Thread: Faster Battles (temporary submod for EB 2.0.0)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Faster Battles (temporary submod for EB 2.0.0)

If you want faster battles, but not quite as fast as vanilla try out this mod, it sets it to a middle ground:

Version 2 (second attemp less fast):
    http://megafileupload.com/en/file/56...onfig-xml.html

Has kill ratio's of 0.35 for both melee and missiles.

Version 1 (first attempt, rather fast):
    http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...onfig-xml.html

Has kill ratio's of 0.44 for melee, 0.5 for missiles.

Just copying the file into the mods\EBII\data folder and renaming it (remove the mega file part) should do the trick.

save game compatible!

Feedback welcome so you can help it get tuned for the mod itself!
    Last edited by Moros; 08-30-2014 at 01:21.

Default Re: Faster Battles (temporary submod for EB 2.0.0)

Great, battles were extremly slow. What have you done here? Change troops in order to have more attack points?

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

What does it change?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

It doesn't change stats, it merely changes the kill ratio of hits.

While vanilla has a 1.0, factor the first release has a factor of 0.22. I doubled it to 0.44 making it less extreme.

I quite liked the slower melee kills, it was everything else (cavalry, missiles) that seemed off to me. I'll give it a try in any case, this is the beta after all, where we're supposed to be trying things out.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I quite liked the slower melee kills, it was everything else (cavalry, missiles) that seemed off to me. I'll give it a try in any case, this is the beta after all, where we're supposed to be trying things out.
    Same here. Slower rate seems more realistic to me. Cavalry needs to really charge.
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Completed EB Campaigns on VH/M: ALL... now working for EBII!

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    If you want faster battles, but not quite as fast as vanilla try out this mod, it sets it to a middle ground:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...onfig-xml.html

Just copying the file into the mods\EBII\data folder should make it work.

save game compatible!

What it does?
    The kill ratio of EB2.0 is currently set at 0.22, compared to a 1.0 in vanilla and mods like TATW.
    This mod sets it a less extreme 0.44, resulting in battles that are slower paced, but more reasonable. A middle ground let say.
    It also improves the lethality of missile from 0.22 to 0.5, making them more effective, but they still shouldn't be overpowered.
    Thank you. Just noticed that when i save this file it saves as Megaupload-Battle config and not Battleconfig as per the original file.

Will this make a difference and will i need to delete the original file?

Quote Originally Posted by Twonk1972 View Post
    Thank you. Just noticed that when i save this file it saves as Megaupload-Battle config and not Battleconfig as per the original file.

Will this make a difference and will i need to delete the original file?
    You need to rename it, the game is looking for the original filename, not the new one with Megaupload inserted into it.

Someone's just made a submod that increases the range of javelin-skirmishers (but not other javelin-wielders) and changed their formation to that of Akontistai, which apparently fixes the "never throws their missiles" issue they had. I'll give this a try in combination with the increased kill ratios here (not the one there that raised missiles to an excessive 1.0!), and report back.

Someone's just made a submod that increases the range of javelin-skirmishers (but not other javelin-wielders) and changed their formation to that of Akontistai, which apparently fixes the "never throws their missiles" issue they had. I'll give this a try in combination with the increased kill ratios here (not the one there that raised missiles to an excessive 1.0!), and report back.
    Note that the ranges and the likes concerning skirmishers should be fixed in the first patch we release.
    Last edited by Moros; 08-30-2014 at 01:15.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    Not that the ranges and the likes concerning skirmishers should be fixed in the first patch we release.
    Excellent! Great to hear you guys are still working on things behind the scenes.

You need to rename it, the game is looking for the original filename, not the new one with Megaupload inserted into it.
    Ok thanks mate will try it now.