Thread: Carthage units

Default Carthage units

For some reason I can't recruit some units even though barracks info says I should be able to. In Carthage I have citadel barracks, and it says I should be able to recruit Libyan heavy spearmen, Liby-Phoenician heavy infantry and Iberian assault infantry. I see they are described as later units, will they appear with reforms?

Also, barrack info says I can recruit two elephant units, with the same name in english (african forest elephant) and different in native. And I can only build Pilei Xa'ar Libim variant.

I think I always activated script, I still get those year in history messages and 4 turns per year.

Can someone help?

EDIT - I know about the reforms, but I thought only Elite african infantry is affected by them?
    Last edited by Stark; 04-01-2013 at 10:19.

Default Re: Carthage units

Well look closer at the elephants. Tho they have the same name, the former ones have archers on top of them.
    About the recruitment, I had the same problems upgraded the barracks to the top level and played the waiting game till i finally got some new units( don't remember exactly if all, as it was a while from last time i've been playing an advanced quar campaign)

They should appear with the reform (unless something went wrong), read the FAQ to see if you have met the criteria.

Hm, I hope I'll get them eventually. The problem with elephants is though in description it says I can recruit both types, only one type is actually available to recruit.

EDIT - I read FAQ about reforms, just wasn't sure which units it unlocks (it doesn't say anywhere). I thought they only unlock elite african infantry, so I thought lack of other units is a bug. So all those units will get unlocked by reforms?
    Last edited by Stark; 04-01-2013 at 14:20.

I know it unlocks the new versions of the libyan and liby-phoenician infantry, not sure about the elephants though.
    I think I could recruit both of them before the reform, but i'm not sure as I said before.

Maybe some team member who knows what units are reform ones could pass by and tell us.