Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
If the UK were within this effort and contributing our expertise, then the EU's efforts may be more effective. Policy-wise, the UK is the money-laundering centre of the world. This isn't due to lack of expertise, but due to intentional policy. And if we were to agree to work towards this ideal that you said you'd like, then because of our experience in aiding money-laundering, we'd also have the most expertise in reducing it. So once again, you describe an ideal and blame the EU for not being able to live up to it, when it's the UK which has the greatest part in thwarting this ideal of yours.
I'd be interested to see where it states the UK is the Capital.

Ireland shelters Apple.
Netherlands for Starbucks.

Lichtenstein is another. Monaco. Several States in the USA are very useful. Yes, many British Overseas Territories. And the Seychelles. Malta. Cyprus. Quite the list!

And all those bright minds doing it come from all over the world. Probably most of them are not resident here - possibly not anywhere.

My ideal?? I didn't draft the EU rules they are pushing through. I merely point out that there are enough countries inside the EU who don't want it to proceed - and certainly enough outside of it that make this a lovely PR stunt that keeps a lot of bureaucrats employed without really doing anything.