Thread: Way To Many Armies !!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Way To Many Armies !!!!

Once you are 200 + turns in theres factions with 1 city and ten armies , maybe this is the recruitment options being to high or just to much money but it could definitely be cut in half just to start , I did notice ass Macedon I could recruit like 40 Phalanx in the winter while just owning the Greece area , maybe all the cap limit should be put to 2 or even 1 lol.

Do you have to modify the decr_building to limit the cap or can this be done in the desr_unit?

Yep you have to modify the decr_building , as I am looking in there I don't see any crazy amounts being able to be recruited , so is it they are being stacked , this gives 2 that 1 gives 3 and so on?

I am looking through all the building files and unit , & the script , I can not figure out what is giving a faction the ability to raise ten armies with 1 city that makes 500 a turn , I see faction getting a 1000 bonus if losing money , does this mean they go to zero than get 1000 every turn?

I just cant get past 200 turns or 300 because I run into the faction that has unlimited 10 full flags every turn
    or some random faction has built 10-15 armies in 1 province I would like to take .

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType f_rome
    and IsFactionAIControlled
    and Treasury < 600
    if I_LosingMoney f_rome
    increment_kings_purse f_rome 100
    end_if
    if not I_LosingMoney f_rome
    console_command add_money f_rome, 100
    end_if
    end_monitor

in this section of the script I reduced the money bonus for all factions to this , it was 1000 & 400 before and now is 100 & 100

This is easy to do just look for this , sc down a bit you will see it , its in world/maps/campaign/imperialcampaign , then the campaignscript

Either in EB2 the AI dosent have to pay for buildings or there money goes to 0 at every turn , not sure what it is , I think 200 & 200 or 3-400 would be good enough along with beefing up the rebels to create hinge points to stop blitzing of the AI.

I would make a descr_strat for people but just adding troops to towns is much faster and you can customize your campaign to how ever you want , editing all the rebel towns would be very time consuming and I'm not sure I have found the right balance yet.

https://i61.tinypic.com/rtqaro.jpg

this is after 60 turns , normally the Areuakoi would have 10 armies by now and took all of Gaul , I didn't add any troops to Rebel towns in this test but I think it would work perfectly along with the reduction in income .

Adding troops to rebel towns can be done with this command in ~ in game create_unit Tolosa "celtic infantry bataroas" 6 6 6 6
    You can use something different but that's what I add , super celts.

After a lot of testing a campaign I am still on in turn 300+ I think 150 & 150 would be perfect .
    And also add rebels to slow down AI expansion with create_unit Tolosa "celtic infantry bataroas" 6 6 6 6
    you have type whatever town you want to add 2 , I used Tolosa as an example.

I got lots of SC in below posts
    Last edited by Rovert; 10-02-2014 at 13:40.

Member thankful for this post:

GRANTO 

Default Re: Way To Many Armies !!!!

https://i62.tinypic.com/2hzjng2.jpg

I would like for this kind of thing to mean something , they had another 25 stacks after that , I just did that for fun.
    Last edited by Rovert; 09-28-2014 at 01:13.

GRANTO 

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

What mods are you using? Anybody else seeing this?
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

GRANTO 

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    There can be quite a lot of stacks latter in the campaign kull , but....im happy that the AI is building stacks at this moment imo thats always been a complaint about tw that it doesnt build stacks . ...i see this as a good problem that we can tone down to our satisfaction over time.
    Last edited by GRANTO; 09-28-2014 at 12:17.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    There can be quite a lot of stacks latter in the campaign kull , but....im happy that the AI is building stacks at this moment imo thats always been a complaint about tw that it doesnt build stacks . ...i see this as a good problem that we can tone down to our satisfaction over time.
    I don't mind a lot of armies , usually when I start a fresh campaign I add super rebels to all the towns in Iberia because if I don't what ever faction wins in Iberia which is normally 30-50 turns takes of of Gaul Germany Italy in 150 turns .
    I just cant understand what is giving the ability to allow them to build 15 armies when owning 1 town? It seems there is no limit , i don't know how far you guys have gotten into a campaign but times the 10-15 by however many towns the faction has later on , is kinda overkill.

GRANTO 

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I don't mind a lot of armies , usually when I start a fresh campaign I add super rebels to all the towns in Iberia because if I don't what ever faction wins in Iberia which is normally 30-50 turns takes of of Gaul Germany Italy in 150 turns .
    I just cant understand what is giving the ability to allow them to build 15 armies when owning 1 town? It seems there is no limit , i don't know how far you guys have gotten into a campaign but times the 10-15 by however many towns the faction has later on , is kinda overkill.
    yes i know iv played a lot af campaigns recently {auto resolves} up to 300 turns and 400 turns , iv seen some massive stack battles , stacks is a good thing though ...it just needs tamed...in most total war games and even CA struggle to get stacks together in the Campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    nothing special , I mod the command stars a bit adding Loyalty & Command to blooded and so on , that's all though

Are you wondering about all the Jite? LOL just take a guy over to Greece theres 4 there and you can pick up 1 or 2 in sicily , just gota keep going every 5-10 turns till you have enough including guys for replacing
    Last edited by Rovert; 09-28-2014 at 12:43.

GRANTO