Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2226

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [Game Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm rather curious as to how I've made your "must-kill" list. C-Snow is the only one I push down one tier, and I agree that GH and novice look less than good. But what has compelled you to rate me so lowly?
    Talking to people more than about them?

IDK, you're not like Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwood View Post
    If you save Pizza by lynching Novice and Novice flips town, where you at then with Pizza?
    I stand by killing Pizza if novice town. Strongly believe one of them should be lynched today.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I'm still not particularly impress with Dp101, ATPG said he'd post himself clear by D3? and I'm not seeing much out of him to feel confident in that assertion by Pizza. His reads post was about the only thing that I've really thought was positive, the rest was pretty meh imo. I won't vote there today because I promised peace in our time, but just saying.

I honestly hated GH's entrance into the thread, it was pretty bad. Didn't like his tone either, or his case on me. Nothing really popped out as townie.

Not sure what it is about Barto, but I'm not a fan this game. Interaction with Fredwood, I thought was just not particularly townie. His tone hasn't been particularly great as of late either.

Feel a bit better about Sooh today, so I don't want to lynch there.

Logic is still slight scummy to me from D1, and hasn't really improved in my memory.

I'd like to lynch in Barto and Logic today I think. I'll give GH the benefit of the doubt and see what happens tomorrow, just like Dp.

Vote:El Barto

I will vote to save Manasi or ATPG, should the tallies not change, because they're my town reads atm. You've been warned.
    Agree with most everything but the last line. Also, Pizza's line about posting myself clear is because I have a history of being massively townread here, which is really inconvenient whenever I have an off game like this one, or roll scum.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

If you save Pizza by lynching Novice and Novice flips town, where you at then with Pizza?
    I'd lynch him tomorrow, no mercy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Member thankful for this post:

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Good man.

Well that's at least there's no hedge there and you lock yourself into an action.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Talking to people more than about them?

IDK, you're not like Pokemon.

I stand by killing Pizza if novice town. Strongly believe one of them should be lynched today.
    I agree with both of these statements. If novice flips town, which I'm still pretty unsure about him, then I'd think Cuth is spot on in his analysis of Pizza. Therefore, he'd need to be lynched asap in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Agree with most everything but the last line. Also, Pizza's line about posting myself clear is because I have a history of being massively townread here, which is really inconvenient whenever I have an off game like this one, or roll scum.
    Fair point.

I'm voting Barto because it's a gutread for me, and I don't have any other way to read him. So I'm putting my vote there, just fyi.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Note: I have gotten no message about being poisoned.

I also have no stated abilities. Just vanilla town here.

So either cuth's lying or poisoning doesn't give a message. Leaning toward the latter since his behavior all game has been excellent enough to clear him.

But still lolCuth.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Note: I have gotten no message about being poisoned.

I also have no stated abilities. Just vanilla town here.

So either cuth's lying or poisoning doesn't give a message. Leaning toward the latter since his behavior all game has been excellent enough to clear him.

But still lolCuth.
    this

was not the answer i expected

but it makes me feel better about your hopefully imminent demise

because if bp town that means low chance of doc

that also means either someone would have had to use some sort of poison neutralizer on you

or ???

Well that's at least there's no hedge there and you lock yourself into an action.
    He's never going to post himself clear, because there's always gonna be doubt about him deceiving you, etc. Like Cuth posted earlier. The only way to clear him is through lynch results imo, which isn't great but ultimately the strongest way to get an accurate result imo. I won't give him a third mislynch.

I think I have a general sense of the tally and that I am in danger of being lynched, but I was skimming.

Last chance to ask me anything. A claim like Cuth's will get me dead and that's going to be a disappointing finish to a promising round.

Guess you have to consider lynching Cuth in final 3 or he might have been the 3rd party that's acting super townie. But it's not lessening my overall town read on him.

When I am lynched

You
    Will
    Look
    At
    My
    Consider
    Their
    Merit.

I honestly couldn't have had a townier game unless I spent 20 straight hours at it like champs.

My body is ready for a silly lynch though. At least I get to shake Jowy's hand in dead chat and apologize to him.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    this

was not the answer i expected

but it makes me feel better about your hopefully imminent demise
    If it went through and there's no message, I'm dead shortly and vanilla town, and you're just as silly about tinfoiling on me as I said.

Which is why I scrolled past all the delightful work you did accusing me.

Good job, good effort. Try to read me better next time. You have a lousy track record guessing my alignment, you big goof.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I think I have a general sense of the tally and that I am in danger of being lynched, but I was skimming.

Last chance to ask me anything. A claim like Cuth's will get me dead and that's going to be a disappointing finish to a promising round.

Guess you have to consider lynching Cuth in final 3 or he might have been the 3rd party that's acting super townie. But it's not lessening my overall town read on him.

When I am lynched

You
    Will
    Look
    At
    My
    Consider
    Their
    Merit.

I honestly couldn't have had a townier game unless I spent 20 straight hours at it like champs.

My body is ready for a silly lynch though. At least I get to shake Jowy's hand in dead chat and apologize to him.
    I said this recently in a MU game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    because if bp town that means low chance of doc

that also means either someone would have had to use some sort of poison neutralizer on you

or ???

Generally people don't use a poison neutralizer until someone's been poisoned, I don't think.

Apothecary or similar type roles tend to cure someone, and then there's also usually a message about being poisoned in the first place.

I want that novice death.

Upon my death, I am ordering you to kill Novice with the fires of a thousand suns as penance for your failure.

Or you can watch him win the game as scum, it's your call.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

When I am lynched

You
    Will
    Look
    At
    My
    Consider
    Their
    Merit.

What do you think of GH's entrance?
    Vitiate Man.

What do you think of GH's entrance?
    Non-impactful to me.

I've been focusing my attention elsewhere and I am pretty sure I need more than 1 catchup phase to read GH.

I won't be around for such a thing.

Also: If there is an apothecary that can cure me of poison, should I not be lynched here:

Do not, and this is not a bluff.

Let the poison happen so you can confirm Cuth's power and claim.

You get an extra lynch, and it proves I was town.

You'd be crazy to cure me. I also get to not do more isos because I'm dead and town.

Don't you dare lynch my town core. Especially if I said you had a tinfoil or were acting "like yourself" this game.

That's pizza code for "I like you, and you're a character, but lol your reads and process in every game"
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Generally people don't use a poison neutralizer until someone's been poisoned, I don't think.

Apothecary or similar type roles tend to cure someone, and then there's also usually a message about being poisoned in the first place.

I want that novice death.

Upon my death, I am ordering you to kill Novice with the fires of a thousand suns as penance for your failure.

Or you can watch him win the game as scum, it's your call.
    all i know

is that i poisoned you, friend

this would literally be the stupidest claim ever if it were fake

Check this D2 from Confections, where novice, GH, and Pizza were scum with Al Sipsclar.

Quote Originally Posted by Synecdoche View Post
    Day 2 Final Vote Tally as of post 504:

Lynch votes
    6 votes: Zack (Cuthillius, BSmith, Dp101, El Barto, Scarlett Aria, GeneralHankerchief)
    5 votes: GeneralHankerchief (NotACop, Askthepizzaguy, Riedquat, Al Sipsclar, Zack)
    1 votes: Al Sipsclar (Sooh)
    1 votes: El Barto (seireikhaan)
    1 votes: Cuthillius (Newyn)
    1 votes: Scarlett Aria (novice)

Voting history:

DAY HAS ENDED. NO MORE POSTING.
    Novice shied away off-wagon, while Pizza and Al Sips hard-bussed their partner GH and got away with it because GH wasn't lynched anyway. Novice shied away off-wagon to avoid tie/association.

Novice in that game was only somewhat similar to now. There he was much more angly and tunnely, and not concerned with solving or giving the appearance of solving. He coordinated quite a bit with his partners in subtly framing their pushes or opinions.

Pizza, do some partner analysis for novice. What was going on behind the scenes D1? What's going on now?
    Vitiate Man.

What are wagons?

Will vote to save pizza on a non-town read.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    So, you will only consider your top 3, plus unnamed others? What gives? This sounds like a non-commital to me.
    Logic here is a good example.

You can't fake this.

I <3 you logic, please don't be mad at me for being my example.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Non-impactful to me.

I've been focusing my attention elsewhere and I am pretty sure I need more than 1 catchup phase to read GH.

I won't be around for such a thing.

Also: If there is an apothecary that can cure me of poison, should I not be lynched here:

Do not, and this is not a bluff.

Let the poison happen so you can confirm Cuth's power and claim.

You get an extra lynch, and it proves I was town.

You'd be crazy to cure me. I also get to not do more isos because I'm dead and town.

Don't you dare lynch my town core. Especially if I said you had a tinfoil or were acting "like yourself" this game.

That's pizza code for "I like you, and you're a character, but lol your reads and process in every game"
    He had only a few posts. Just read his first 8 or so, along with me and Csargo interacting w/ him.
    Vitiate Man.

Logic here is a good example.

You can't fake this.

I <3 you logic, please don't be mad at me for being my example.
    I have a lot of trouble believing you actually believe some of the town reads you've created this game. If we're both somehow alive D3 when my life is back in order I'd very much like to sit down and talk about some of them in very explicit detail even if just to improve my own read on the slot.

Because several posts you're town reading people for kind of make me want them dead.

Pizza, do some partner analysis for novice. What was going on behind the scenes D1? What's going on now?
    Night 2 if I make it there. 20 minutes ain't proper time to do such an analysis and it would be rushed.

I also did a huge post where I examined a tally mid-day one and looked for partner analysis. Off the top of my head there's good analysis there.

It's buried and you have to look for it.

I know it's tough, buddies and all, but if you had a question to ask me I already answered it. It's in my posts.

It will take time, effort, and reading comprehension, but I am extremely okay with the work I did so far being good enough to defend enough townies to have a solid endgame even if I were wrong on novice somehow.

I'd only be halfway through what passes for a championship-worthy town performance these days. I can live with that! (that's irony, because dead pizza)
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Cuth, are you around? Did your action explicitly fail? Like, is there any chance he's going to die from the poison and lynching him is therefore an absolute waste?

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_snow View Post
    What are wagons?

Will vote to save pizza on a non-town read.
    TALLY

----

4 novice (Askthepizzaguy, Logic, Montmorency, Barto)
    4 Askthepizzaguy (Cuthillius, Dp101, Bsmith, Fredwood)
    3 Manasi (Sooh, novice, Winston Hughes)

1 Champ (Crimson_snow)
    1 Sooh (Manasi)
    1 Barto (Csargo)
    1 Csargo (GH)

----

Not Voting:

Not Posting: autolycus

----
    Vitiate Man.

I have a lot of trouble believing you actually believe some of the town reads you've created this game. If we're both somehow alive D3 when my life is back in order I'd very much like to sit down and talk about some of them in very explicit detail even if just to improve my own read on the slot.

Because several posts you're town reading people for kind of make me want them dead.

How well do you know Logic?

I don't even know him that well.

But I've played several games with him and my meta on him leads me to all these conclusions.

He's just that straightforward. It's a good quality. If he's acting, it's acting so subtle that it makes me want to give him an Oscar.

It's no Jim Carrey performance, that's for sure.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Official Tally as of #1316

----

Day 2 ends in:

----

4 Askthepizzaguy (Cuthillius, Dp101, BSmith, Fredwood)
    4 novice (Askthepizzaguy, Logic, Montmorency, El Barto)

3 Manasi (Sooh, novice, Winston Hughes)

1 Csargo (GeneralHankerchief)
    1 El Barto (Csargo)
    1 GeneralHankerchief (crimson_snow -- vote for champ counts for gh)
    1 Sooh (Manasi)

----

Not Voting: n/a

Not Posting: autolycus

----

If you notice anything wrong, PM me.
    Last edited by Zack; 06-26-2017 at 05:49.

Yeah, I don't...think I want to touch that Novice wagon. It's Pizza and 3 players in my PoE.

Vote: Manasi

Fo' fo' fo'.

Yeah, I don't...think I want to touch that Novice wagon. It's Pizza and 3 players in my PoE.

Vote: Manasi

Fo' fo' fo'.
    So you'd rather tie 3 wagons????

What about the BP?
    Vitiate Man.

Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast