Thread: [Submod/Fix] Placement of missing Hellenistic Poleis

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default [Submod/Fix] Placement of missing Hellenistic Poleis

As I noted elsewhere, there are a lot of places missing their Hellenistic Poleis building. This means that many Hellenistic factions expanding into any of these settlements have an unnecessary wait in building them up because of the lack of the building. Sometimes it seems to randomly appear build-able, or else you have to establish a colony (which requires you to have a Metropolis and colony points) there as though it were a completely foreign place. Which doesn't make sense when almost all of them were either Greek colonies originally, or feature Greek colonies in the province more widely. Having these present will also speed your colonisation efforts more generally, since the number of colony points is related to the number of Hellenistic Poleis that you hold.

Please note, this is not an exploit or cheat, I genuinely believe these should have been present in the first place. In the case of Syrakousai, paullus confirmed it should have been there, and was omitted. Less sure about the others, but as I said, I haven't done this at random.

Fortunately, it's relatively easy to fix, since it's just an edit of the descr_strat.txt. Unfortunately, this isn't savegame compatible; I don't think it will corrupt or otherwise ruin a game in progress, because the file is only referred to on creating a new game. It just won't have any impact until you do create a new game.

Changes:
    Added a Hellenistic Metropolis (polis_three) to Syrakousai.
    Added a Minor Hellenistic Polis (polis_one) to Capua, Chersonesos, Histria, Lilibeo, Messana, Nikaia, Olbia, Rhegion and Trapezous.

How to install:
    1) Go to [M2TW directory]\mods\EBII\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign and copy descr_strat.txt
    2) Paste this somewhere safe - this is your backup in case something goes wrong.
    3) Download the updated Attachment 14289 and paste it over the original one in the directory from 1)
    4) Start a new game, the settlements noted in the change above will now have a Hellenistic Poleis in them.
    5) Profit!

UPDATE

Following discussion with @Arjos, I may have gone a little overboard with adding them all over the place. If anyone prefers a more constrained approach, here's an updated Attachment 14303 with a Metropolis in Syrakousai and Minor Hellenistic Poleis in Capua, Messana and Rhegion.

UPDATE II

Here's the Megale Hellas edition (Capua, Messana, Rhegion) for 2.01: Attachment 14399
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 09-15-2014 at 00:24.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Members thankful for this post (2):