Thread: CTD whenever Romani lose Segestica

Default CTD whenever Romani lose Segestica

Hello!

The year is 236 BC, and the Carthaginians have long held the Italian paeninsula. Only one city remains in the once great Roman empire, Segestica, and only one ruling member, Caivs Avrelivs Cotta. That city would long ago have fallen, except for the slight hiccup that whenever its taken, Europa Barbarorum crashes.

I can successfully lay siege to it, and at the resolution of that siege, whether I auto-resolve the ensuing conflict or not, the game crashes.
    Recently I took to the idea of throwing assassins at Cotta until one stuck only to find that when Cotta dies, again the game crashes.

Note that when the Romani still had multiple cities and family members left, I still couldn't take Segestica without the game crashing.

I don't know why this is occurring, and none of the methods advised in the CTD FAQ are quite my issue, and none of them seem to resolve this problem anyway, so any advice that could be offered, I would thoroughly appreciate.

Thanks much.

Default Re: CTD whenever Romani lose Segestica

I am not an expert in solving CTD issues, so take what I write with a pinch of salt.

Have you tried the autoresolve win cheat without the script on? If that does not work, the problem is not with the script but rather within the savegame itself. That should help to narrow it down.

Without knowing what the savegame looks like, from your description it seems that the problem centers around Cotta, and possibly around the traits that character has (like for instance being a faction leader and faction heir). In which case you could try and remove one of the conflicting traits through console and then try again. Or even try to kill him via console. You probably need to write a short custom script for that (The ? behind the F1 scroll can be useful for that).

Sadly, if you cannot get rid of Cotta this way, you will run into a permanent CTD whenever he dies in battle / of natural causes. Since he is already in his 50s, it is better to deal with it now, than hoping the CTD can be avoided before you have met the campaign objectives.