Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of The Snake Cult [Concluded]

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Aria View Post
    Oh gosh I forgot day ends at 4am..
    Whose 4 am?
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    So why aren't you?
    I wanted to see if we could get Cass the non-voter to swing, but now you've dared me. Don't you dare dare me. unvote; vote:General Hankerchief
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Whose 4 am?
    I'm GMT -6 for all who don't know so I won't be around for Day Starts much but I will try to be around for some day ends.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

OOC: Sometimes we get trouble with the timer function, but as I'll be at uni anyway I probably won't be available for the next 12-24 hours.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

I'm GMT -6 for all who don't know so I won't be around for Day Starts much but I will try to be around for some day ends.
    As am I, our host is Australian, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I unvoted btw.
    Okay, super confused until I scoured the thread. Slight formatting miscommunication.

When you unvote, you just say unvote and that cancels your last vote. Then you vote for whoever. If you vote: Example, and then Unvote; vote: Example, you're still voting for the same person, because the GM counts whatever the new vote:____. If that makes sense. I am kind of tired.

Severing is a slight town read and i'm wavering on Cass. General gives me a town gut vibe.
    I like Cass' commentary. But the lack of a vote does bother. I'm giving a bit of town credit on loan until good voting appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    As am I, our host is Australian, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. I'm CST.

Why are people voting El btw? Besides his unreadable status?

I won't be around for the turn's end either usually.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Whose 4 am?

I wanted to see if we could get Cass the non-voter to swing, but now you've dared me. Don't you dare dare me. unvote; vote:General Hankerchief
    So ends the mod of our fair Gameroom. Sentenced to death by that person who has been posting a lot lately aka El Barto aka Takhisis aka RP extraordinaire. He'll probably be missed, possibly. He was the best of us(unless he flips scum, which would make him the worst of us...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unvote: GH

Vote: El Barto

Don't you touch my honeybun.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

So to understand some of you better. I'm going to ask 2 questions to kind of understand where you are coming from.

1. If you are scum how would you approach a closed setup?

2. If you are town how would you approach a closed setup?
    I would mercilessly go after people who seemed suspicious for whatever small or inconspicuous reason until they're either lynched or killed.

Same as above.

Here comes khaan to ruin all the fun. He didn't even vote the right person either, geez. What's your game friend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

Sorry, meant to get back earlier but hectic day.

Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    Meta's kind of a trap like that. It's too useful until you don't have it. You must have someone to settle on. Anyone. The vaguest idea? Someone you'd be at peace dying here if everyone else looked decent.
    Yes. At this point I was thinking gun to head [v]Al Sipsclar[/v] for the reasons previously mentioned, the way he answered my questions/didn't answer questions about his read on Winston later on.

I understand El Barto will be difficult to read, but he amuses me and I'm finding if you look carefully he is kind of making some points - and they're more observations than really driving lynches towards low hanging fruite so I'm happy to keep him around for now. I'm guessing activity/voting patterns in later days will be key to figuring him out.

Beskar answered my questions fully here
    Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    I played regularly on the Org around.. 3 years ago? First time after a long break.

First question is I have never had a game where someone claimed something in-game have in resulting on GM effects on their roles, which is an interesting idea but I have never experienced that in a game before so I am unfamiliar with such a set-up being used.

Second one you pointed out, I was unfamiliar with the term "closed set-up" so I was asking for clarity if it meant "not communicating outside of thread" or simply "unknown quantity of roles" which it was clarified as. So it seems if I used my initial assumption, I would have been answering incorrectly. The latter I usually put that down as 'typical Org mafia game' as we rarely played vanilla, especially in my games.

Eitherway, I am not clueless or intending to be as such.
    The response is essentially null but at least he outright said he's not clueless or intending to be - ergo, he's not hiding behind that and even if he was he can't now because he'll be caught out. I'm not sure yet whether he's more likely scummy or low hanging fruit. My next step is to look at vote trains (I know, I'm cutting it close).

You say that it's not a good vote. I consider all votes on me to be bad votes, by definition. So, we agree that it's not a good vote.

I am unaware of what PAFO stands for, my fair lady.
    Yes, it's Play and Find Out. I like a challenge so ok for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    It's day one. No one should look scummy yet. 5 bucks says that a hapless townie is going to be lynched today, and mafia don't even have to participate in the lynch. They would pull all the tricks to avoid the responsibility. They may happily vote off the wagon or for each other. But sometimes they have to move their vote to avoid being lynched on D1. So, voting early and seeing who voted who and when is important. It is your duty as a townie.

My read on Winston is totally metagamish and not a very definitive one. I might be totally wrong. El Barto is always very entertaining, but hard to tell for me if he's scummy. The only tell I have for him is that the more active he is, the more chances are he's town.
    I don't disagree with the top stuff. But I do find it strange that with all the talk of the importance of voting, your vote remains on me. Why? You put it there after I highlighted your voting anyone who FoS'd you and you haven't taken it off even though I think I've done a good job of explaining my thought process and my concerns. The vote on Raith could have been Towny pressure to reaction fish, but the vote on Edse and I just feel too opportunistic/OMGUS.

I agree with Cass on El making points. I don't think he should be lynched as he will probably have a lot to say later on. He reminds me of my unreadableness on my home site.

0 Khaan:
    0 Nightbringer:
    1 John: Winston Hughes
    1 Scarlett: Autolycus
    1 Winston: Johnhughthom
    1 Cass: El Barto
    1 Severing Viper: Zain
    1 Cass: Al Sipsclar
    2 Raith: Viper, Nightbringer
    2 GeneralHankerchief: Beskar, Raith Kemmler*
    2 Cuthillius: GoldenKnight, Jarema
    2 El Barto: Cuthillius, seireikhaan*

3 Al Sipsclar: edse, Scarlett*, Cass*
    3 Beskar: Landlubber, Csargo, GeneralHankerchief*

This is the vote count as I have it at the moment.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I've had no sleep in over 24 hours and I don't normally do this sort of stuff, please don't trample me if it's wrong!
    . The * are people who moved since the last vote count. Unless something changes, I think Besker is getting lynched here (?is this right?).

I agree with Cass on El making points. I don't think he should be lynched as he will probably have a lot to say later on. He reminds me of my unreadableness on my home site.
    Heh. He reminds me a little bit of a cross between Yates and Moonius tbh. Plus maybe some NotBob, but I don't think you know him.

Is anyone else around?

Quote Originally Posted by Cass_ View Post
    Heh. He reminds me a little bit of a cross between Yates and Moonius tbh. Plus maybe some NotBob, but I don't think you know him.

Is anyone else around?
    How do you see moonious?

I need to sleep soon Cass.

Vote: Al Sipsclar

OmgIfailbutIswearI'mnotasscummyasIlookhere. Adding it anyway in case someone wants to hammer over Beskar.

Day ends in an hour and five minutes (at least I hope thats what the timer is showing!)

Night will be 23 hours, and then we'll get back on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Day ends in an hour and five minutes (at least I hope thats what the timer is showing!)

Night will be 23 hours, and then we'll get back on schedule.
    I never thought I'd say this but... Hooray for Daylight Savings! I'm an hour earlier than I thought!

I'll be around if anyone wants to chat.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cass_ View Post
    The response is essentially null but at least he outright said he's not clueless or intending to be - ergo, he's not hiding behind that and even if he was he can't now because he'll be caught out. I'm not sure yet whether he's more likely scummy or low hanging fruit. My next step is to look at vote trains (I know, I'm cutting it close).
    For what it's worth, I and I'm pretty sure at least a few others were pretty clueless on what exactly you meant by that. Been playing here since '07(though not as long as certain others), and have never seen people refer to setups as open or closed before. Just one of those little meta things that different places have. Believe me, if Beskar had tried pretending he was a noob, that would have been a *very* transparent tactic.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 12-11-2015 at 11:33.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Tally:
    EB (Cuth, Khaan
    JHT (WH
    RK (Sev, Night
    Scarlet (Auto
    Khaan (GH
    Beskar (GH, Csargo
    AL SIps (edse, Scarlet, Cass
    GH (Beskar, Raith, EB
    Cuth (GK, Jarema
    WH (JHT
    Cass ( Al Sips
    Sev (Zain

Cuth 2
    Beskar 3
    El Barto 2
    Severing 1
    Al Sips 3
    General 3
    Cass 1
    JHT 1
    Raith 2
    Scarlett 1
    Winston 1

Should be the tally. Let me see who reached three first out of GH, Al Sips and Beskar.

Okay, Beskar reached three before GH and Al Sips, so he is lynched.

(GH reached 3 first, then Beskar, then GH went to 4, then back down to 3, so therefore Beskar was lynched over GH.

I'm going to change the tie rules as that was a goddamn pain.

From now on, there will be a tiebreaking period after the lynch where the next vote/unvote will decide.

Time for the writeup.
    Last edited by Visor; 12-11-2015 at 12:13.

End of Day One

The court bickered and argued throughout the day on who could possibly have poisoned the Duke. Eventually Beskar was dragged in front of the Court and sentenced to death.

Beskar was lynched!

He was
    town!

Alive:
    1. Jarema
    2. GeneralHankerchief
    3. Golden1Knight
    4. Cuthillius
    5. seireikhaan
    6. Zain
    7. landlubber
    8. edse
    9. Csargo
    10. Raith Kemmler
    12. El Barto
    13. Al Sipsclar
    14. Winston Hughes
    15. Nightbringer
    16. Autolycus
    17. Cass
    18. Johnhughthom
    19. Severing viper
    20. Scarlett Aria

Dead:
    11. Beskar, lynched D1, town.

23 hours for night. Send in your orders.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

I'm telling y'all, the HOST has hinted us... Watch Viper rip my throat out tonight for this...

End of Night One

The Court awoke to find the battered and bloodied corpse of Csargo on the palace floor. Clearly evil was still afoot.

Csargo was killed!

He was
    town!

Alive: 18/20
    1. Jarema
    2. GeneralHankerchief
    3. Golden1Knight
    4. Cuthillius
    5. seireikhaan
    6. Zain
    7. landlubber
    8. edse
    10. Raith Kemmler
    12. El Barto
    13. Al Sipsclar
    14. Winston Hughes
    15. Nightbringer
    16. Autolycus
    17. Cass
    18. Johnhughthom
    19. Severing viper
    20. Scarlett Aria

Dead: 2/20
    11. Beskar, lynched D1, town.
    9. Csargo, killed N1, town.

vote: edse

Initial vote on El Borto looks like an opportunity grabbed.
    Switch to Al Sips isn't bad in itself, but the reasoning seems forced.
    Overall, activity is low and content a bit contrived.

When does night fall?

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast