycus including himself confuses the issue; even if the mission fails and we pin it on him we really don't know; if he is a spy he is gaining a "free round" where he can vote any way he wants to.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Blog Entries

Approve.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast