Thread: Battle of Gaza submod

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Battle of Gaza submod

Because the historical battle of Gaza, as included in EB 2.01, does not come with a description or picture, I've made a small submod to deal with these issues. What this mod does, is:
    • Add the picture of the battle as previewed on Twitter in .tga format and adds it to the historical battle selection screen.
    • Add a description of my own making to the battle, detailing the immediate events before it, the troops, a short summary of the battle and the immediate aftermath. I'll add my sources down below soon, but please keep in mind that I'm no historian. Any corrections would be appreciated.
    • Add paragraphs to the desciption of the battle of Sentinum. Whereas previously it was one big wall of text, It's now somewhat reasonably structured, I hope.

This submod was made for EB 2.01, but I assume it can also be used to add the battle of Gaza to any version 2.0 games that're still around. No guarantees on this, though. I'm pretty sure this submod is savegame compatible, since I haven't touched any of the campaign or AI files, but due to my ignorance in modding I won't give any guarantees on this as well. It is adviced to backup the EBII\data\world\maps\battle\custom folder, so you can restore it to its original state should you run into trouble.

Installation instructions:
    1. Download the zip file attached to this post.
    2. Either extract this into your 'whereever you've installed M2TW\mods\EBII\data\world\maps\battle' or first extract the contents of the zip file and then manually copy them into the right spot.

Download: custom.zip
    After you've done all that, it should look something like this: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gaza.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	403.1 KB 
ID:	14386

Regards,

Cohors_Evocata / Adalingum
    Last edited by Adalingum; 09-13-2014 at 22:58.