Finally getting started on my Darkness Falls project, working the forun structure today. basically, the artwork I create and the games I play there is always a story that I make up to go with them. So I decided that it would be fun to put them together in a world, lends more meaning too. So, as I create this world, its history and events I would like as much as possible for it to 'work'. meaning in a believable way. Yes there will be heroes that may change the course of a battle, or the events of history...but no hero takes gun out of pocket and kills evil lord junk.
So, I thought it would help me alot to ask questions here and get the benefit of your knowledge and experience. And if you guys have some good sources that would be awesome. Check here from time to time and I will start posting what i`m working on as soon as I can.
Yes there will be magic. I`m thinking less the 'I am all powerfull" and more the limited style so as it doesnt take over. There will be different schools and types of course...
There will be standard fantasy races...humanoids, elf, dwarf, giants, trolls, orcs of several kind. I want to use enough of the traditional basis to make it comfy for folks yet there will be many differences and twists. This will be an ongoing project that instead of developing in secret I will be developing rather openly on my forum so things may change as they get refined. Plan on including things inspired from west and east and all the myth and legend in between as well as some great fantasy.....its a big world and theres room to play.
I am sadly not a writer so the words will just rather outline the stories and will be doing as much art for it as I can. At first using purchased content then later as my skills allow will be designing and modelling my own weapons, armor, architecture and eventually characters.
More explanation as I can and if anyone has any questions please ask. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and/or provides input.