Thread: Latest News on Warhammer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Latest News on Warhammer

Default Re: Latest News on Warhammer

Disc-Locked-Content: Chaos Warriors, undoubtedly the second most important faction in the game. Eagerly waiting for the excuses of CA and her self-acclaimed protectors of the official fora.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

As someone on Reddit said, releasing a Warhammer game that you have to pay extra to play as the Chaos is like releasing a Star Wars game where you have to pay extra to play as the Jedi. Its complete madness for them to do this, I cannot say I approve. Maybe if the pre-order faction was one of the more minor ones that would be one thing, but for Chaos? An obvious ploy to get people to pre-order it. And considering how badly people were burned with the Rome 2 fiasco, I wonder if people will trust them enough to give it another go.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

They made it chaos for that very reason, to force players to pre-purchase, there's no mistake about this strategy whatsoever.

I don't recall what the last couple of TW's have gone for as I've elected of late not to buy them till they are 50% off, so chime in here if I'm mistaken, but weren't these things going for an initial asking price of $49.99? Cause this one is listed at $59.99 in steam.

Yes, the game is indeed rather expensive. Rome II was 29.99£, while this is 49.99£. Quite a significant increase. Well, it was pretty obvious that CA intended to milk it as much as possible, it's up to the consumer if such business practices will be encouraged or not.

Concerning the pre-order DLC, in the two previous games, CA acted very cleverly, using factions that were very popular, perhaps the most popular, but they weren't necessarily worthy of being playable, because of their minor role in the game's time-frame. But in this case... Chaos is not Sparta of the Hellenistic Era.

Quote Originally Posted by easytarget View Post
    They made it chaos for that very reason, to force players to pre-purchase, there's no mistake about this strategy whatsoever.

I don't recall what the last couple of TW's have gone for as I've elected of late not to buy them till they are 50% off, so chime in here if I'm mistaken, but weren't these things going for an initial asking price of $49.99? Cause this one is listed at $59.99 in steam.
    There was an across the board retail price increase a while ago. For all video games, plus there is a licensing to consider. And that a lot of Rome 2 pricing was knock off 10 for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    As someone on Reddit said, releasing a Warhammer game that you have to pay extra to play as the Chaos is like releasing a Star Wars game where you have to pay extra to play as the Jedi. Its complete madness for them to do this, I cannot say I approve. Maybe if the pre-order faction was one of the more minor ones that would be one thing, but for Chaos? An obvious ploy to get people to pre-order it. And considering how badly people were burned with the Rome 2 fiasco, I wonder if people will trust them enough to give it another go.
    You know that in Warhammer is divided into have a current army book and miniatures (major factions) and don't (minor factions). With a helping of these guys don't exist anymore, stop asking for them. And since games workshop will not give CA total freedom, minor factions are a no go. GW is VERY controlling of their license.
    Last edited by lars573; 10-25-2015 at 15:54.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
    There was an across the board retail price increase a while ago. For all video games, plus there is a licensing to consider. And that a lot of Rome 2 pricing was knock off 10 for a bit.

You know that in Warhammer is divided into have a current army book and miniatures (major factions) and don't (minor factions). With a helping of these guys don't exist anymore, stop asking for them. And since games workshop will not give CA total freedom, minor factions are a no go. GW is VERY controlling of their license.
    Well, this is based on Warhammer Fantasy Battle - not Age of Sigmar - so there are a lot of potential fringe factions knocking around.

As far as DLC whoring goes Bretonnia seems like a good fit. However, as you noted, some factions have little love and Bretonnia's neglect means it has a significant lacks of unit diversity in addition to lots of dumb Lore.

Once again I am given to wonder why CA signed themselves over to Sega, a company that doesn't understand CA's core market with Total War and has mostly made bad decision over the years with regard to the TW IP - this DLC whoring included.

Ref Hoah's comment - this is like a Star Wars RTS without being able to play the Empire - very one-sided.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Chaos Warriors will now be free to all purchasers for one week after release.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

I know right, how good is it? Not that it matters cos I preordered anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle-G View Post
    I know right, how good is it? Not that it matters cos I preordered anyways.
    So did I.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    So did I.
    Nice :D Good luck and may the dice gods smile ever in your favour.

First update incoming tomm: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...80.93_Update_1

Also blood dlc released
    Last edited by easytarget; 07-01-2016 at 16:37. Reason: added the 2nd bit about blood dlc