Thread: Arid Nomad Camps Appear As Barbarian Settlements On The Battle Map

Default Arid Nomad Camps Appear As Barbarian Settlements On The Battle Map

While playing as Massylia I conquered Kirtan and eventually upgraded the settlement to a camp. When I attacked the settlement at the beginning of my campaign it appeared normal, however after upgrading I was attacked by Kart Hadast and in the battle map the settlement had changed to what looks like a hillfort, if I remember right from the previews. It's not the best but I took a screenshot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	14212

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Default Re: Arid Nomad Camps Appear As Barbarian Settlements On The Battle Map

That is actually the upgraded arid camp, which is shared with the Nabatu as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    That is actually the upgraded arid camp, which is shared with the Nabatu as well...
    Oh ok. Is it a placeholder or is that the finished form? The style of buildings is radically different from the small camp, which is why I thought it was a bug.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

That I don't know, but we managed to add it little before the release, so it might still need retexturing...

However it also represents a transitional phase towards conversion to settling, so may not be that far off...

Member thankful for this post:

Tuuvi 

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuvi View Post
    Oh ok. Is it a placeholder or is that the finished form? The style of buildings is radically different from the small camp, which is why I thought it was a bug.
    We'd like to create those in the future, but very few men have the skills and dedication to actually create settlements for mtw2. If we find someone who would like to make those, I'd be the first to welcome him and to provide him with the historical info.