Thread: ATW2: Eastern Empires v0.9 Released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Default ATW2: Eastern Empires v0.9 Released

I've made a v0.9 release of ATW2: Eastern Empires which includes Rise of Persia, Alexander and Successors scenarios. There is a link to it in the downloads thread.

It's v0.9 as there will be further additions (not least some new BIFs from Dimitrios the Samian) to be added before it's a full v1 release.

As usual, point your installer to a new, clean copy of MTW with VI, v2.01. It will install safely over a copy of the Beta version, though saved games will not work due to changes in the prod files (so if you're mid-campaign maybe finish that off first ). As with the Beta, it ought to work with the Steam version of MTW, but be sure to check your screen resolution if you see any strange graphics...

It's not fully tested as a fresh install yet, so please report any problems here should they arise
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Default Re: ATW2: Eastern Empires v0.9 Released

Downloaded !
    Congratulations once again Macsen Rufus .
    A 0.9 is a good idea , so when the new Bifs arrive you can release a full 1.0 & on it goes as more will follow .

Hi everyone! This v0.9 release of ATW2: Eastern Empires is probably the worst since BKB's Age of Warlords. Let me elaborate: I started the mod and was happy to see the new loading screen. I usually experiment with custom battles before playing the main campaign to figure out which faction I would enjoy the most. So I went to custom battles for the Successors scenario only to find that no matter what factions you choose, you will CTD after the loading screen, let alone the many missing unit icons. So I exited and created the missing icons and fired MTW again only to experience the same CTDS. So I gave up on my favourite part of this mod and decided to try Alexander's custom battles only to CTD as soon as I clicked on Alexander in the custom battle's menu. Then I was forced to try my least favourite part of the mod, Rise of Persia only to CTD as soon as the loading screen started.

Having completely given up on custom battles, I tried the Successor campaign and chose the Seleucids and at the end of the loading screen, you guessed it, I CTDed. I tried the Armenians and as soon as I clicked the map, I CTDed again. So I decided to check the Ptolemies and surprisingly I didn't CTD on my first turn cause it happened on turn 4 when I was checking the info pic of one of the new buildings. Luckily I saved the game before the CTD but on turn 6 while checking one of the new units I CTDed because it had no info pic, just like many other units. At that point I simply uninstalled and deleted the mod. Sorry but even a beta should not have been so completely unplayable.

Sorry to hear that, Leith - sounds like something very important is missing from the installer. I shall try a re-install and see what is amiss. For now I will kill the link.

Discussion forum thread

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

yehh Leith ...... maybe you got a corrupt download
    Either way , im sure you'll fix it macsen , we really need our Custom Battles too !

There's definitely stuff missing - I've found most of it already. Let's say it's a good example of why you shouldn't do stuff at 3am....

I'll do v0.91 when I've tested it out myself.

Discussion forum thread

Member thankful for this post: