Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Speaking of Israel...

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Speaking of Israel...

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    ...In any case, it's hard to see why Palestinians should pay for the policies of their Arab neighbours.
    Well, remember that my comment was geared towards reminding Frags that, whatever the justification, Israel could not really be thought of as unwilling to "grab" land.

However, to point out one connection, many Palestinian Arabs vacated properties at the urging of their neighboring Arab states to get out of the line of fire while Israel was swept into the sea. The "right of return" concept, stemming from that time, has been and continues to be one of the issues entwined in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Whether or not this is a justifiable "why Palestinians should pay" often depends on the perspective of the assessor.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

So King Bibi, as some Israelis call him, paid a visit to Washington today. Currently in a rather long argument on Facebook after I had the audacity to say that Bibi does not speak for me (as a Jew).
    Anyone eager to jump in and have their say just send a PM! Havent seen a rabid Israel debate like this for a long long time.

Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-03-2015 at 23:02.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

It's too bad more right-wing Israelis can't see how much this is hurting them. I have some friends in Israel who are on the right (some on the left too), and they were thrilled... Bibi's going to tell it like it is...

Everybody knows Iran wants the bomb... the question is... how the do you stop them from getting it... when India, Pakistan and hell... North Korea (after a fashion) already have it. Hell, the Russians would LOVE to give it to them.

There's no effective way of guaranteeing Iran doesn't achieve nuclear capability without continually destroying their infrastructure and blockading all traffic in and out. Not feasible.

Better to try to control the conditions under which they enter the playing field and make them responsible parties at the table right up front. Make sure they know that these things have signatures and if Hamas lets a dirty bomb off in a Tel Aviv bus depot, there's an ICBM coming straight for Tehran.

What's more... does Israel really want to reduce its chances to Republicans having an upper hand in Congress? Getting Israel's defense sucked into our quaqumire was a big mistake by Bibi, IMHO.
    Last edited by Don Corleone; 03-03-2015 at 23:43.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Member thankful for this post:

Blog Entries

There are country specific nuclear signatures?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    So King Bibi, as some Israelis call him, paid a visit to Washington today. Currently in a rather long argument on Facebook after I had the audacity to say that Bibi does not speak for me (as a Jew).
    Anyone eager to jump in and have their say just send a PM! Havent seen a rabid Israel debate like this for a long long time.

Even if you are a card carrying member of their party and voted for them, the sign of a good democracy is when you say your PM or President doesn't speak for you.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Not that I know of, but even the best always leave a trail. There will always be crumbs to follow.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Not country specific, but I think they can trace the isotopes and therefore the refining sourcce.
    Last edited by Beskar; 03-06-2015 at 18:43.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Not country specific, but I think they can trace the isotopes and therefore the refining sourcce.
    Correct. So spot on correct he had to post it twice.

They can literally trace it by reactor and time batch based on slight variances in the trace isotopes.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Isotope signatures are so good that we could tell the lead sources in fuel found in ice core samples. Leaded fuel in petrol would be burnt and then would release into the atmosphere where it got carried around the globe. The lead would then be deposited everywhere and captured in layers of snow, year on year much like tree rings. The method is so comprehensive, you can even tell which mine the Romans were using in the ice core samples from 2000 years ago.

For nuclear facilities there are the raw product (mine dependent) and then it is processed the ratios of the produced product change but generally in a way that can be traced.

On top of this when a nuclear weapon is set off they cause the earth to ring like a bell. Each one has a different ring tone if you will and you can tell how deep it is, the yield and if it was a chemical or nuclear explosive. That's how they verify North Korea's paltry efforts.
    Last edited by Papewaio; 03-11-2015 at 03:11.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Well, looks like Netanyahu won re-election. Again.

Though I am looking forward to seeing how badly he can muck up US-Israeli relations in the coming couple of years.

After all, he did publicly announce that he no longer supports the creation of a Palestinian state, so I can only imagine how well that will go over.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-18-2015 at 04:36.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819