Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [HS] The War of Youngbloods II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [HS] The War of Youngbloods II

The War of Youngbloods II

Due to the high demand to a YB hotseat I'm starting this new one directed to unexperienced players with the submod New Beginning 2.0 by Matto16. Here are links for the submod we'll be using : Link 1 or Link 2. To run it you just need to extract the file into your /mods folder.

Just like in all Matto's hotseats RP is very much desirable, you don't need to write a book here, but a sentence or a picture is always better than a blank page.

Keep in mind that you should be responsible to play your turns in the right time or ask for extensions or subs if that won't be possible, and always respect the other players.

- Timeline :

This game starts at the beginning of the War of the Five Kings with characters beeing on the same locations like in youngbloods and Enhanced 0.53 mods. Stark is fighting for revenge against Lannister and Joffrey, Stannis and Renly are their own Kings who would like to sit on the Iron Throne and rule Westeros as late King Robert's brothers and we also have Ironborn and their King Balon who wants to have his own independent Kingdom. Who will prevail at the end? That is up to you to decide.

- Winning Condition :

Become the King of Westeros by conquering all of it or having other Lords/Kings pledging fealty to you. Every Lord/king must pledge fealty to you in order to win this Hotseat. Only one House can win!

- Faction/Players :

Admin : DrakeRox

House Lannister of Casterly Rock : Abstillion
    House Tully of Riverrun : turkay98
    House Greyjoy of Pyke : Greyscaling
    King Renly Baratheon : ThePhenix
    King Joffrey Baratheon : The Governor
    House Tyrell of Highgarden : Gaius Octavius Caesar
    House Stark of Winterfell : Lord Commander
    House Martell of Dorne : Drake123
    King Stannis Baratheon : Pandachef
    House Arryn of The Eyrie : Alertoverlord

- Rules :

They are taken and adapted from Westeros : A New Beginning hotseat by Matto16, who took it from Sons of Rivers and Hills, hotseat by
    Hopelessly Hopeless. Please read them carefully as there are many adapted/added rules, and always remember that the admin has the final word on any matter.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• PM or VM the next player as you post your turn on the thread so the game moves as swiftly as possible.
    • If you know you will miss your turn; nominate a sub and provide them with your password. If you miss your turn and haven't nominated a sub, you'll be skipped.
    • Heroic victories are not allowed unless the same outcome is reached three consecutive times (save and load), the Admin always checks this to be sure.
    • No bug abuse! When you think someone has used a bug report it here and the admin (me) will look into it. A list of common bugs and exploits can be found somewhere in this forum, but I feel rather lazy atm so look for it yourselves
    • No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockading ships.
    • No sallying forth in a siege to deny your besieger the opportunity to sack your settlement.
    • Minimum of 4 units per fort, 4 forts/province
    • Post pictures of battle odds, and results, showing the position of the envolved armies and it's banners.
    • If any army of yours gets defeated, it shan't move next turn. If a defeated army of yours retreats to a settlement, you are not allowed to sally or in any way use the defeated units. Exception: Reinforcing armies in defense, when based on forts or settlements, even if defeated, don't lose movement points.
    • You can kill agents by surrounding them with troops, so use your diplomats/princesses wisely.
    • No surrounding of an army solely to deny a retreat, resulting on killing the army.
    • Prisoners cannot be ransomed after battle. Release or execute.
    • Not allowed to spam watchtowers to prevent forting.
    • Not allowed to to lure the attacker into the fort by disband/suicide sally to set up a trap.
    • Not allowed to besiege a fort solely to deny the besieged army from participating in battles (with enemy forces next to the fort).
    • Not allowed to sally from forts (except for sieges lasting longer then 1 turn) unless victory or draw is achieved.
    • No repeated attacks on 'yoyo/fort buged armies'. You can see when this bug accures, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.
    • No assassinations or sabotage. No recruiting of assassins allowed.
    • Not allowed to recruit spies.
    • Settlements gifted should disband all units save one.
    • No building destruction. Burning down everything is a 'cheap' source of gold, and feels rather weird. Not that I never do it or anything, but I'd make it a rule in my hotseat.
    • No adoptions; use your characters with caution. No marrying your noble ladies to randomly generated characters either; nor adopting generals after you win a battle with no leader; Named characters you start the game with, CAN be adopted (for example, Jonos Mallister, who is not a family member at game start, but is still a character; same for Raymund Vance and others).
    • No using of princesses/noble ladies to steal generals! Would you marry off your daughters to a sworn enemy? No? Me neither, you see

Many thanks to Matto16 for his great submod and the well structured first page.

I'll be posting map updates every 5 turns !

- Map at turn 1 :

- Map at turn 7 :

Last edited by DrakeRox; 06-18-2014 at 21:09.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Default Re: [HS] The War of Youngbloods II

I made account with same name :)

I have same name.

Lord Kevan Lannister,

After i take Stoney Sept i promise that i won't kill you because i consider you an honest and honorable man in Westeros 'il spare you and your family as well but promise me that you won't take up arms against me.
    Last edited by BlackEagle; 06-09-2014 at 14:20.

To all Lords and King's of Westeros,

A raven came to me this morning with the news that Lord Mace Tyrell is now supporting Stannis Baratheon as i said i don't want to claim the Iron Throne with my Nephews i just want to revange our beloved friend's " Ned Stark and Jon Arryn".
    I inform Stannis to retreat his troops from The Vale or war will unleash against our old friend's House Baratheon and House Tyrell

This account should be about the same as the last one, Grey's online in tha' new website
    Last edited by Greyscaling; 05-30-2014 at 22:29.

Same name

Its the same me as in the other HS. ;)
    To all the family Tully, i accept your proposal, and it seems that you are more honorable men than others. At least you don't switch loyalty like the sand in the wind. I hope that we can build this agreement on common respect.
    Kevan Lannister.

Ok, i hope you guys can wait till after midday tomorrow, because I have an exam, and it should be over at that time :)

Cleared save sent. Anyone knows what happened to the Joffrey player?

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRox View Post
    Cleared save sent. Anyone knows what happened to the Joffrey player?
    Yes he is gone for the week, he posted it in the absence thread.

Joffreys turn have been taken care off, Tyrell up! http://www.mediafire.com/download/0l...I_Tyrell_6.sav

I will take Martell if it's need'ed

is arryn still open?

i can take renly

i can start playing again

Wow, 4 replacements, a lot of guys didnt transfer, or? :/

1 didn't transfer and 3 have left.

I believe it is, but not sure :)

Victorian Greyjoy was sitting in his tent as he rolled out the scroll, quickly reading the words of Quenten Banefort having laid siege to Pyke. He took long steps outside in the clear sun, his iron-born soldiers either shouting praises or saluting as he walked by.
    Victorian approached the ram that had been built from the wood of the Lionswood, as the men had begun calling the forest in which Victorian had destroyed Jaime Lannister.
    Seeing the complete ladders and siegeworks, he began fueling his hatred as he ordered a full scale assault.
    Every man, woman and child in Lannisport was slaughtered and the city was burned to the ground, to pay for the actions of Banefort and his Lannister liege lord.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Pyke, Balon Greyjoy looked out on the thousands of Lannister soldiers at his doorstep. The very thought made him angry, as he earlier that day had consulted his brother, Aeron Damphair. Aeron had told him to rally out of the castle when the sun was coming to an end and throw the heathens into the ocean.
    Balon had always heeded his brother, he had been saved by the Drowned God himself, so Balon prepared the sparse garrison for a counter-assault. As the preparations were made, he stood outside the gates of Pyke, dressed in black with a golden Kraken across his chest. A few hundred men behind him, he ordered for the gates to be opened. And as they were, and as Pyke itself roared together with the cold waves crashing against the windblown rocks on the small island Balon began fighting for his life.
    It became a hard battle, both sides losing soldiers until a thundercrash was sounded through the battlefield and it seemed as if the Drowned God himself had begun pouring water down on the fighting men. The Lannister soldiers were frightened, but it only envigorated the soldiers of Pyke and its King.
    The ships from which the Banefort and his men had arrived felt as cocky as to blockade the port of Harlaw, believing there would be no need to rest the sails at Pyke itself. So while the Banefort men were getting slaughtered in Pyke, their ships tried to hold onto whatever railing they could as the storm raged on. The screams of Quenten Banefort himself were deafened by the roaring thunderstrikes and as the storm eased, not a single Lannister soldier remained on Pyke, merely a thousand crows.

Battle of Lannisport
    http://imgur.com/idEQpyJ

Battle of Pyke
    http://imgur.com/aM4Oayw

Renly up!
    https://www.mediafire.com/?c8zl2gaavhbm885
    Last edited by Greyscaling; 06-14-2014 at 22:27.

An eye for an eye, Lord Kevan.
    Casterly Rock is under siege.
    ...and now the rains, weep o'er his halls, without a soul to hear

In the future Grey, you must show pictures from before and after the battle. :P
    That means showing the odds and banners of involved armies, not just the outcome etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    In the future Grey, you must show pictures from before and after the battle. :P
    That means showing the odds and banners of involved armies, not just the outcome etc.
    Got it, i'll remember in the future :)

Looks like the kraken is eating the lion, that will be a nice story to tell my childrens, congratulations King Balon and Captain Victarion Greyjoy for your mighty victories.

I am gonna need to ask for a cupple of hours extension, as my computers cd-rom, is not working, it can work, but i need to make allot of adjustments. But i am almost sure it will be done today :)

The rivers ran red this night. Stafford Lannister has fallen, and Casterly Rock with it.
    The last Lannister boat which was trying to blockade Pyke was sunk as the Iron Fleet arrived to teach the scum to not mess with house Greyjoy or their seat.
    Renly up!
    https://www.mediafire.com/?rwuuqlc0wt66pmq

Battle for Casterly Rock.
    http://imgur.com/0nuEC71,PzseNGd,Thcohwp,F2IMr5k#0
    http://imgur.com/0nuEC71,PzseNGd,Thcohwp,F2IMr5k#1

Sea battle for Pyke
    http://imgur.com/0nuEC71,PzseNGd,Thcohwp,F2IMr5k#2
    http://imgur.com/0nuEC71,PzseNGd,Thcohwp,F2IMr5k#3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast