Thread: Segesta's rebels turn to be aruernoi !

Default Segesta's rebels turn to be aruernoi !

Hello dear EB team,

I'm probably writing another bullshit but playing SPQR as a true roman (see "the way to conduct as.." from Quintus Sertorius) I decided to take and plunder Segesta in 238 BC (historically : retaliation from ligurian rebels raiding Bononia's area)
    This also was to trigger the polybian reform before I realise that this event wouldn't come same way as in EB1...

Nevertheway playing historically I decided to leave the city with all my troops to recreate a rebel town here as Roman conquest and occupation of liguriae only happened a few decades later..
    But instead of ligurian rebels it was aruernoi ones which appear !!!
    More annoying the aruernoi appearance triggers the event that I'm automatically at war against this faction which is unhistorical at all.

So it seems to be some bug.
    Is it possible that an original rebel town once conquered became the same after being "liberated" ?

Tx for all of your cyclopean work and please don't give up !

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Segesta's rebels turn to be aruernoi !

There is no Ligurian faction; every settlement has an "owner" and "founder" which has to be a faction in the game.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There is no Ligurian faction; every settlement has an "owner" and "founder" which has to be a faction in the game.
    I know that there is no ligurian faction. When I wrote "ligurian rebels" I meant Eleutheroi faction...
    I still wonder why conquered city of SEGESTA(previously under eleutheroi banner) then successfully revolting, naturally turns to belong to the aruernoi faction instead of turning back to his neutral eleutheroi faction ?

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonel klinck View Post
    I know that there is no ligurian faction. When I wrote "ligurian rebels" I meant Eleutheroi faction...
    I still wonder why conquered city of SEGESTA(previously under eleutheroi banner) then successfully revolting, naturally turns to belong to the aruernoi faction instead of turning back to his neutral eleutheroi faction ?
    Because that's the way the revolt mechanics work. Settlements will generally revolt to the Eleutheroi only when they're either already owned by their founder, or their founder is dead.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR