Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Terror Attack: 130 Dead in Paris

Default Re: Paris attacks: At least 120 dead

Yazidis's beliefs have also plenty of Zoroastrian elements, a religion which was not recognized as acceptable by the pro-Roman Mohammad.

On your second point, according to the slogans of moderate and not so moderate rebels alike, Christians should get exiled from Syria and Iraq, while the Shias should be massacred indiscriminately.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I find that Jesuischien kinda hilarious really, I apreciate the irony

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    Military solutions appear to be no win.
    USA or allies do drone strikes=> ISIS: "See? We told you THEY are out to kill US"
    USA or allies occupy ISIS territories=> "THEY have occupied our lands, we shall never be free unless we kill them all!"
    Every military action results in grist for the propaganda mill.

If the impetus for the removal of ISIS does not come from within the area, I think it is ultimately doomed to fail.
    Depends on how hard you go in I think. But the state itself isn't a threat, but IS traveling to Europe is, nobody knows who's who

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

This surprised me a bit, Boko Haram were responsible for more deaths last year than ISIS:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...id=mailsignout
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Blog Entries

It makes sense. The nations Boko Haram attack have less anti terrorism capabilities than the ones Daesh operates in, so it's obvious they would have more success.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

No, that's not the case at all. The difference is simply that in population size.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Blog Entries

Monty, west Africa doesn't have more people in it than Europe and the Middle East combined.

It's more likely their body count is due to the lack of anti terror capability countries like Nigeria and Cameroon have compared to nations like France Germany and even Syria.

A lack that is not helped by politicians embezzling massive amounts of the Nigeria's national defense budget.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 11-19-2015 at 13:27.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Greyblades, you seem extremely confused as to what Al-Shabaab is and where it operates, let alone what security resources the countries it afflicts possess.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

...dude, I'm confused? We're talking about Boko Haram not Al-Shabaab.

Boko haram
    Strength: 7,000-10,000
    Area of operations: Northeast Nigeria, Northern Cameroon, Niger, Chad

Even then the nations that Al-Shabaab attack arent that great themselves, nor are they all that numerous.

Al-Shabaab
    Strength: 7,000-9,000
    Area of operations: Southern Somalia,
    Yemen
    Last edited by Greyblades; 11-19-2015 at 13:43.

I replied just before you edited your post.

But you still haven't understood the difference between what has been going on in Africa, and what has been going on in Syria and Iraq.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    This surprised me a bit, Boko Haram were responsible for more deaths last year than ISIS:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...id=mailsignout
    Drugged up psychopaths. IS spares most civilians, Boko Haram just kills everybody

Blog Entries

I replied just before you edited your post.

But you still haven't understood the difference between what has been going on in Africa, and what has been going on in Syria and Iraq.
    For a moment I was confused and thought north Africa counted as everything north of the Congo. I refreshed myself on primary school geography and corrected my misconception.

Either way, unless you're arguing that a smaller population is contributing to their body count (I don't know how that would work.) population size is not a contributor as you claimed.

Care to explain yourself for once?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 11-19-2015 at 13:56.

It is, Boko Haram attacks small villages, not entire towns like IS does. They can cause a lot more trouble with much fewer man. Army can never be on time to save a village.
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-19-2015 at 14:10.

ISIS is a quasi-state. Boko Haram is a guerrilla army.

ISIS kills primarily combatants, on the front lines. Boko Haram kills primarily civilians in bombings and shootings, escaping before they can be targeted by security forces.
    Vitiate Man.

Both are scum of the earth. Apparently the planner of Paris attacks was among the dead of yesterdays police raid at St. Dennis. Good riddance.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34867615
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Strategist and Storyteller Senior Member Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Both are scum of the earth. Apparently the planner of Paris attacks was among the dead of yesterdays police raid at St. Dennis. Good riddance.

I came to ask a question of the multi-culti crowd here. The only politically correct way to report this news is that he was a Belgian citizen, right? So basically, the attacks in Paris were organized by a Belgian.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

amen to that I hope it hurted.

pictures of the victims are soon comming up, going to be hard to watch them but I'm going to anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    When I told this Chinese girl that Germans deem Chinese goods to be of inferior quality, she seemed offended.
    As for what I mean, I'm not sure, maybe I just like anecdotal evidence or exploding accumulators...
    A couple of years ago I talked to a guy who repairs electronics. He said that the quality of the details of Chinese make he buys depends on the markings: if it carries "made in China" on it, it is likely to be crap, but if it has "made in PRC" written on it, its quality is much better. Don't know if it applies to other things produced there.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Why not exchange his Quran with one that looks the same but has only peaceful messages?
    Make sure it is not Mein Kampf by accident, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

At least looks like multiple attacks were planned al over Europe, hardly surprising of course after the current influx of course. Nothing have been comfirmed mind you, but it looks like a bigger plan. In any case it's what I have been expecting (and warned against if you don't mind) for years.
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-19-2015 at 15:39.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Screaming "help me" right before she detonates.

That is some cold blooded shit.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

From the report I saw, all the Paris attackers had been to Syria, except for one who grew up in a notorious ghetto in Belgium. We should bar the return of anyone who's been to the radicalisation hotbeds. If it includes barring genuine refugees, too bad.

Blog Entries

Meet the woman in the American flag hijab

"The message we were trying to portray was that we are Americans, we are Muslims, we are Republicans. We need to be accommodated and accepted," says Ahmed.

Methinks muslims would get less grief if more acted like this woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    ISIS is a quasi-state. Boko Haram is a guerrilla army.

ISIS kills primarily combatants, on the front lines. Boko Haram kills primarily civilians in bombings and shootings, escaping before they can be targeted by security forces.
    Well why didn't you say that in the first place?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    From the report I saw, all the Paris attackers had been to Syria, except for one who grew up in a notorious ghetto in Belgium. We should bar the return of anyone who's been to the radicalisation hotbeds. If it includes barring genuine refugees, too bad.
    Actually I think we should make an exception for those who deserted from Daesh and are trying to get back home. It would be very valuable to have some Muslims with first hand experience of the horrors of the Islamic State telling those who are thinking of leaving for Syria how bad it really is.

Screaming "help me" right before she detonates.

That is some cold blooded shit.
    Could be that she really needed help, these devices often come with something you must squeeze, if you don't squeeze they go of. I wonder if she had a stabbing wound because it's a rather useless place to detonate it yourself

Donald Trump can't shut down the mosques.

I have no problem with her wearing what she wants. Plenty of people would probably spit on her and try to stone her though. Like a large portion of the people she's trying to defend. American Muslims are a very small, highly educated, highly monied minority. They are not their counterparts in Europe.

Could be that she really needed help, these devices often come with something you must squeeze, if you don't squeeze they go of. I wonder if she had a stabbing wound because it's a rather useless place to detonate it yourself

I have a bridge to sell you mijn liefde

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

It's possible, these guys are ruthless. She had a fetish for cowboy-hats by the way, just saying.

It's what I would have done if I were terrorist, stab her in her lower back, you live long enough to get out and faint BOOM
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-19-2015 at 16:26.

Blog Entries

It's also possible her cousin or his associates strapped the bomb to her ala hurt locker, we wont know either way.

Donald Trump can't shut down the mosques.

I have no problem with her wearing what she wants. Plenty of people would probably spit on her and try to stone her though. Like a large portion of the people she's trying to defend. American Muslims are a very small, highly educated, highly monied minority. They are not their counterparts in Europe.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15767-1m4lbgw.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	229.9 KB 
ID:	16979

Well there is UK from Europe in top ten.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 11-19-2015 at 16:29.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

claim

[kleym]
    Spell Syllables

verb (used with object)1.to demand by or as by virtue of a right; demand as a right or as due:to claim an estate by inheritance.

2.to assert and demand the recognition of (a right, title, possession,etc.); assert one's right to:to claim payment for services.

3.to assert or maintain as a fact:She claimed that he was telling the truth.

4.to require as due or fitting:to claim respect.

verb (used without object)5.to make or file a claim:to claim for additional compensation.

noun6.a demand for something as due; an assertion of a right or an allegedright:He made unreasonable claims on the doctor's time.

7.an assertion of something as a fact:He made no claims to originality.

8.a right to claim or demand; a just title to something:His claim to the heavyweight title is disputed.

9.something that is claimed, especially a piece of public land for whichformal request is made for mining or other purposes.

10.a request or demand for payment in accordance with an insurancepolicy, a workers' compensation law, etc.:We filed a claim for compensation from the company.

Idioms11.lay claim to, to declare oneself entitled to:I have never laid claim to being an expert in tax laws.

Default Re: Terror Attack: 130 Dead in Paris

I can buy 10,000 twitter followers who will post from any location I want in about an hour.

Social media is disinformation.

It's possible, these guys are ruthless. She had a fetish for cowboy-hats by the way, just saying.

It's what I would have done if I were terrorist, stab her in her lower back, you live long enough to get out and faint BOOM
    She was also a notorious boozer, apparently. It's weird how the one thing that sticks is "kill the unbelievers" I suppose it's what you hammer home the most.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 11-19-2015 at 16:35.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast