In my default settings (when i click on auto-detect in the video settings) Antialiasing is disabled.
My question is, is it intended to play like this?

I know im a total noob regarding Pc/software stuff - so sorry if this sounds like a stupid question - and i dont know now how the setting was in EB1 - after a PC new installation i only have EB2.01 on it.

But compared to EB1 the shapes are definitely more pixelated. So i see marvelous units and surroundings but this is disturbed by pixelated shapes. Specially visible in straight lines like the Sarisses of the soldiers or the horizon.

Only now i tried to start some test-battles with Antialiasing enabled - first with 4x and then with 8x the maximum at least in my settings.
And in these test-Battles until now i do not encounter any performance setbacks. And all shapes look much better. Definitely all looks more enjoyable.
However, some straight lines still look very sharp and not so realistic as in EB1... like the sea horizons. With this release this Horizon looks just like drawn with a sharp pencil while in EB1 it looked more realistic.

So is it anyway recommended to enable Antialiasing and even at 8x?
(I wonder because with auto-detect this is disabled.)

thanks,
Kleitos