Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mansion II [on hiatus]

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Default Re: The Mansion II

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    So can I do stuff yet or am I under lock and key for the rest of the game?
    Up to you and your team, I've given all the information on your situation that is necessary at this point.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Theory: we are in the same mansion as Mansion I and those corpses are the last 'contestants'...

Could it be?

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Clarification, the gun did kill the last hostile.

That being said, it did fail previously...

I was thinking you was going to get Leo to kill it with a pistol whip, having given up on those bullets.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

First blood!

What is our next move? Shall we check the front door? Perhaps establish a base/new barricade in the great hall, or perhaps in the dining room? Also, I like the idea of large groups. Beating creatures to death seems an effective way to clean the area, although there will always be casualties, it may be the only way to defeat them.

Any information on the fire in the fireplace, and the documents? What is Khaan's condition? The revolver and ammo need to be examined; what is our bullet count?

We know that it's nighttime right now. Most of us need sleep. We need to divide the rations. Here's what I figure:

The first floor will be crawling with monsters, but if we turn off the lights outside the study, and shut the door to the study, they might just mill around below us without going for the barricade.

It's not clear that all the food was cleaned out yet. Also, we didn't have opportunity to check out most of the 1st floor. There seems to be a basement of some sort, possibly with high-level goodies (but also high-level enemies).

It's not clear what to do outside. Are there other buildings on the premises? We had a pretty easy time taking out those hulks, actually; the only deaths were more like WOG. We might take this round to sleep and eat (with GH, Jarema, and Chox as lookouts). The round after that, we tentatively explore the first floor, this time taking the systematic approach of luring each monster to the top of the stairs, from where the group can knock it back it over the side for a damaging tumble. After that, it should be daytime again and we can consider searching the grounds. I suspect we will find more benefit in securing the entire first floor over time and then going down to the basement to uncover the truth of it all.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

40 units of food, 13 of us- looks like we have enough to give 3 to everyone and have 1 left over.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Default The Mansion II

Notes:
    1. Ammo left, 49, but some of the shots are dead from the revolver chamber.
    2. Khaan's condition is fine, no "turn" (yet... Muahaha )
    3. You all fled in too much of a rush to stop and check the book by the fireplace.
    4. The windows in the sunroom are bulletproof and do not/will not open.
    5. You did not obtain all of the food from the pantry.
    6. I like the way Myrddraal thinks, just saying
    Last edited by Zain; 01-18-2016 at 22:39.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Eating round and then a sleeping round to get out of 0.

Unless someone got a more natural skill for it, I'll investigate the gun and the rounds after eating. Our doctor should check up khaan, and look how the bite mark looks like. Size and appearance.

Are the monsters the same or very similar to the Mansion 1?
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

The monsters are similar, yes.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are khaan and I with the rest of the group or are we still separated considering the previous turn was a "sleep" turn for both of us?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Are khaan and I with the rest of the group or are we still separated considering the previous turn was a "sleep" turn for both of us?
    You slept in the Study, default sleep quarters, which is where everybody else is. Yes.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright, that makes life a little easier. I'll check on khaan, but realistically that shouldn't take more than a minute or two seeing as how a) we're together and b) with everyone else. After that, barring complications (and after I eat) I can be a warm body somewhere else. Since it looks like this turn isn't going to be much more than a "refresh needs" turn then I guess that leaves lookout duty by default, though I'd be open to other options.

Now, as for food:
    40 units
    13 living players

equates to 3 food per person with one unit left over. Any volunteers to take the extra portion? Preferably it won't be someone who we plan on getting killed anytime soon so it doesn't go to waste.

Of course, this division will change if people go to sleep this turn, since that's a full-turn action. Maybe just leave the food in reserve for when they wake up and trust that none of us take second helpings?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Wait, so everyone rushed down and didn't start a fire or creep out to spy, etc. etc.? I thought my orders wouldn't be overridden.

OK, I and a couple others should remain up manning the barricade and starting a fire (Mr. GM, do we suffer from cold?) while the others sleep.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    So can I do stuff yet or am I under lock and key for the rest of the game?
    You can always be used as extra material for the barricade or impromptu projectile/battering ram.

OOC: has anyone played the first Mansion game?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

OOC post: I didn't play, but I read the entire thing. I can't remember all the details so I've been referring back to it, but a couple of key facts:

- The 'hostiles' were little grey men who transformed in to glowing orange giants when angry.
    - IIRC, a lot of the people died in the lobby towards the end of the game (which is why I wondered if we might be in the same mansion)
    - At the end of the game, the survivors met the madman who had coordinated the whole thing. He had created some kind of virus/disease that transformed people into these monstors. The survivors escaped out through the front door, only to discover that they had all been pre-infected with the virus by injection.

If we are in the same Mansion, then I expect the door would be open, but the outside world is not likely to be any friendlier than inside the mansion.

Also, we were clearly put here. Probably by the same person. Probably with a distinct purpose (the first round of contestants were, it appears, being put through a trial by fire so that the strongest could be selected to go and infect the world).

Blog Entries

I'll take an eating phase and with my turn I'll search the library for a book on firearms, see if we can find something that can weed out the duds in our remaining bullets or find out what's wrong with the gun.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 01-19-2016 at 12:27.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

@Zain. Can we eat and sleep in one phase, or is sleeping strictly 100% of all activity for a sleeping phase?

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is a full 4 hours sleep, cannot do both.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

So, following on what Myrddraal said, we have actually seen a non-irritated little grey man. We should find out how/why they transform into the orange things.

Then… a distinct purpose or a different purpose? Our GM is, apparently, a bit of a sadist. we might get a ‘rocks fall, everyone dies’ out of him yet.

OOC: From memory, it didn't really seem possible to stop them transforming. The slightest threat would cause a transformation.

IIRC, early in the first game I think the team did encounter 'hostiles' in their 'passive' form for very brief periods.

That all said, the (three?) orange giants we encountered downstairs were already in their aggressive form, and I'm guessing that after a gun-shot there won't be too many grey men left in the house.

If they can transform into the orange monstrosities we should be able to transform them back. Where's our science guy?

18 hours until showtime, roughly 25 posts... discussion is lacking this turn but I suppose the need to eat and sleep have robbed us of true material this turn...

Blog Entries

Speaking of which, any objections to my "three food per person, if you're sleeping it gets held over until awake" proposal? Keep the leftover unit in reserve for now.

Seems fair enough. We all started with equal food and we're all equally hungry...

OOC I'm still not sure I fully understand the eating mechanics, do we explicitly need to chose when you eat, or do we automatically consume of unit of food per round.

I presume our rested friends will keep watch. Whilst the rest of us sleep.

I think the watchers should keep watch at the top of the rotunda. It is a naturally defendable position that we should try to keep hold of.

I'd like to try heat on the blank books again. If the sun rises leave one in the sun room. If not, put one near the embers of the fire in the sitting room.

I'm tr

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal View Post
    OOC I'm still not sure I fully understand the eating mechanics, do we explicitly need to chose when you eat, or do we automatically consume of unit of food per round.
    I see the confusion and will amend the Stats & Storyline Q&A.

The Food stat is a countdown to "starvation", in which obtaining food units delays that countdown or even adds to it.

Eating orders are not necessary, as that action of "depletion" per turn is automatic and acts as eating 1 unit per turn.

edit:
    Q:A amended, apologies for that confusion.
    Last edited by Zain; 01-20-2016 at 14:27.

To keep watch over the stairs sounds like a good idea, but how is the dumbwaiter? The creatures could use this route to catch us off guard?

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Golden1Knight View Post
    To keep watch over the stairs sounds like a good idea, but how is the dumbwaiter? The creatures could use this route to catch us off guard?
    We could jam the lowering mechanism, like creating a loop on the lowering rope and get a chair leg into the loop.

What can we do this round? Preparation for sleeping seems safest as triggering something bad, while most need to sleep next round is a bad combo.
    I'm going to check to be certain, but having this as a sleeping round would cause starvation, correct Zain? The auto-eating makes things a bit different.

I'll check the gun and cartridges, El Barto checks for books on the topic.
    See if we can get the invisible ink visible.
    Jam the dumbwaiter. I say in a non-permanent way for now.
    Possibly reinforcing out barricade for the staircase.
    Search non-fully searched rooms: The Library and the Sitting Room.
    Our doctor checks up on 'khaan and determines in more detail what bit him. If there's nothing weird with 'khaan, I'll suggest that we release him.
    Stair watch of course.

Anything else?
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    What can we do this round? Preparation for sleeping seems safest as triggering something bad, while most need to sleep next round is a bad combo.
    I'm going to check to be certain, but having this as a sleeping round would cause starvation, correct Zain? The auto-eating makes things a bit different.
    No you cannot starve if you have food.

Basically, eating would take, what, 5 minutes if you're in a hurry?

All non-automatic actions are disabled during sleep rounds, since eating is automatic, eating will commence briefly prior to sleep.

----

Man... I don't remember the previous game's players being so intelligent and asking detailed questions, they just seemed to go with the flow

I don't think the 7-foot beasts are getting into the dumbwaiter, let alone using it to surprise us. Just have the watchers raise it back to the second floor.

Jarema, Choxorn, and GH should be the watchers. Khaan can stay awake and talk to GH, as well as help watch the rotunda. GH, besides talking to Khaan, can keep the fire and continue searching the rotunda.

I don't recommend anyone else stay awake, as everyone besides the three named needs sleep.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

All of us bar three (one who's been bitten) asleep at the same time? Forgive me a moment's paranoia, but isn't that asking for trouble?

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast