Thread: CA breaking away from SEGA! First independent game: "30 Years: Total War"

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Exclamation CA breaking away from SEGA! First independent game: "30 Years: Total War"

Industry insiders were apparently shocked by the move, but it is likely that TW fans will enjoy a bit more of the "old school" CA! No more faffing about with Steam and waiting for endless updates.

And, as an added bonus, announcing a game set in the pike and musket era should enable them to keep the fun parts of Empire without dwelling on any of the silly bits. Apparently, they're going to do an start date of 1509 (Henry the VIII of England's coronation) up to 1683 (The siege of Vienna). Think of it folks: Gustavus Adolphus, Tilly, Wallenstein, and Cromwell. Tally HO!

Personally, I am hoping that the first "expansion" will be a bridging program that takes you from your results in 1683 to re-vamped Empire start in 1700 using your results (I actually love Empire, at least with the Darth mods going, so this would be my hope).

EDIT: Not to "confuse" anybody, but it should be noted that @Jack Lusted will categorically deny having been the source for this news break.
    Last edited by Seamus Fermanagh; 04-01-2014 at 21:27.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Members thankful for this post (2):

Default Re: CA breaking away from SEGA! First independent game: "30 Years: Total War"

April fools?
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Default Re: CA breaking away from SEGA! First independent game: "30 Years: Total War"

Yup.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Indeed. As the linkee reveals
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken