http://und-athens.com/journal/silly-...z9U7KwHfcVws7M

tldr: a couple of young actresses pretended to be college pupils, in order to participate in the military-style parade for the celebration about the beginning of WWII. When they reached the VIP stand, they started to make weird noises and walk in a bizarre fashion, instead of the usual goose manner. In their manifesto, they explained that the point of their performance was to criticize the inherent militarism of school parades, which violates modern humanitarian values.

Nationalists had a heart attack and resorted to a remarkable variety of threats and swearing, but even moderate conservatives condemned them for ridiculing those honoured in the parade. In my opinion though, their intervention aimed at how the celebration occur and was not a jab at the victims of WWII. I believe it's a valid criticism against an obsolete tradition with fascist roots. That being said, the alleged connection of Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walking with shell-shock seems completely bogus, unless I'm missing something. It was not a contemporary issue and probably the only inspiration of the sketch was the comedians' imaginative sense of humour.