Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Pratia II

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Default Re: Pratia II

I am pleased this game has become more than a simple mafia game, everyone enjoys a twist, especially in hindsight.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

I am completely at a loss. Ishmael might be trying to confuse the out of us. I think though, someone is trying to frame me. I also don't get why the mafia would bother to try to kill edse. He claimed doctor and was main suspect. That would mean the kill was unlikely to succeed AND it would rob us of our main suspect. Because I've got nothing else to go with I am going to Vote: Ishmael against what my scan told me.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Another question - Ferret, what made you decide to protect/revive edse, given that he seemed to be one of the most unlikely kill targets? Did you just figure the killer would not want to go with somebody obvious?
    I have two abilities, I can protect someone (has been myself every night so far) and revive someone if they are attacked (which I used on edse). I would have been able to keep ATPG alive earlier in the game too but I missed the order deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    riedquat is both the day 1 lynch stopper and the scum (seems unlikely)
    I see no reason why this couldn't be the case. Riedquat has been arousing my suspicions all game, I actually wrote a few paragraphs about it in my last post, but then deleted it when I remembered that I always feel that way about Riedquat.
    This claim about the protectors does concern me though. If edse really does have that ability then either Riedquat is lying about what his role PM said (saying that he knew there was one other would be a pretty safe thing for a scum to do, especially if he didn't have the ability himself. It's not a stretch to get people to believe there would be a doctor in a game this size, even if they didn't reveal themselves. So a potential scum bluff) or he misinterpreted the wording somehow and all three of us really do have protection abilities.

Really, we need to hear from edse and what his actions were last night. Most importantly why he wasn't protecting himself if he has the ability that he claimed.

For now though: vote: Riedquat

One final topic to mull over is whether there actually is mafia or not. It is hinted at both in the OP and throughout my role PM and I feel as though Zain wouldn't have done that without good reason. Though if that is the case then I don't know where the attacks are coming from or how we actually win...

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    I am pleased this game has become more than a simple mafia game, everyone enjoys a twist, especially in hindsight.
    If I turn out to have a double identity that's killing people, I will not be happy .

As for scum, I'm thinking either Darth Feather or Riedquat, with autolycus coming in third. The disclaimer here is that this is mostly by process of elimination and hunches. If it weren't for the previous night phase I would be almost certain that edse was guilty, but as it stands it seems highly unlikely that he or Ferret are scum (unless they are both a mafia team, in which case all bets are off. Actually, that's a worrying possibility). With regards to my above suspects, I'll let the write-ups tip the balance for now.

vote: Riedquat

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Vote Tally:
    Riedquat: 2 (Ferret, Ishmael)
    Ishmael: 2 (Darth Feather, edse from post #156)
    Darth Feather: 1 (autolycus)

Non-voting: 1 (Riedquat)

12.5 hours
    Last edited by Zain; 11-03-2013 at 15:54.

Thank you Ferret

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    Really, we need to hear from edse and what his actions were last night. Most importantly why he wasn't protecting himself if he has the ability that he claimed.
    I was protecting autolycus as the previous night. I guess the killer saw it as an opportunity to get rid of one protector.

Darth Feather was the obvious target so why wasn't he targeted? I think the killer finds Darth useful. That would be either Ishmael or autolycus, autolycus is cleared by my role pm so it leaves only Ishmael.Vote: Ismael

We are completely confused... I won't vote, but a vote switch here will get myself cleared if lynched and our next suspect.
    returning to the shadows.....

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    We are completely confused...
    Second that

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Day extended 24 hours, ends tomorrow night at 9:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    Darth Feather was the obvious target so why wasn't he targeted? I think the killer finds Darth useful. That would be either Ishmael or autolycus, autolycus is cleared by my role pm so it leaves only Ishmael.Vote: Ismael

Please, enlighten me, how is possible the killer could find DF useful? And how my reveal of only two doctors don't affect you in the minimum, those finding this revelation odd have expressed their suspicion against me, but you chose to go after Ishmael, instead of me or DF.

Two doctors people, not three! And that is the only thing I know for sure! Ferret got attacked with the figure of the assassin in the write up, edse claimed doctor, got attacked while protecting somebody else, no assassin in the write up. I'm claiming doctor and the existence of only one other doctor, not attacked.

So to those in doubt, one of the self claimed doctors is lying, my bet keeps being edse. Pick one of the three doctors, do you want to clear me first, go ahead lynch me and then you will be sure I was telling the truth and work with that in mind!

I won't vote myself but any vote on me is a good call, the same with any other vote on edse!

Vote: edse

Vote Tally:
    Riedquat: 3 (Ferret, Ishmael, Darth Feather post #162)
    Ishmael: 1 (edse)
    Darth Feather: 1 (autolycus)
    edse: 1 (Riedquat)

Time Remaining:
    Last edited by Zain; 11-04-2013 at 15:45.

Ok, I'll call your claim: Vote: Riedquat Let's burn him. If he burns he is completely innocent. If however he is a servant of the devil, he will survive and be beheaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    Ok, I'll call your claim: Vote: Riedquat Let's burn him. If he burns he is completely innocent. If however he is a servant of the devil, he will survive and be beheaded.
    Eww... make me a favour and shoot me first!

Please, enlighten me, how is possible the killer could find DF useful? And how my reveal of only two doctors don't affect you in the minimum, those finding this revelation odd have expressed their suspicion against me, but you chose to go after Ishmael, instead of me or DF.

Two doctors people, not three! And that is the only thing I know for sure! Ferret got attacked with the figure of the assassin in the write up, edse claimed doctor, got attacked while protecting somebody else, no assassin in the write up. I'm claiming doctor and the existence of only one other doctor, not attacked.

So to those in doubt, one of the self claimed doctors is lying, my bet keeps being edse. Pick one of the three doctors, do you want to clear me first, go ahead lynch me and then you will be sure I was telling the truth and work with that in mind!

I won't vote myself but any vote on me is a good call, the same with any other vote on edse!

Vote: edse
    Does your pm state:

1. You know of one other doctor
    2. You know of only one other doctor
    3. There is one other doctor
    Or
    4. There is only one other doctor?

You have simply misinterpreted your role pm.

Only me knows of the existence of other with same ability as mine.

How can I misinterpret that? I'm paraphrasing of course, but there is no much error margin. Next time I'll request my role pm in spanish!

How can I misinterpret that? I'm paraphrasing of course, but there is no much error margin. Next time I'll request my role pm in spanish!
    You are awesome!

Thanks! Just for curiosity how exactly do you protect your targets Edse?

1. You (and only you) know there exists one other doctor.

This doesn't mean there can't be doctors you don't know of.

"There is one chair in my room, how many chairs are there in my room?"

At least one

I'm a veteran. I was a friend of Areos and fought many battles together with him so I have some skills.

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    1. You (and only you) know there exists one other doctor.

This doesn't mean there can't be doctors you don't know of.

"There is one chair in my room, how many chairs are there in my room?"

At least one

I'm a veteran. I was a friend of Areos and fought many battles together with him so I have some skills.
    That may be the solution. Edse is not a doctor but a protector/bodyguard. Effects are the same but different name. So it is not a question of wether riedquat or edse is lying. They may well be telling the truth both. So that's why unvote; vote; Ishmael to go with my first hunch.

Do you think I will be pursuing my own clearance by lynching if there is a reasonable doubt about this? There is no doubt, also 3 doctors in a game this size?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    That may be the solution. Edse is not a doctor but a protector/bodyguard. Effects are the same but different name. So it is not a question of wether riedquat or edse is lying. They may well be telling the truth both. So that's why unvote; vote; Ishmael to go with my first hunch.
    I'm not a doctor in medicine myself DF, I can protect a single target every night using my influence! Doh! In game terms a doctor... We're tied again? Gah!!!!

We're tied again? Gah!!!!
    ok, if you insist. Unvote; vote: Riedquat

Member thankful for this post:

Confusing...

Keep it coming!

I find myself enthusiastically agreeing with everything Riedquat says, but wanting to lynch him anyway since he's the only doctor that's not mostly cleared by the write-ups. The attack on edse is still niggling at me as being a little too convenient, but for now I'm Occam's Razoring it and assuming the named victim and protector are what they seem.

Day Phase 5 Write-up

Ryan Cavanaugh (Riedquat) sat by an old chalk board with scribbles all over it as he ate an apple, pondering over the markings. Somebody, at some point, found it necessary to write this down. They had the time to sit back and enjoy leisure writing and contemplating instead of fighting for their lives. "Heh, must be nice..." He said to himself.

A crowd of men burst into his presence, grabbing him by the arms and dragging him out of his thoughts. The apple fled from his fingers as he was forced away, a soft thud not heard over the scrambling of men attempting to apprehend their chosen suspect.

"What have I done? What crime??" Ryan yelled as he was basically carried to the presence of the masses. Cameron awaited their arrival as Ryan was deposited at his feet.

"Uncle! There's got to be some misunderstanding! I'm a Mobilian, been here all my life, with all of you!" He looked around the crowd, tears in his eyes. "What have I done to cause you to doubt me?"

He met stoic faces of the men and women who had chosen him to lose his life. He saw the eyes of his accusers, attempted to communicate but was not heard. They had made their decision.

"You're not going to find peace in this decision... another one of us will be attacked tonight! Please, let me help you find him!" Ryan begged, pleaded, but his people had turned on him.

Johan pulled out his pistol and put it between Ryan's eyes, "I'm sorry my friend..." He pulled the trigger, sending Ryan's body flailing backwards and crashing onto the hard floor.

No one gasped, no one wept, but only one man smiled, and he has yet to be identified...

Explanation:

Lynch - Ryan Cavanaugh (Riedquat)

Night Phase 5 has started and will end tomorrow, Tuesday, at 9:00PM (GMT -6)

Those of you with nighttime abilities, please PM me ASAP.
    Time Remaining:
    Last edited by Zain; 11-05-2013 at 13:58.

Night Phase 5 Write-up

The slumber of the crowd was harmonic, some snoring people, others just breathing rhythmically. The room was dark, and the watch lazy.

Johan Battle (Darth Feather) slept peacefully, his dreams were of home before he knew of any war. His mother hanging laundry on the line, his brothers and sisters running and playing, picking on him for being the youngest. His father returning from his work in the mines and getting bombarded by tiny hands as they attempted to take him down.

He smiled in his sleep.

Laying on his side, the big man never saw or was aware of his impending doom. A knife quickly entered the thin space between his skull and his spine, severing his spinal chord. His breath ceased to exist within seconds, and his assailant whispered in his lifeless ears, "My name is Hayden Matthews, Captain Johan, but you know me as a different name... see you in Hell."

That next morning what was left of Mobile's elite found the military captain dead on his cot, the pleasant smile of home still on his face.

Explanation:

Kill - Cpt. Johan Battle (Darth Feather)

Day Phase 6 begins now and will end Wednesday, at 9:00PM (GMT -6)
    Time Remaining:

Living Players (5/9)
    Ishmael
    edse
    autolycus
    Ferret

Dead Players (5/9)
    Ibn-Khaldun - D2 (Seth Lanson)
    Askthepizzaguy - N2 (Manuel Foster)
    Double A - D3 (Lincoln Harvey)
    Riedquat - D5 (Ryan Cavanaugh)
    Darth Feather - N5 (Johan Battle)

Existing Roles: (Randomized - Still Living)
    Ripley Tasker
    Aaron Anduin
    Michael Engels
    Logan Adair

edit:

Dead players, feel free to post in thread! The living players need all the help they can get...

edit:

And here is the list of ALL players in order of their activity (number of posts)

Riedquat: 33
    Darth Feather: 18
    edse: 16
    Askthepizzaguy: 15
    Ishmael: 14
    autolycus: 12
    Ferret: 9
    Ibn-Khaldun: 9
    Double A: 7
    Last edited by Zain; 11-05-2013 at 14:36.

What are you going to do town? Its about time to get things right, I wasn't lying and now confirmed townie. Who is your next suspect, DF? He has been killed! Now what?

Edit: I made 33 posts? :( This is so wrong, I passed from be a hidden lurker to a kind of troll... or kind troll?

This is curious, Ferret has the same posts than IK? Why are you flying so low Ripley?
    Last edited by Riedquat; 11-05-2013 at 15:01.

I'm always quiet. Plus I was away for all of last week.

Not sure why I wasn't given the option to revive Darth Feather, but I guess it's too late now.

So given both myself and edse have survived attacks then it has to be either Ishmael or autolycus.

Given myself and edse also both have protection abilities then surely the town has won? If we get it wrong today then we can both just protect ourselves tonight and then lynch the other survivor tomorrow. Unless they're both scum...

So, Ishmael, autolycus, why shouldn't I vote for you?

The town has won unless there are some final surprises.

Vote: Ishmael

As I said yesterday, assuming the scum didn't attack himself, vote:Ishmael is the clear choice.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Okay then, vote: Ishmael, just to be sure there isn't a tie.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast