Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A quick positive note about this community and post-release

Default Re: A quick positive note about this community and post-release

Don't know about you guys but do any of the old timers here think the forums is dying or something? Seems like most new comers post one thing and are gone. Most of the rest seem to be just posting stuff from twc. There seems to be barely anybody that actually "joins" and posts.

I know I only posted a few times till now.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Don't know about you guys but do any of the old timers here think the forums is dying or something? Seems like most new comers post one thing and are gone. Most of the rest seem to be just posting stuff from twc. There seems to be barely anybody that actually "joins" and posts.

Yeah, I know what you mean. As I said before, I was here mid-2007, and even till 2010 this place was bustling.

But this place only dies if we let it die. Keep posting topics, make AARs, and we will even be hosting screenshot competitions soon. If we dont want this forum to die we have to put in the work if we want it to keep it afloat.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Myth 

It fluctuates depending on how the core audience of the Org is satisfied with the latest TW games I think. lol
    If CA gets its stuff together and actually puts out a great game that makes us all fall in love with the series again, you will see this place exploding with action.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Forums ebb and flow, rivals pop up that consume some of the membership for a while and all sorts of varying factors, the Org is certainly a lot quieter than I ever remember it in recent times but to be fair I find that when discussions do get going they're more articulate and grown up which is much more enjoyable for me. Partially because popularity equals trolls, the other forums have perfectly good members but I remember when this place was booming and it had legions of complete morons like everywhere else does right now, I think here it's going down to a dedicate and sensible core.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I like to think that when quality posters come our way, they like it and stay as patrons of the .org without leaving the big communites like TWC or the .com. For example - @LooseCannon1 in the TR.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

I've historically used this forum as a resource if I needed help, and never posted or joined because I came to the total war party way late and who needs my opinion on M2 like 6 years after the fact? The only reason (honestly) I've started posting is because I alt-tab out of rome during the end of turn sequence :-)
    You guys have always been my favorite though...

Rome 2 end turn sequence? Mine seems to be fast enough but for many it takes forever. I guess that happens to you right?

Quote Originally Posted by jbillybrack View Post
    I've historically used this forum as a resource if I needed help, and never posted or joined because I came to the total war party way late and who needs my opinion on M2 like 6 years after the fact? The only reason (honestly) I've started posting is because I alt-tab out of rome during the end of turn sequence :-)
    You guys have always been my favorite though...
    Welcome then, jbillybrack Glad you decided to start posting. By the way, you'd be surprised but we do get people posting in the M2TW section on occasion. We had a recent fastest conquering of the map record. Anyway I came to the TW games in 2010-ish. M2TW at the end of 2010, early 2011. And I posted a lot, and many people enjoyed discussing what they remember from their M2TW days.

Plus, M2TW is not dead - it's 99.9% of what we play in the Throne Room where we play hotseat mode (human controlled factoins on the map).

I started with Medieval 2, I'll go post some screenshots in that thread with the Last Kingdom mod. (With my Sweetfx config)

I started with Medieval 2, I'll go post some screenshots in that thread with the Last Kingdom mod. (With my Sweetfx config)
    I wanted to run a hotseat based on that mod. Check it out and let me know if you're intersted.

I sadly don't have time as of now. Hence why I'm posting on a mobile device most of the time.

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

I refuse to play this game until the capture points on the battlefield is removed. If CA don't want to remove them entirely just make them optional!

Why would anyone of sound mind add such a stupid and imo game breaking feature. It just doesn't make any sense.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

As someone who was mainly looking forward to playing as Parthia, with the intent of using HA only armies for at least the first portion of the campaign, I found the field battle capture points mechanic absolutely mind boggling in it's idiocy.

Then I went back to EB.

Member thankful for this post:

This Forum will not die.... With age she will only grow sweeter.

The maturity that this forum handled there opinions after Rome 2 was launched in an almost beta like state was a breath of fresh air.

It has its problems, but it is and will become and even more incredible game! I just miss my family tree... My sons, the almost RPG level of gameplay it added.
    I hope to see it come back soon....

Just because I like this thread I'd like to share something I found that help to avoid lag during battles (until this game is fully optimized) : just lower the unit details, and you'll easily gain 10/20 fps. This wont affect the level of detail at all, just the diversity of the soldiers faces (not something I watch that much during battles). So, you'll have clones, but you can in return have all the other options on Ultra (for unit details and aesthetic the most important one is "texture level'').
    Also, in Shogun2, doing that was making corpses vanish but not with Rome 2. I just put it to medium or even low and can now play easily with 40 units armies without lag, and in a beautifull landscape.
    Last edited by Alcibiade; 09-18-2013 at 15:21.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123