Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: New SS 6.4 HS: preparations thread (2 turns per week)

Default Re: New SS 6.4 HS: preparations thread (2 turns per week)

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    Kiev, and dont care which turn we start
    Excellent we just need confirmation from EBS about which faction he wants and then we can start.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnet View Post
    Excellent we just need confirmation from EBS about which faction he wants and then we can start.
    if you will catch online this week then you are lucky .

Quote Originally Posted by yuonyuon View Post
    if you will catch online this week then you are lucky .
    Is he away?

I'm checking the save.

The save works fine(I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Core-i7-inside View Post
    The save works fine(I think).
    So I assume you're fine with Venice? (Genoa was not turned human but it appears to be much weaker)

I need to check the save.. but I can do this after work.. or if its late Sonnet choose for me.. to dont wait more..
    Last edited by ebs; 07-03-2014 at 09:52.

Quote Originally Posted by ebs View Post
    I need to check the save.. but I can do this after work.. or if its late Sonnet choose for me.. to dont wait more..
    Sicily own their starting settlements: Napoli, Bari and Palermo IIRC and the Moors are kinda huge ( all N Africa + Cordoba, Granada and Murcia in Iberia)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Octavius Caesar View Post
    Sicily own their starting settlements: Napoli, Bari and Palermo IIRC and the Moors are kinda huge ( all N Africa + Cordoba, Granada and Murcia in Iberia)
    What do you mean they are kind a huge , Sicily and Moors are the same as it is on turn 1 just a little bit evolved i will say.

The map is awesome . everything is perfect .

if he chose Moors he will jump strait in war with Castilia that s for sure

EDIT : WAR IS NOT A BAD THING in HS . also if he chose Sicily that didn t mean he will be better .other enemies are waiting there
    Last edited by yuonyuon; 07-03-2014 at 10:27.

@ebs
    Like @Gaius Octavius Caesar said, Sicily has its start starting regions as in Vanilla, 2 full stacks and 2k as treasury.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Moors have also the same starting regions as in Vanilla (with the addition of Cagliari), 2k in the treasury as Sicily, but many more armies.

Choosing Moors you'd have a relatively easy start (with this setup maybe the safest starting position). Sicily will be a quite though start (not impossible but very though, and you'll need some good diplomacy and you'd might expand slower, because the HS will be in auto-resolve only). If you want to be safe and sure your campaign will last choose the Moors. Sicily is a high risk campaign (if you get targeted by someone, otherwise with some good diplomacy -NAP with Venice mainly- you could have an entertaining campaign expanding against the Moors-).
    Last edited by sonnet; 07-03-2014 at 10:32.

What do you mean they are kind a huge , Sicily and Moors are the same as it is on turn 1 just a little bit evolved i will say.

The map is awesome . everything is perfect .

if he chose Moors he will jump strait in war with Castilia that s for sure

EDIT : WAR IS NOT A BAD THING in HS . also if he chose Sicily that didn t mean he will be better .other enemies are waiting there
    You re right. I forgot that Moors start like that, i was probably thinking at Early Era Moors..

So I assume you're fine with Venice? (Genoa was not turned human but it appears to be much weaker)
    Sure, Venice is my favorite one. :)

I am waiting.
    Last edited by Core-i7-inside; 07-03-2014 at 11:26.

So Moors I think..
    Will be start in turn 44 or we wait till 60+ ?
    Last edited by ebs; 07-03-2014 at 12:45.

Butcher of Blaviken Member Jiub's Avatar

So Moors I think..
    Will be start in turn 44 or we wait till 60+ ?
    We start exactly on what you see in the save, meaning on turn 44 ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiub View Post
    We start exactly on what you see in the save, meaning on turn 44 ;)
    @ebs : yes like Jiub said we'll start on turn 44.
    Guys the passwords will be set by @Myth and sent it to you, and the official subbers you named.

As anticipated, some factions will get some reinforcements.
    1-TO: will get 3 full stacks (57 units) and will get +60 (it starts with -8k, plus its first turn was skipped -my fault- and thus the treasury will go further down )so the faction will start approximately with 45k. All its neighbors have similar level of treasury and TO it's the weakest human faction. The 3 stacks will be composed as follow: 1 siege weapon, 5 sword brethren , 5 halberd militia, 5 knetchen, 3 livonian crossbowmen.
    Those units might be distributed between the armies in the open and the settlements.
    Reason for this is (as I explained to Vipman in a pm):

-all your human neighbors have a better unit roaster.
    -All your human neighbors (your closest neighbors might be HRE, Hungary,Norway and Kiev) starts with more settlements (and unit recruitable in the pool) and the money necessary to recruit them. So they can raise the stack very quickly. You start with 2 settlements only. Even after
    conquering the first settlements you'll need some turns before being able to recruit more units. Even 10 turns to recruit some special elite unit.
    -Your neighbors have all higher recruitment rate for their units. Particularly the ones recruitable in fortresses.
    -TO gets 3 armies, but to get the same number of settlement as its neighbors it might likely loose 1 of the 3 stacks, so considering this TO is not really getting 3 full stacks. This HS is AR only.

Also since it's being "skipped" on turn 44 (again my fault: TO was meant to be the first, as in fact it is in the turn order, but I probably confused Myth as in the Time schedule Venice appears to be the first), TO armies in the outside will be moved on TO borders (so the armies will still be within TO regions).

2-Castille will get a full stack (20 units) of Santiago units (10 dismounted Santiago knights and 10 mounted santiago knights).

3-Norway start with less units than every other faction (and only 5 settlements): they'll get 15 units (huskarl axemen and foot men at arms). Those will be placed in Skara.

So the save will be exactly as the one you checked with exception of the above changes.
    Also all the muslim players have to disband the Jihad armies at the start of their turn (as first thing before doing anything else). They can still use the extra mov.points given to their generals to return those more quickly to their lands.
    Last edited by sonnet; 07-03-2014 at 13:44.

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

FYI I found out that I had posted a pretty comprehensive list of console commands in my guide. Turns out I can turn any settlement we want into a Fortress (I can add population and finish construciton via console). Do we want to add Fortressses to the north of Europe?
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    FYI I found out that I had posted a pretty comprehensive list of console commands in my guide. Turns out I can turn any settlement we want into a Fortress (I can add population and finish construciton via console). Do we want to add Fortressses to the north of Europe?
    @Myth:
    There's only one faction imo that should get a fortress: Kiev, since Kiev is the only faction which as not either a fortress or some close by (or have some castle very close to upgrade). If you can also build barracks, archery range and baron stable in that fortress, so that'll make one but very good fortress.
    All the other factions should be fine in that regards.

I'm sending you a pm with all the exact commands for the reinforcements.
    So if pls upgrade Bryansk to a fortress.

All the agents rules are applicable against both, humans and AI: please respect them
    So this rule is based on trust only then, some would respect it but others could get away because no one else find out about it, not sure how fair is that...

Member thankful for this post:

Jiub 

Quote Originally Posted by Vipman View Post
    So this rule is based on trust only then, some would respect it but others could get away because no one else find out about it, not sure how fair is that...
    Well this rule is for debate. Like you said is based on trust.
    If players do not want agent rules applied to the AI then pls say so.
    I have to add that this rule was thought with a map with the unconquerable area (when Kwarezm-Mongols slot was not going to be played by anyone, before Loose Cannon joined). Basically to keep a threat for the Muslim and russian factions (and not let have them easy game), I wanted avoid that someone could easily kill those factions by simply killing the family members (thus making all the settlement in the unconquerable area going rebel, and eliminating the threat with just few assassins).
    Same would apply for AI factions in the conquerable map.

Guys I just want you remind a few features of the HS that someone might not have noticed:
    -History is written by the victors : basically when a conflict comes to an end (like a faction is destroyed by another, or a war ends and a victor between the 2 is named), only the winner will have the right to write the history of the war (it'll end up in the 1st page in the appropriate section). The victor will write his version of the war in few lines. What he writes might not be necessarily true (so for instance, if Turks attack Hungary with a false pretext and win the war, I can write that the pretext was true and add more lies to it).
    And the loser can't talk about the war he has lost any more in the thread.
    Just to be clear: this has no real direct effect in the game. But it adds propaganda (as the time passes, and players forget about past wars, they'll refer to the section and the propaganda might have some effect.

-Official deals might remain secret until the very end & Bad reputation: you can make either official deals -which will end up in the appropriate section in the first page of the HS thread- or make a secret deal (known only between the 2 players).
    If you choose to keep the deal secret, then if one of the 2 party involved breaks it or betrays it, you cannot make it public the betrayal.
    You'll have to bite the bullet. This way we add a new option in the game: officially somehow give some protection since if the a player breaks an official deal his reputation will be publicly damaged and he'd end up in the "bad reputation" list.
    If the player wants to keep the deal secret, he'll gain the advantage of secrecy but the trade-off will be the higher risk involved (since the other player can betrays him without suffering any consequence to its reputation).

Members thankful for this post (3):

ebsTonnoVipman 

Ha... look who came 200 years early:

Last edited by Tonno; 07-04-2014 at 15:59.

All the agents rules are applicable against both, humans and AI: please respect them
    So this rule remains because I see no one saying he'd like to remove it... ok then...

Tonno should I know who that is?

So this rule remains because I see no one saying he'd like to remove it... ok then...

Tonno should I know who that is?
    I believe Tonno is referring to this man:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huldrych_Zwingli

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

I'd also like to see the rule not applied to AI factions. Level 1 and 2 agents will not find any targets to improve their skills upon.

@LooseCannon1 & @Vipman

Would it be fine if at least assassin can't kill AI Family members , but everything else is legit?

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

@LooseCannon1 & @Vipman

Would it be fine if at least assassin can't kill AI Family members , but everything else is legit?
    That sounds better.

@Vipman @Tonno @Makrell @yuonyuon @Core-i7-inside @dur3x @Tonno @Jiub @Emproment @ebs @Gaius Octavius Caesar @Lord Luka

Ok under request of Vipman and LooseCannon1 this rule
    changed in this one:
    -You can't assassinate AI Family members : please respect this rule

So basically this is the only rule you need to respect (concerning the agents) against the AI.
    It shouldn't change much, but if anyone wants to oppose this change please state your opinion
    Last edited by sonnet; 07-04-2014 at 18:58.

I was ok with the last one, but I accept the change.

@Vipman @Tonno @Makrell @yuonyuon @Core-i7-inside @dur3x @Tonno @Jiub @Emproment @ebs @Gaius Octavius Caesar @Lord Luka

Guys just 2 things to make the game smoother:
    1- You should not stop playing unless the admin @Myth (or @Nightbringer) says so. If you suspect or even if you're sure someone broke the rules or worse cheated, send a pm to both the admins, but in the meanwhile you need to keep playing.
    That's because: most of the times someone asks for a check, no rules are broken. In that case you'd stopped the game needlessly.
    Even when rules are broken the issue can be easily solved by assigning punishments compensations.
    Game will be stopped and turns replayed only when something really serious happens and that can't be fixed with the console by the admins.

2- Keep sending notifications to the player who comes after you. But in any case, not receiving any notification is not a valid reason to not play: each one of us know exactly which days of the week and time is turn will come up for sure (it may come up earlier and that's why notifications are still important, to facilitate each one of us).
    Last edited by sonnet; 07-04-2014 at 21:43.

Member thankful for this post:

Jiub 

Guys remember that you can only keep 1 assassin every 25 regions.
    Ebs just pm'ed me because he has too many assassins and killing them takes a lot of reloading.
    If you have the same problem, you can kill those in the next 1-3 turns . Just remember to only use one and kill the rest(through suicide) asap in the next turns.
    Last edited by sonnet; 07-04-2014 at 23:23.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast