Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Civil War Trigger

Default Re: Civil War Trigger

I think at the very least, AIs should attempt to unite the province they start in. It's kind of silly to see... The Helvetii or whatever they are called (Octuduron, north west of Medhlan/Milan, northern Italy) always build up to having a massive amount of people defending their little hovel of a town (3 20 stacks in my last campaign) and do absolutely nothing with it... Nothing until you attack them anyways.

It should be like in other Total War games, a city turns rogue and you have to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiDamascus View Post
    It should be like in other Total War games, a city turns rogue and you have to get it back.
    Yeah that is what it is like but the AI never cares =P

"People of.... wherever! I liberate you from the oppression of... Ooooo candy"

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I was really disappointed with the civil war. Those legions outnumbering me almost 2 to 1 took the entire province of Roma in 2 turns and then... just sat there. I kid you not. While my veterans hauled back from the far end of Egypt and I recruited almost a fuill legion in Magna Graecia, the Senate loyalists just camped in Roma.

When I did arrive and gathered all 4 legions for a slow and methodical push, the enemy had literally starved to death. The loyalist legions were down to about 15% unit strength... It was a very anti-climatic massacre.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Yeah, there's been a lot of discussion at the main forum about how disappointing this is, so I expect CA to work to improve it. It really does need some help.

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

i went with Rome (i will go for great Parthia late!! anyway!) now my influenced raised to 58.
    with marriage reduced to 53 and i even killed all my characters and brough low ambition & gravitas characters but influence did not reduced
    after one turn 60-70 full units were raised in Epidamnos (dont know why there!!) !! i have absolutely nothing to stop them,,,,,,,despite i like civil war but...NOT NOW when i have enemies and many unconquered lands!!!
    what should i do or even a trick or cheat to reduce or stop civil war FOR NOW ?!!
    plz helpppppppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

You mean 50-70 units distributed among armies (so 3-4 fullstacks) or 50-70 stacks which would be really strange? Anyway my advice is to gather your forces and don't panick. They will starve out. The bigger the enemy, the faster he will starve out.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    You mean 50-70 units distributed among armies (so 3-4 fullstacks) or 50-70 stacks which would be really strange? Anyway my advice is to gather your forces and don't panick. They will starve out. The bigger the enemy, the faster he will starve out.
    some full stacks some half. but they are very alot and the worst is they are near my capital Epidamnos>>>>>>Rome, Near!
    and the worst matter is that after i updated to patch4 im starving too!! food surplus is -21!!
    what should i do for stopping civil war?! my armies are too much far from my enemies while they are near my Capital!

Reconfigure your settlements for more food production. Fight with as many armies that reinforce each other as possisble. Isolate enemy armies using agent actions.

Reconfigure your settlements for more food production. Fight with as many armies that reinforce each other as possisble. Isolate enemy armies using agent actions.
    دNO! i just want some way to stop civil war before triggering it! i have only one turne to civil war im completely unable to stand against senate loyalists!!

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

You cant stop the civil war from happening, its bound to happen sooner or later. You cant stop it.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

i mean DELAY it! now im in the worst situation how can i stand against 0 stacks of full army with only 4 full army?!?!
    i should assassinate who or do what ?!
    can i upload my save that u find a solution or something for me?!

You're not using patch 5 so we will probably mess up your save. You have to not use a general for battles if he has anything more than 1 in ambition. High gravitas characters you have to get rid of - I'd say yours and the enemy, depending on balance. You have to stop conquering new lands as that seems to be part of the trigger as well. But that's only temporary if you've gotten to that point it's probably beyond reversing.

You're not using patch 5 so we will probably mess up your save. You have to not use a general for battles if he has anything more than 1 in ambition. High gravitas characters you have to get rid of - I'd say yours and the enemy, depending on balance. You have to stop conquering new lands as that seems to be part of the trigger as well. But that's only temporary if you've gotten to that point it's probably beyond reversing.
    i did not got u friend!! because i killed all my generals and characters and now the new ones have very less ambition & gravitas!!
    but still influence is 53%!! no what should i do in this 1 TURN!! dont u think assasination solves?! but who?!

plz help me i have not played for 2 days dont know what to do im depressed :D!!

You cant prevent it in just one turn. Stop trying to change that.

I would try to fight it out. Every town the rebels besiege fight them with your garrisons, whittle them down until you can bring in your other armies to finally defeat them. And if you lose? So what? Its a video game! If you lose, start again fresh, with the knowledge that you have gained from the last campaign.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    You cant prevent it in just one turn. Stop trying to change that.

I would try to fight it out. Every town the rebels besiege fight them with your garrisons, whittle them down until you can bring in your other armies to finally defeat them. And if you lose? So what? Its a video game! If you lose, start again fresh, with the knowledge that you have gained from the last campaign.
    so what is THE MOST matter of triggering civil war?! Ambition? Gravitas?! or Influence?! or just its Random?!

although i like a civil war but i have only 4 stacks of full army but senate loyalists with 70 stacks of full army!!!!!! this defense its like defense of 4 million Germans against 17 million Soviet USSR in WWII even more!! victory here is not possible,,,,,and i have done too much for this campaign i dont JUST play i play total war with thinking and attention!! from the day came im in 65 turn!! i mean i dont just click on END TURN simply!!

(plus, if there is no way, i'll be shaken with continuing ROME's campaign and will start PARTHIAN CAMPAIGN!!)
    Last edited by Empire*Of*Media; 10-23-2013 at 00:25.

Nobody is really sure what causes the civil war. Sometimes its too much ambition or gravitas, influence, nobody is really sure.

So you have 70 stacks, right? Are you using the Radious mods? A side effect of that mod is that it spawn an insane amount of rebel stacks. So try disabling the mod, playing until you get the civil war, then re-enable the mod and continue on.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Nobody is really sure what causes the civil war. Sometimes its too much ambition or gravitas, influence, nobody is really sure.

So you have 70 stacks, right? Are you using the Radious mods? A side effect of that mod is that it spawn an insane amount of rebel stacks. So try disabling the mod, playing until you get the civil war, then re-enable the mod and continue on.
    well radious is not compatible with update4 but i have some that are compatible.
    but yes thanks i will try out!

The new update of Radious doesnt work as its updated for patch 5. By the way, why arent you updated to patch 5?
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ger-DISCOVERED

That gut in ther was right! i did anything to stop Civil War but nothing changed!

i tried to assassinate an inferiority complex REGULUS that was defeated and wounded many times in wars triggered the civil war!
    i did and civil war never happened ! even when my influence was 53%!!
    so u must know who is triggering civil war actually!!

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

From my own experience (anecdotal): for monarchies, CW is almost guaranteed to start if your influence is below 60 (in the 50s) and you reach the imperium level that allows 12 armies (the one before the last). With influence higher than 70, I could cruise through to the highest level of imperium (15 armies in vanilla), then, the CW will take place regardless of influence or anything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12