Thread: RTW chrashes when starting a custon battle/campaing.

player of rome-total war Member Marienus's Avatar

Default RTW chrashes when starting a custon battle/campaing.

Ive got a little problem out here...

Every time i want to load a custom battle or start a campaing the game just crashes. I don't know how to fix this and i really need help. My Rome: total war has worked for like 2 years. I installed mods but i delted them and reinstalled Rome: total war. Also, when i want to play multiplayer and joined the lobby. Every game says: Not compatible game data. I really need help and i would really accept it if someone could give me it.

Sorry for my bad English,

Marienus

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default Re: RTW chrashes when starting a custon battle/campaing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marienus View Post
    Ive got a little problem out here...

Every time i want to load a custom battle or start a campaing the game just crashes. I don't know how to fix this and i really need help. My Rome: total war has worked for like 2 years. I installed mods but i delted them and reinstalled Rome: total war. Also, when i want to play multiplayer and joined the lobby. Every game says: Not compatible game data. I really need help and i would really accept it if someone could give me it.

Sorry for my bad English,

Marienus
    Hello Marienus,

uninstall Rome: Total War, then go to the Total War folder and delete it.

After that use a program to remove RTW's traces in the Windows Registry. Cclearner has a program that may help you.

After that, install R:TW and update it to version 1.5...

And tell us what happens.

Good Luck.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Default Re: RTW chrashes when starting a custon battle/campaing.

I have a similar problem, playing on the campaign map works fine but when i try to fight a battle myself the game crashes every time. I only got the game today, behind the times i know. If all i have to do i update the game can someone give me a link to where i get the update.

Thanks