Thread: Combat Mission: Market Garden Module

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Combat Mission: Market Garden Module

Not sure how many of you are gronards but figured there's a strong possibility that even if you're not you'd be interested in hearing the latest module of Combat Mission has released (turn based sim, in fact it's even better than turn based, it's WEGO).

The reason I mention this is not only because this is a turn based war game, but also because it's nice to get the new CMx2 game engine back into Europe proper for the war like the original Combat Mission. The first module was Normandy, which meant spending a lot of time being annoyed by bocage.

This time the allies are chasing a bridge too far.

Check out the latest if you have any interest in this sort of thing: http://www.battlefront.com/

Member thankful for this post:

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Combat Mission: Market Garden Module

I really enjoyed Combat Mission Shock Force, even if the graphics and controls were pretty clunky.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

I'm interested, but the price tag for the whole thing (CM: Normandy, 2.0 Upgrade, CM: MG module) is an eye-watering $75. Maybe Christmas...

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    I really enjoyed Combat Mission Shock Force, even if the graphics and controls were pretty clunky.
    Yeah, they are a small shop and sort of stuck in their ways. The GUI is clunky, the graphics from a decade ago. But the fact that it's so accurate that it's really a sim is why I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Pretty Good View Post
    I'm interested, but the price tag for the whole thing (CM: Normandy, 2.0 Upgrade, CM: MG module) is an eye-watering $75. Maybe Christmas...
    I know, these niche guys really stick it to you. There's no one else making anything like this game. Thing is, I get sufficient value out of them that I don't mind. If you just played all the scenarios against the AI at the harder levels till you achieved total victory you'd have gotten your money back in game play.

When you play a PBEM game against a human, that's the magic that will hook you for life. Playing a platoon level WW2 simulation in 3D where each minute of battle is played back on your next turn to see the results of your supposed genius command is tense like nothing else I've ever played.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I got the Shock Force for about $5, but its the addon modules which get you. $20 a pop as I remember.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore