Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

I can more easily invent a language than learn a real one. Go figure.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

That is not so uncommon for native English speakers. Most other languages have element and tenses that are totally missing in English.

If you want something tough look at German. Something darn near impossible look at modern Greek. Learn to spell in Irish!

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

I think for me I just enjoy constructing languages more than I do learning someone else's, so I am better at it.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

My temporary housemate, he's broken https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...zpsb1b401c2.jp

Our fight-club has our first female member, we don't disciminate on gender. Fun fact, she's my housekeeper. I got a really awesome one

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps935afdd4.jpg

Amazone, you are going down. She agreed on fighting me. I promise I will post it if she beats me up.

Member thankful for this post:

If dogs, whose ancient ancestors were wolves, were allowed to roam free in a no human contact wilderness would they eventually evolve back into wolves?
    "The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better."
    John Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Our fight-club has our first female member, we don't disciminate on gender. Fun fact, she's my housekeeper. I got a really awesome one

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps935afdd4.jpg

Amazone, you are going down. She agreed on fighting me. I promise I will post it if she beats me up.
    Mate, I say videos of the fights or they are not happening. I mean, you can at least send them via PM, right?

Oh they are happening alright

I lost this one - no ~Andres

It kinda stings, and no it wasn't my housekeeper
    Last edited by Andres; 07-24-2013 at 15:25.

Videos! lol I need videos!

Wasn't enough memory on the phone to film it, I had two fights yesterday (and got shot with a BB-gun), I lost both and I have been in better shape than I am right now. It's great fun, stop is stop and a hug afterwards, it couldn't get more homo-erotic.
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-20-2013 at 19:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Wasn't enough memory on the phone to film it, I had two fights yesterday (and got shot with a BB-gun), I lost both and I have been in better shape than I am right now. It's great fun, stop is stop and a hug afterwards, it couldn't get more homo-erotic.
    lol, as long as you release within 3 seconds you are ok.
    How the heck did you get shot with a bb gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    lol, as long as you release within 3 seconds you are ok.
    How the heck did you get shot with a bb gun?
    Mate shot me heh

lol, with friends like that.

What good are my friends who are loyal like no other but who are just toxic for my mental sanity.

Go ahead and tell your friend who just had his long term gf dump him for some USC undergraduate dick that every girl is shallow and horny and will leave you to fuck some other guy if they want to. I'm sure that won't throw him into a depression.

It's more the thought that I spent 3 years of my life in a doomed relationship to begin with. It's the thought that if my gf was already so cold and ready to drop me at the end, she was probably already playing the field and merely just wanted to get the formalities out of the way. It's the thought that I am probably going to be alone for a while. All I care about is my work, learning and sharing my ideas with someone else and vice versa. I despise cynicism but if that is the truth, then I have no option than to be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    It could always be worse. You could have gotten married, like I did. That would really make you feel like an idiot.

The lesson is to treat your twenties like they ought to be treated. Laid back and easy. The shit ain't worth sweatin'.
    I have not gotten angry once this whole year. I always try to take things as they come, but I just think too much for my own good.

My sadness has been put aside for the moment in utter shock at how one of my friends has placed himself in a cult-ish ponzi scheme, and he is completely deluded into following it to the end. I might not be all there myself, but I can at least sleep tonight knowing that I am not a slave to some cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    lol, with friends like that.
    Well I shot him first. We know how to party Chez Fragony's ;)

My latest results https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps72063b48.jpg

I really need to recover now, no fights for two weeks for me, my ribs are bruised pretty bad
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-22-2013 at 08:02.

Good meals may be had in Helsinki for $10-15 per person.

Copenhagen is eye-wateringly expensive.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My butt itches.

Thought I'd share that.

My cat caught a chipmunk and was toying with it and not just killing it quickly. I don't like when the cats 'play' with their food, so usually when I see them doing that I get them angry with me by quickly dispatching their prey instead of letting them drag the poor creature's misery out. Today when I saw my cat playing with the chipmunk I was using an axe, so I walked over, moved her away, and then cut the thing's head off as it was playing dead. The headless body got up and started running around, which I found creepy, so I chopped it straight in half. Then the lower body literally started lifting its severed torso off the ground and walking around with its hind only two legs. Then my cat goes chasing it down and playing with it. Even though it actually died quickly, I walked away feeling as if I didn't accomplish anything. Well, almost. I did learn that Valve must have modeled those dog like creatures in Half-Life after a severed-in-half chipmunk, because that is exactly what it looked like!

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    It's more the thought that I spent 3 years of my life in a doomed relationship to begin with. It's the thought that if my gf was already so cold and ready to drop me at the end, she was probably already playing the field and merely just wanted to get the formalities out of the way. It's the thought that I am probably going to be alone for a while. All I care about is my work, learning and sharing my ideas with someone else and vice versa. I despise cynicism but if that is the truth, then I have no option than to be that guy.
    As Bob Marley said, everybody is going to hurt you, stick with those worth suffering for. My friends will do anything for me and vica versa. Sounds like an insensitive
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-24-2013 at 12:19.

Can't edit, meant your friend, not your ex.

YAY delivery delivered, 8 handmade hand-painted arrows for only 50 euro. They are beautifull. Very light, very sharp tip, and they look awesome.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Please remember that you are in the Kingdom of Peace and Love, so I'd appreciate it if you sticked to the topic, which are random thoughts, not stories about hobbies that involve beating up people.

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Driving along today and I saw this overpriced BMW as you usually do, showing ineptitude in their abilities. It reminded me of a story of my first driving lesson with my Father.

We were driving down the road, obviously noticing this overpriced car infront of us, then they turned off. My father goes "Son, don't buy a car like that", rather confused, I asked "Why not?", with a grin on his face, he says "It doesn't come with working turning signals".
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Please remember that you are in the Kingdom of Peace and Love, so I'd appreciate it if you sticked to the topic, which are random thoughts, not stories about hobbies that involve beating up people.

Just because it's different doesn't mean it isn't love

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

But it most certainly isn't peace...
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Yes it is, we are all good friends. There is no hostility involved it's just a bit more hardcore as you can could see from pics, but if I had called for a quit I would have gotten one, I just don't like quiting so I got hurt somewhat

Anthony Weiner is clearly too big a man for a little job like mayor. He should be president. His friend, our attorney general deserves a promotion, say, vice president.

Vote Weiner - Holder '16!
    "The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better."
    John Dewey

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast