Thread: A few random bugs / issues

Default A few random bugs / issues

Hello!

First of all thank you for a wonderful, excellent, well polished mod we have all been waiting for quite a few years!

A few issues, I have encountered thus far.

1. Lighthouse of Alexandria wonder in Asaak (once I captured it as Pahlava).

2. As was reported by some people crash when accessing custom battles and/or Grand Campaign. In particular if, during your session you accessed at least once Custom Battles / Grand Campaign, then as soon as you try to access the other (Grand Campaign / Custom Battles) (i.e. click on the menu item), game crashes.

3. Not really part of the main mod, but Graphics Enhancement did not work for me: I run on Windows 8.1 x64, and when I had graphic enhancement mod installed, the campaign map was so distorted visually (actually the whole UI and the campaign map) that it was difficult to find UI elements and click on anything. It is as if the whole screen was covered in haze of sorts. I did not even get to the battle UI, so don;t know how it looks there. The main menu and options, strangely enough all looked just fine.

4. As a side not, which I think has nothing at all to do with the mod, but still kind of surprising so I thought I would share it (no doubt others have experienced it too)... After you have bribed a settlement from AI and end your turn, then any units stationed in that settlement will move out of the settlement during the AI's turn from whom your bribed the settlement. So even though you now own the units there (and even might have added yours original units), still the whole stack would move out of the city. What is remarkable IMHO is that this bug (part of the engine I am sure) was present in Rome I TW Alexander, and now 2 version later it is still present! I guess sometimes CA just doesn't fix things.

5. Some random crashes after playing about 20-30 turns when clicking on either units on the campaign map I(selecting them), or even when clicking on buildings adding them to construction queue.

6. Not sure if it's a big or by design. But in EB I there used to be a pass over Caucasian mountains (north of Haii) right in the middle of the mountain chain. Now, in EB II it is not there, so you have to go all the way around the mountains (either along the shores of the Black Sea or the Caspian).

7. Faction Heir initial selection. Just a suggestion, for the factions where when you begin a campaign faction heir selection dialog comes up, it allows you to select by either left or right clicking on family member. Make it only selectable by left click. The issue that I have is that the roster list does not show family member's age or detailed info (that is only available if you right-click on FM to bring the details window), so as a result, now, you cannot make a really informed decision, since both right- and left-clicking makes a selection. Also, on a related note, I guess you cannot now change faction heir once selected, no matter what faction you play, as there is no such button on the family tree (so I guess it;s by design), but then the new faction heir selection dialog does not always automatically come up when your faction leader dies... As such, you may end up with automatically selected faction heir. I have experienced this when playing Pahlava.

8. When I bribed Seleucid settlement as Pahlava, I was able to get Seleucid unique units such as Hellenic Guard. It was never possible in EB I. Is it supposed to be that way in EB II?

9. Don't know if it's by design. I cannot construct temporary forts, only watch towers.

That's all. I will add some more later as I come across them!

Once again thank you for the great mod!
    Last edited by george585; 08-27-2014 at 13:24.

Default Re: A few random bugs / issues

Regarding 2. Tux has said it's a M2TW bug that they cannot fix. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...php?147926-CTD

And I'm also having that haze issue with the graphical enhancement. Windows 8.1 64 bit. Nvidia GTX770m with current drivers.

Yes, I have Nvidia too. GTX 660 Ti. Maybe it's NVidia issue?

1. Others have already reported the wonders going around to weird places, particularly whenever a settlement gets sacked. We don't know why yet.

2. Known M2TW issue, can't fix (I think).

3. You're not supposed to have the Graphic Enhancement mod active on the campaign map. Tap Shift-F12 (or was it Ctrl-F12?) in game to disable or enable it.

4. Didn't know that, but I'm fairly certain there's nothing we can do about it.

5. Can you list specific units or buildings this happens with? What was the previous unit or building you clicked?

6. Don't know.

7. Don't know.

8. Very many units are "regional", available to all factions whenever they get to the area. I'm not sure if that unit is among them, but it would explain it if it is.

9. By design. I don't think you can have both permanent forts (in our case minor settlements) and constructable forts.
    Last edited by bovi; 08-28-2014 at 12:19.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Member thankful for this post:

Thank you for reply!

5. It really is pretty random. In one instance game crashed when I clicked on Pahlava Assassin on campaign map. The other time it crashed when I right-clicked on unit card in Recruitment Screen for Syrian Archers.

A few other things I noticed:

10. It is not possible to construct watch towers in Gedrosia province. Is that by design because it's a desert basically?

11. The message icons aren't as varied as in EB I. For example, coming of age event does not have a distinct icons. Are there any plans to make icons more varied so the messages are more easily distinguishable at a glance?

Thank you.