Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1303

Thread: Restless crowns: forging empires [Late era -Skip a few]

Default Re: Restless crowns: forging empires [Late era -Skip a few]

Quote Originally Posted by Vipman View Post
    Did Dur3x leave as well? I must have missed that.

I might as well let yuon have France if this way we can all carry on with the hotseat, but I understand if you guys don't want this.
    @Vipman
    Dur3x didn't say he's leaving, but the fact that he's not playing his turn while he's playing in other HS seems a safe assumption thinking he left.

About Yuonyuon taking France. Lets forget for one second his uncivil behaviour and lets imagine he could behave in a civil manner.
    This doesn't solve the main issue that him, Dur3x and Emproment showed: the fact that they would leave as soon as they're losing.
    Yuonyuon left Castille as soon as he lost his 2 allies in the east. And then with Kwarezm left after just few turns, despite still having 14-15 regions and a peace offer on the table which could have let him wait for a better moment to attack in the future, like now Core-i7 is doing. Since Core-i7 took over Kwarezm stats are improving rapidly. And Kwarezm has still very good chances to win the game.

So imagine we let them rejoin: as long as they keep winning, they'll be playing. But if they start losing, what makes you think they won't do the same? We need players who plays until the end (which means until the very last settlement). And those sort of "leagues" are a double edge sword, and that's why I always discouraged that: since the defeat of your buddies basically drags you down too. Like in this case, Emproment when lost his buddies thought to leave as well.
    Had he make his own strategy without relying on others this wouldn't have happened.

Player are free to form coalitions, but this HS is not a coalition game: only one will win, and everyone is expected to play for his own victory. Leaving because you lost your allies, is not a good excuse, particularly if your faction is still in decent shape.
    @Myth : I only had the pswd's of the faction of which I was the official subber (HRE initially, and HRE-England when they were merged, in agreement with Emproment) and the Moors (who asked me to sub him). Never had any other pswd.
    So I had the pswd of only one faction more than the others. 2 players (Emproment and Tonno) have my pswd and I don't mind it, and actually I trust them they won't misuse it.
    Last edited by sonnet; 10-10-2014 at 10:45.

Member thankful for this post:

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I'd have loved to start as Castille in this hotseat. Or England. There was great potential but TBH all the bickering and giving up ruined it.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Due to the high threat of drama the FBI (Federal Bureau of Instaban) has been assigned to this case. Any personal attacks will be banned, even If this means halting the hotseat.back to TWC!
    Last edited by yuonyuon; 10-14-2014 at 23:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    We should start more games.
    I was planing to start mine two games this weekend, but I can't get to start some of my mods. And there where some problems on the college regarding my pause so I didn't find time to set up the needed details.
    I might promote a skip a few HS tomorow, to see how many ppl would be playing in it, then I would set it up, while the other HS (with the good ideas) would be open later.

Im gone til sunday, my sibber should just continue Kievs path to victory!

"him, Dur3x and Emproment showed: the fact that they would leave as soon as they're losing."

Castille and England have never been in a better position. In fact, England and Castille were about to wreck some face in a few turns.

So... the exact opposite of what you said occurred: we left when we were winning the most.
    Last edited by Myth; 10-11-2014 at 11:57. Reason: language

Members thankful for this post (3):

Quote Originally Posted by Emproment View Post
    "him, Dur3x and Emproment showed: the fact that they would leave as soon as they're losing."

Castille and England have never been in a better position. In fact, England and Castille were about to wreck some shit in a few turns.

So... the exact opposite of what you said occurred: we left when we were winning the most.
    Actually its the other way around, Castille left because the Moors were defeated and he is next. You may be in a good position in N Europe but look south.
    Last edited by Gaius Octavius Caesar; 10-11-2014 at 13:12.

Castille and England have never been in a better position. In fact, England and Castille were about to wreck some shit in a few turns.

Emm... You where kind a growing in my heart, and I was starting to consider you as a good HS player. But the last few posts, this in particular ...
    I would just like to reminad that both durex and yuon didn't do sh...stuff for Castile. In words of yuon: Castile is a wreck; but as soon as durex took the faction he stoped with writing that. Probably since durex allowed him to look at his save.
    Although you played as a true HS player (don't know about dem messages) and with help, saved England and as a result become a strong faction. I can't stand next to the words that durex went of the HS while he was one of the strongest. Yes you where wining the most, but only if we look in what kind of position you where. Otherwise your factions are not in a safe ground.
    Last edited by Tonno; 10-11-2014 at 10:16.

I thought Hungary was doing pretty well too.

Castille and England have never been in a better position. In fact, England and Castille were about to wreck some face in a few turns.

Like Gaius said, Castille left right when Moors got attacked by Egypt and its position became extremely weak (Castille has literally no army that could save its Spanish regions if Egypt decides to send his best stack to invade those), being open to attacks from a new front. Castille felt strong only because it had to fight on 1 front until now.
    Best proof is that Dur3x got extremely angered by that and feared this was the beginning of an Egyptian campaign against him.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053618986
    and immediately realized he needed help or else..
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053619002
    This was actually the lowest point for Castille and that's why you and Castille wanted so badly France to be taken by someone of your circle.

Everybody who was playing understands that, even you can't write what you wrote and stay serious, c'mon.
    And by looking at the bad peace terms you accepted, it's clear to me that you had no confidence at all in your skills.
    If I were in your position I'd never accepted such peace. I'd have surely got more either by diplomacy, or bent France by force. You were the weak link in your coalition since your faction was the one with the highest potential and did the least unfortunately. When you have the top faction, you're the one supposed to support your allies, rather than relying on them. And what's worse is that you completely locked England: in the best (quite unlikely) scenario that Castille could really advance against France, you'd been locked up by your ally for the territorial expansion. You'd have to expand against Norway, but if Norway keep enough ships, that becomes impossible.
    And you needed many turns before being ready for another conflict, like I told you when you asked advice.

In your coalition you were bad allies with each other: had Castille (yuon turn 3) turned immediately against France rather than wasting resources for the conflict war vs the Moors the French-Venice-Norway betrayal could have hugely backfired on them and it would have been a huge victory and gain for you and Castille supported by HRE and Moors and fooling them for a while more (as there wouldn't have been no way for them to know about your connection)
    But the lack of timing and hindsight and strategy caused all the mistakes each of you made.
    Winning is more easily than it seems when you can catch the right opportunities. But if your gaming is limited to land-grabbing you can't really blame others if the situation 'mysteriously' deteriorate in a game that's defined "strategic" for quite a few reasons..

PS: and I forgot to mention..England is at its lowest point.. even in the stats. The only reason England increased the number of its region recently is because you traded HRE regions with France. HRE 2 Fortresses (one of which fully developed), 3 large cities, 2 cities , 1 Wooden Castle.
    In the aftermath you gained for England 3 Fortresses (none of them developed), 1 Large City, 1 Castle 2 cities.
    And you lost about turn income 4k of king treasury of HRE faction.
    Last edited by sonnet; 10-12-2014 at 09:14.

Members thankful for this post (4):

Quote Originally Posted by Tonno View Post
    With the power cut to the Moors and the larger part African sheikdom of the Caliphate restored from the unruly ruler to the true successor to Muhammad, peace is forced to the Moors?
    Hey hey, look who needs a super subber this is as slow as it gets

As possible solution to move on:

1-Kwarezm turned to ai (and put outside in the unconquerable area), and @Core-i7-inside will be allowed to choose one faction between France and England

2-Moors ( @puddingkip) can inherit Castille

3- @Myth would you consider helping us out and taking a faction between the Turks and what's left between France and England?
    Last edited by sonnet; 10-15-2014 at 07:40.

You forgot to mention Kwarezm (and/or England if it's not taken?) would be put outside the conquerable area.
    Last edited by Vipman; 10-14-2014 at 23:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipman View Post
    You forgot to mention Kwarezm (and/or England if it's not taken?) would be put outside the conquerable area.
    yes you're right

Sounds good to me. No1 new wants to join anyway.

go for it, although then the cuman and novgotrodian regions would still be inside right?

i would prefer the soultuion were khwazies are still a faction

OK, let's move on. I'll take France.(and continue as Venice)

Or we can turn Venice AI and I'll go as Kwarezm and France.
    Last edited by Core-i7-inside; 10-15-2014 at 13:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Core-i7-inside View Post
    OK, let's move on. I'll take France.(and continue as Venice)

Or we can turn Venice AI and I'll go as Kwarezm and France.
    that will not be benefical in the long run. Sooner or later france and khwas wll eb a apart of the same conflict. For example if they are at war with turks or kiev, nations that are ebtween them. that would prove bad.

And as stated, if the map is to be lessened keep the northeast corner.

I propose that if we turn a faction to AI I give it a lump sum of money since the money scripts would have been disabled. Just don't leech that money through map information deals and the like.

Also, I'd love to play but I have the admin password so I do not want to be accused of misusing it.

I propose that if we turn a faction to AI I give it a lump sum of money since the money scripts would have been disabled. Just don't leech that money through map information deals and the like.

Also, I'd love to play but I have the admin password so I do not want to be accused of misusing it.
    Agreed, we still need the khwazarems as a pain even though AI, much mroe interesting with both khwazies and mongols for me and turks

No way anyone should control 2 big factions, until now there have been some exceptions because factions were in the middle of a war or almost dead. So Core takes France, Puddingkip Castille, Myth can choose between England, Kwarezm or Turks if sonnet still offers his faction, and what remains between England or Kwarezm would be turned AI and made unconquerable. Maybe Mongols along with Kwazies too. And maybe Venice should either be turned AI or inherited directly by France so there would be fewer factions and faster turns.

Myth of course we know you have the password, but I think most of us agree for you to join, I proposed it as a solution to continue, if anyone doesn't agree with an admin player they should politely say so and we'll see from there.
    Last edited by Vipman; 10-15-2014 at 21:11.

Alright, I got your points, I'll take France then. We can turn Venice AI and the HS will be a bit faster.(But if you ask me, I want to keep Venice too, it is not dead yet, Venice got friends. :P)

I want Myth to join. Even if he has admin password, I don't think he would cheat. Come one Myth, we trust you. :D

Ok so how do we do the whole time slots thing?

I'd rather have Invicta continue playing the turks. He's been settin gup his faction for regional dominance so far. I love me some England. But if you feel his power is not checked I can get the K-Shah thoughh I expect a clean diplomatic slate and don't promise I'll go YOLO against him like the preivous Kwarez players.

I'd rather have Invicta continue playing the turks. He's been settin gup his faction for regional dominance so far. I love me some England. But if you feel his power is not checked I can get the K-Shah thoughh I expect a clean diplomatic slate and don't promise I'll go YOLO against him like the preivous Kwarez players.
    I'm afraid, as a previous Kwarezm player, I don't think Kwarezm will be ready to war in the near future. :P
    While I was playing Kwarezm, I was doing almost nothing to strengthening the power. All I have done is improving faction's economic. XD

@Myth With the schedule we'd just continue to stick to it as much as we can. Remake the list with changed players and time-slots and see if everyone can adapt, if not we could add an extra day. England' time slot was 23:00-10:00 GMT, France following from 10:00-15:30 GMT

MY scheldule varies. I have gym 2-4 times per week after work. On those days I can only play from 7-9 GMT onwards. On the other work days I can play sooner. Weekends I almost always travel somewhere.

@Myth @Vipman @Tonno @Lord Luka @Core-i7-inside @puddingkip @Gaius Octavius Caesar

My suggestion is that we move to the 24hrs schedule (meaning everyone has a day).
    But obviously everyone is invited to play as soon as he can to keep it fast.

About the faction choice: England imo should be much preferred to Kwarezm as it's easier to cut out Kwarezm from the map if needed than England.

But I'd suggest this solution: England could be assembled with Castille (meaning England would manage Castille and England), and Moors would manage Kwarezm too.
    This because of the faction turn's order (England's turn comes after Castille and Kwarezm turn comes after Moors).

Personally it would be a great solution and would keep everything in game as also fast.
    Last edited by sonnet; 10-16-2014 at 18:31.

Agree to 24h schedule. But not sure about that factions combo.

Why is it easier to cut khwaz than england? Cutting england means cutting a small portion whilst still allowing great strategy in all directions for the neighbour(france)
    Curtting Khwaz means both you and me lose 1 BIG direction to worry much about.

Personally i think cutting england is better

24hrs schedule is okay. I agree.

I agree with Markrell that cutting the GB sounds better than cutting Kwarezm. (In case we have to cut a faction)
    I think the combination of England and Castile is too powerful. But Kwarezm + Moors is okay. They're separated and they can't help each other as much as the England and Castile combination.

Why don't we give Myth Castile. Let me take France(and Venice**) ,puddingkip takes Moors and Kwarezm, and cut the GB and Ireland.

**If you guys want to, we can turn Venice AI.
    Last edited by Core-i7-inside; 10-17-2014 at 02:40.

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast