Default Re: IKEA mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    aspiring rappers IIRC
    Are you gonna make me iso him now

geez
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Default Re: IKEA mafia [In Play]

I can give you a game on MU were Zack subbed in and had no problems finding problems with peoples posts pretty much immediately (transformers mafia) as town

so I'm fairly incredulous that someone who has played mafia for longer than me, would (as town) find it hard to believe that he legitimately believes that it is possible to have a wolf read on someone at this point?

if he has that opinion as town i will be utterly mindblown.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Are you gonna make me iso him now

geez
    its more an offhand thing for myself that i remember him doing at times as mafia

in any case i certainly don't associate his town game with that

so I'm fairly incredulous that someone who has played mafia for longer than me, would (as town) find it hard to believe that he legitimately believes that it is possible to have a wolf read on someone at this point?
    this makes no sense

it is supposed to read I find it incredulous that someone who has played probably more games than me and longer than me would legitimately believe it is impossible (or near enough) to have a wolf read on someone this early into the game

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I can give you a game on MU were Zack subbed in and had no problems finding problems with peoples posts pretty much immediately (transformers mafia) as town

if he has that opinion as town i will be utterly mindblown.
    Finding people's posts towny or finding them scummy?

Also at the point in question it was very early day one. It's easier to find a post and go that feels villagery.

Something wolfy is a much lower odds of being correct and it has to be something that you think that person probably doesn't do as town, or give some other explanation like they're doing it again here to give themselves cover.

It's more difficult to explain and harder to be confident about.

I'm looking at Rapper's and he's finding it very easy to be suspicious of people and is granting others the right to find people suspicious.

Maybe it's in a particular post that I'm not seeing. I only looked at the first page of his iso
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Also just as an aside, even if we're both villagers and correctly accusing a scum, there's a problem if we dominate the discussion and argue over trivial things and ask questions that makes each other go bwuh because it's asking to explain a gut feeling or a layer of thought that is impossible to describe properly.

Here's an example of a post where your reaction might be to go WAT and really, just accept that I'm trying to communicate an idea I think is important and twist your brain until it equals good intentions and coming from a townie and probably a good idea.

Plz
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Also at the point in question it was very early day one. It's easier to find a post and go that feels villagery.
    How on EARTH are you defending this?

Are you telling me that you believe that zack believes it difficult to have a wolf read so early?

Are you telling me that you believe he has that thought as a town player?

How on EARTH are you defending this?

Are you telling me that you believe that zack believes it difficult to have a wolf read so early?

Are you telling me that you believe he has that thought as a town player?
    If it wasn't obvious the first five times I said so, yes, I don't see how he's lock scum from that statement, sue me!

I get that you're suspicious of it but literally all you're doing right now is going OMG PIZZA HE'S SO SCUM HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS

And I go ok, connect the dots

And you go HIS EXPERIENCE MEANS ITS IMPOSSIBLE

And I go ok, how so?

I CANT BELIEVE YOU DONT GET IT

Bottom line: Chill the flip out, man! I don't get it.

I DONT GET IT
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Also the org is pissing me off right now it's taking 30-60 seconds to even react to me posting things then it takes another 30-60 seconds to load the page.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFF It's driving me nuts.

Then it does that thing where I'm typing and then my text suddenly starts appearing on the line on top of where I was typing and it's been doing that for months, and I have no idea why it does that and it's beyond infuriating
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Also just as an aside, even if we're both villagers and correctly accusing a scum, there's a problem if we dominate the discussion and argue over trivial things and ask questions that makes each other go bwuh because it's asking to explain a gut feeling or a layer of thought that is impossible to describe properly.

Here's an example of a post where your reaction might be to go WAT and really, just accept that I'm trying to communicate an idea I think is important and twist your brain until it equals good intentions and coming from a townie and probably a good idea.

Plz
    Well yes, I'm sure john will come up with a witty line in response to my posting a lot and that'll keep me n check.

But I want to walk through how you think this is a legitimate thought.

You've played mafia for a while now. You and I BOTH know it is possible to have a wolf read on someone early (it doesn't even matter if it is right), just something you feel strongly about at the time anyway. Zack knows this too. Anyone who has played more than 5 games knows this.

I don't understand how he can legitimately have that thought as a town player. I mean its just utterly, utterly wrong, and not in a villagery way.

Also the org is pissing me off right now it's taking 30-60 seconds to even react to me posting things then it takes another 30-60 seconds to load the page.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFF It's driving me nuts.

Then it does that thing where I'm typing and then my text suddenly starts appearing on the line on top of where I was typing and it's been doing that for months, and I have no idea why it does that and it's beyond infuriating
    yeah nah its shitting me off atm

Fair warning, massive post, and probably 100% uninteresting unless your name is Visor.

Well yes, I'm sure john will come up with a witty line in response to my posting a lot and that'll keep me n check.

But I want to walk through how you think this is a legitimate thought.
    Thank you.

You've played mafia for a while now. You and I BOTH know it is possible to have a wolf read on someone early (it doesn't even matter if it is right), just something you feel strongly about at the time anyway. Zack knows this too. Anyone who has played more than 5 games knows this.
    Yeah. But, "this early" is a very generic idea. So just so I have a better handle on what Im talking about, I'll take another look at this specific circumstance. Specifics are very important. Generically scummy is often wrong because it removes context. Specifically scummy can be refuted because I can see how villager does X, or at the very least I can explain why it's scummy in context.

I don't understand how he can legitimately have that thought as a town player. I mean its just utterly, utterly wrong, and not in a villagery way.
    It is possible for it to be a scum mistake, as you say. But, if I'm a villager talking without a filter, I say whatever's on my mind whether it's sound or makes sense or works always or not. Zack could be saying I don't know how you think this player is scum this early, I don't follow, I don't see it, and his specific phrasing can be taken as "I don't think you can have a scum read this early in a game at all."

So there's ambiguity to the meaning.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Typing all this while waiting for the friggen website to load a single page for me.

Angry-bored, another 30 seconds have gone by.

ok here we go.

My opening post, joke vote, joke vote, random vote, standard reply to joke vote, joke vote, solving post, random vote, joke post, omgus vote, joke post, scummy vote by a scummy person, click next page, wait, become infuriated all over again.

Pg2

Joke post, random vote, continuation, solving question, joke post, vote count, joke post, joke post, random and scummy question, joke post, joke/bait post, Visor votes Jarema. Gives serious reasons. Second vote for Jar-Jar. Fluff. GH talking about the fluff. Gh prolly a wolf. Fluff, fluff, fluff, defensive question, explanation, omgus vote, another random and scummy question, snap retort, Zack says visor is town. Visor says Zack is town. Zack says Visor's list feels weird, visor's townie response to that, Zack's 110 post.

I think this is the one you're talking about. Or one of the ones.

Then: explanation, Zack agreeing to lynch GH, double a piles on jar-jar wagon, Visor asks solving question. Response, Visor repeats question @Zack.

Zack explains his vote is a response to GH saying there can be only one.

So that's a bit of a cop-out, but it's also probably very true if Zack is a townie. That can totally be the reason why his vote is there. Odd EB post. Visor asks if Zack is legit wolf reading GH. From the context I don't think that's the case. EB talks about this situation. Joke post. EB interjects. Zack wonders how you could have a legit wolf read on anyone at this point, 123.

So the bolded is what you're referring to and the not bolded is what else happened.

To be fair there's not a whole lot of posts that give me the ability to read people. Much of the game thus far is low-content, fluffy garbage of the type that is normal and expected. Part of the charm of our site here.

Of those posts,

I saw Jarema's posts which are scummy to null, with much less null, GH's posts which are scummy to null and only slightly more null, and to a lesser extent, El Barto's posts being scummy but much more null. Villagers looked like....

Waiting literally five minutes for the page to load page 1 of this game. Bloody hell.

K now after like a 20 minute break, where was I.

Anyway what I got from my role PM was that I am a townie. I'm not the only one. But Visor is also prolly a townie, as I'm reading. GH null, Raith fine/null, Al looks fine, Zack is fine/null, Jarema is scummy, El Barto is null/scummy, GH starting to look worse, Al looks finer, GH looks pretty bad, Khaan is null/fine, Zack is posting but not heavily invested yet. Double A is fine, Jarema is bad, edse is ok/null, Visor still good, Visor nearly lock town. Punisher is town, he's got good reads imo even if they're consensusy. John's vote could be good if Zack is scum, about the only way you can read his alignment so far. GH looks still unengaged and is giving more posts about himself than about finding scums or townies. Then Visor talks about Zack all page and I go I don't get it all page.

I think it's really possible to have scum leans or town leans this early for obvious reasons.

So that point is very much in Visor's favor.

Am I completely sold that Zack meant you can't find scums this early this game, or this early period? I don't know. And GH still looks worse to me.

But, I do have a lot of folks who look townier than Zack. If GH is town or not, it can be possible for my vote to end up on Zack.

In my original five guesses, they'd be the top two to be removed from play. Khaan / John I'm in no rush, and it would be bad to lynch Golden1Knight before he shows up to play.

Put Jarema as the top and El Barto instead of Golden1Knight, and then move El Barto up two or three spaces.

TL;DR

1. Jarema- legit strong scum read
    2. GH- legit scum read
    3. El Barto- real suspicion
    4. Zack (still not sold)- meh I guess
    5. Khaan only because if he did turn out to be scum I'm super lock clear. Though I don't really care to push it because I should be able to read khaan with more accuracy (lol) in time. Which is a lot of ifs, being me and him both alive in several rounds.

In that order.

I don't really really see Zack as lock scum like you do Visor but after Jarema dies and flips scum, I'd follow you on anyone I don't have a specifically villagery read on. If that's Zack so be it.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

And the org is still pooping itself, and it's nearing time to make pizza for dinner.

Strong opening to the game despite a lack of style or grace or brevity or villagers being 100 percent simpatico.

Can we not self-destruct on the launch pad for a couple of rounds, and end up with a couple of dead scumbags? If so, that'd be super great, because I've been on a lot of losing village teams lately.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Because…?
    Because we're furniture. Obviously.

This just in: You can only multiquote 6 posts at a time, then it starts de-selecting it automatically.

Good jerb
    what the crap

A super early d1 scumread on this site, where all the posts (up to that point) are empty fluff, is crap. It's possible, and you can think it, but that doesn't make it legitimate. To definitively call someone scum based on their one line opener is pretty lol.

What kind of promise do you mean?
    ATPG, you had no reaction to Jarrema's post before visor swooped in. Now he's lock scum? I don't get it.

AdmiralKleenex - 26

This is me.

super town.

Al Sipsclar - 4

basically nothing so far. I don't think him and Jarrema are w/w. I could see a village Al blindly following Visor, but also a scum Al hopping on a mislynch train. Jarrema's flip will reveal more about Al.

null

Askthepizzaguy - 46

Some of his posts are weird. Like calling specific non-posters town, playing dumb wrt visor's reasoning on me, his read on me/gh (that visor pointed out). But it all still seems generally town.

slight town

atheotes - 1

literally just a sign-up post

null

BSmith - 1

null

Choxorn - 2

literally just sign-up post(s)

null

Double A - 9

jarrema vote plus two fluff posts

null

edse - 3

Jarema vote plus nothing

null

El Barto - 18

don't let the number deceive you, it's mostly pre-game. atheotes vote, soft-defends atpg, accuses al of replicating visor's votes, calls me wannabe-gh, asks double a why discussion should be tabled (not recognizing the pun apparently).

Barto's tone seems off, and not in the usual loltakhisis way.

slight scum

GeneralHankerchief - 11

there can only be one, cooler explosion, dreading season 3, asks visor why he thinks gh is scum, defense in 167 seems fine, scumreads me without reasoning, makes nonsensical tunneling accusation.

Seems preoccupied with people's thoughts and actions in relation to himself. The tunneling accusation in particular really does not make any sense and feels off.

slight scum

Golden1Knight - 1

null

Jarema - 4

pizza vote + "why are you making false promises", says to visor "you are better than this" after he votes jarrema.

I don't see anything alignment-indicative from Jarrema. It's well within both his town and scum metas.

null

johnhughthom - 3

votes with gh

null

Punisher - 3

takes offense at someone voting him + agrees with pizza wrt visor + agrees with visor wrt jarrema + votes jarrema.

Pretty low-impact for someone ATPG dragged in here. I do not like it.

slight scum

Raith Kemmler - 3

votes punisher

null

Seireikhaan - 2

votes pizza

null

Visor - 39

lol. The Jarrema read and Zack read, plus general self-righteousness seem town enough coming from visor.

slight town

To summarize:

super town

26 AdmiralKleenex

slight town

46 Askthepizzaguy
    39 Visor

null

9 Double A
    4 Al Sipsclar
    4 Jarema
    3 edse
    3 johnhughthom
    3 Raith Kemmler
    2 choxorn
    2 khaan
    1 atheotes
    1 Bsmith
    1 GoldenKnight

slight scum

18 el barto
    11 gh
    3 punisher

I'm fine with jarema/gh wagons. I'm null on jarema but at this point the spew will be informative.

I do wonder why the setup could handle 13, 15, 17 players but not 14, 16, 18. Interesting. I assume 3 or 4 mafia, but there might be a third-party in there.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, john's playing?

unvote, vote: john

thoughts on speed of jarrema wagon compared to others?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    We should table this discussion for later.
    This post is odd.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

It's a joke on the game's theme.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralKleenex View Post
    thoughts on speed of jarrema wagon compared to others?
    because I don't understand how that wagon grew so quickly when the case is just a tone read based on the two posts jarrema has made, which are maybe 15 words in length combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    Jarema (5) - Visor, Al Sips, Double A, edse, Punisher
    for reference

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    This post is odd.
    gh,

what are your thoughts re: jarrema, punisher, el barto, edse

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralKleenex View Post
    It's a joke on the game's theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack
    gh,

what are your thoughts re: jarrema, punisher, el barto, edse
    Null x4. I miss random thoughtless D1 lynches.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Okay, so literally your only read is that I am scum. Can you expound on that?

Blog Entries

My read is that you're pushing far too hard for D1. Especially because you know how this forum plays. I think you're trying to cement yourself as the town leader this time around, ASAP for whatever reason.

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast