Thread: "A warning from the Pope" Question

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

Ok he officaly warned me not to attack the Aregonese anymore, and recall my troops withing 2 years, I beat them and they have 15 troops in the Aragon castle, can I take that, make the province mine and still please the Pope withing 2 years or do I need to give thier province back? thanks
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

If the two years is at least a year from expiring then use the last year to send a team to take the castle. If you can manage to wipeout the faction before the two years are up then the pope will forget all about the endevor and you won't be excomunicated. This is what I did to the Argonese. Hope this helps =)
    Messenger of the RTK clan

Being a Hero means you don't need a reason to help people.

Ok thanks, I;ll try it out, I have 2 turns (years left) I'll invade the castle on turn 1.
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

If you have a spy handy, you could send him in to open the gates at night. That would save you the battle and probably get in before the 2 yr limit.
    Life's a beach, then you get sand in your crack

Stupid limit, it should be 3 to 5 years i think.

2 years is not enough to finish your business

Slapshooter Senior Member el_slapper's Avatar

It's another limit that prevents the game from being too easy. Bah. Last campaign, I did conquer GB with 1 attack every 12 years. It's slower, but it does work.
    War is not about who is right, only about who is left

Having a point of view upon everything is good
    Having a view upon every point is better

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (el_slapper @ Jan. 22 2003,10:00)]It's another limit that prevents the game from being too easy. Bah. Last campaign, I did conquer GB with 1 attack every 12 years. It's slower, but it does work.
    Oh, mon grand general [/B]el_slapper[B]

What do you have against the English? - Naptha, I suppose.
    But honestly, try to let them live, for the sake of the
    100 Years War and the insidious little naval attacks and invasions into Flanders...
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

Slapshooter Senior Member el_slapper's Avatar

Ahem, when you play the french, you HAVE to wipe out the english - and when you play the English you have to wipe the french out(did it twice - I don't stick to play my homeland, I like changes). The way the game is done, there is no place for both - especially in early.

If they had invaded Ireland, I would have let it to them(automatic peace + trade income as a new customer). But I could not afford to let the mainland in their hands. No potential enemy in my back.
    War is not about who is right, only about who is left

Having a point of view upon everything is good
    Having a view upon every point is better

Lol minikiller i could never remember the player who played in a 4v4 with me vs 4 fears when we had 2 newbie allys on bkvalley it was u Just something that has been nipping away at me Was one of my fav games that 1

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Lost in Filesystem Member einar's Avatar

In my current french campaign i attacked aquitaine, Normandy and Anjou, i conquered the three provinces and the pope didn't excommunicate me. Then, the aragonese attacked me. After i retreated to my castle i came back with reinforcements and i reconquered toulouse. The pope didn't excommunicate neither the aragonese nor me. After that, the germans attacked me and i won. I invaded HRE and i conquered Lorena, Burgundy and Provence. The pope didn't excommunicate anybody again.

What is happening in this campaign???. I love this pope i 'll try to conquer all the HRE
    Rekisteröitynyt Linux käyttäjä nro 221083
    http://barrapunto.com/index.pl?secti...einarmatveinen

Lightbulb

Oh mon dieu, el_slapper

I don't know how you do it, but I've played two campaigns (Early and High) with both the French and the English, and it works. In my last campaign as English, for example, I was even allied with France and defended against Spain and Hungary, the HRE had collapsed.
    French had Ile de France, Burgundy, Anjou, Toulouse and the northern coast regions except for Flanders (I'm not that trustful), and I held Aquitaine, Navarre and Aragon.
    So it is possible, just show a little love, and maybe a spy or two when needed

Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

SWOOSH I remember that to, lol I was in the middle on one of our go rounds and i made a box, lol anyway whats going on? we should do 4 on 4 for MtW lol in a few days i am going online for the first time.

Sorry peep i was online last week but ament anymore i wont be untill i move house So see ya sometime in the foyer

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha