Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: possible bug reg Pritanoi skirmishers in campaign

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Default Re: possible bug reg Pritanoi skirmishers in campaign

In this case, I would recommend first posting the affected code of one of the units--that way others can know how to do it. will download and apply to EDU in the meantime.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Sure , here you go:

The logic is the following:
    1)Since prec will not work for any reason and I can't correct it at least not with my knoweledge some way has to be found so the fire at will mod gives behaviour close to the one intended with prec without fire at will
    2) To do that range was increased to 60m so cavalry have some clear air to reload and fire javelins before enemy formation comes to close
    3) At same time charge distance was reduced to 40m, to be smaller than range. So right after firing the javelins the cavalry will be in proper position to charge.

That's why I say it's not a fix but a sideways thinking to limit the damage from the broken mechanic.

Changes in bold, example:
    ; COMMENTS Aspet Hetselazor (Armenian Minor Nobles) / Unit ID 377 / Start exp: 0 / Refr rate: 0,0192 / Pool cap: 2
    type eastern cavalry aspet hetselazor
    dictionary eastern_cavalry_aspet_hetselazor
    category cavalry
    class light
    voice_type General
    accent Armenian
    banner faction main_cavalry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Anatolian_Med_Cav, 40, 0, 5.27
    mount horse_unarmoured
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, mercenary_unit, hardy, can_withdraw, cannot_skirmish
    move_speed_mod 0.99
    formation 2.5, 3, 3.2, 4.4, 5, square
    stat_health 1, 6
    stat_pri 9, 4, cav_heavy_javelin40, 60, 1, thrown, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr prec, thrown
    stat_sec 8, 11, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_simple, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 5, 6, 0, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 1
    stat_ground 0, -2, -3, -2
    stat_mental 9, disciplined, trained
    stat_charge_dist 45
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 1824, 323, 30, 210, 784, 6, 235
    stat_stl 3
    armour_ug_levels 0
    armour_ug_models Anatolian_Med_Cav
    ownership f_rome, f_carthage, f_makedonia, f_epeiros, f_kh, f_seleukid, f_ptolemaioi, f_baktria, f_hayasdan, f_pontos, f_parthia, f_aedui, f_arverni, f_casse, f_lusotannan, f_sweboz, f_getai, f_saba, f_saka, f_sauromatae, f_numidia, f_pergamon, f_gandhara, f_lugia, f_bosporan, f_arevaci, f_boii, f_nabatu, slave
    era 0 f_hayasdan
    era 1 f_hayasdan
    era 2 f_rome, f_carthage, f_makedonia, f_epeiros, f_kh, f_seleukid, f_ptolemaioi, f_baktria, f_hayasdan, f_pontos, f_parthia, f_aedui, f_arverni, f_casse, f_lusotannan, f_sweboz, f_getai, f_saba, f_saka, f_sauromatae, f_numidia, f_pergamon, f_gandhara, f_lugia, f_bosporan, f_arevaci, f_boii, f_nabatu
    info_pic_dir f_all
    card_pic_dir f_all
    recruit_priority_offset 3
    PS: of course the javelin must have the new range.

Don't misanderstand me on this, not trying to withhold any info simply during the week my time is limited, sometimes I forget to write something. Anyway the above will explain

Member thankful for this post:

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Not_a_Strategist_yet View Post
    Sure , here you go:

The logic is the following:
    1)Since prec will not work for any reason and I can't correct it at least not with my knoweledge some way has to be found so the fire at will mod gives behaviour close to the one intended with prec without fire at will
    2) To do that range was increased to 60m so cavalry have some clear air to reload and fire javelins before enemy formation comes to close
    3) At same time charge distance was reduced to 40m, to be smaller than range. So right after firing the javelins the cavalry will be in proper position to charge.

That's why I say it's not a fix but a sideways thinking to limit the damage from the broken mechanic.

Changes in bold, example:

PS: of course the javelin must have the new range.

Don't misanderstand me on this, not trying to withhold any info simply during the week my time is limited, sometimes I forget to write something. Anyway the above will explain
    don't worry, I know you aren't holding anything back, and I was never concerned. This particular fix I wanted posted here, so that others may look at it and offer suggestions to improve on it, since as you say, the solution is imperfect. perhaps someone will come with another idea that may prove better.

as it is, it works OK, though I will have to introduce a charge factor, in the event that the charge bonus from the melee doesn't work as a result. have already updated the heavy_cav javelin to allow for this.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12