Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cereal killer mafia

Default Cereal killer mafia

Hi folks, this your chill postcapped game where you get to shitpost 49 times and then have 1 read? Or uh, anyway.

Playerlist

1. @Montmorency
    2. @Totally not Taffy
    3. @Visor
    4. @Raskolnikov
    5. @nebjiamn r. @Sleep
    6. @ladd
    7. @EnderWiggin
    8. @Wisdom
    9. @El Barto
    10. @Jan
    11. @Kagemusha r. @Cape90
    12. @Syn
    13. @Suibian

Rules

1. 50 postcap, lifted 1 hour before EoD. EoD is:
    12:00 for UTC+11 (AEDT)
    21:00 for UTC-4 (EDT)
    03:00 for UTC+2 (CEST)

2. This is a normal 10:3 closed setup with full flips. The flavor of this game is “cereal.” VTs are “vanilla cereals,” wolves are “cereal killers.” Flavor names will be assigned randomly and have no bearing on alignment or role. Flavor is purely optional and for my own amusement.

3. Day phases will last 48 hours, Night phases will last 24 hours. There will be a 24 hour pregame period. Wolves have daytalk at all times, including pregame.

4. Do not lie about real-life commitments. Similarly, do not question the validity of other players’ real-life commitments. If you will be inactive for a prolonged period of time, inform the game host so you can be replaced.

5. Mafia is a game of analysis - removing a player’s ability to analyze things is against the spirit of the game. Keep references that only a handful of players would understand to a minimum. Encoded messages, hidden text, and other such methods are a no-no. Everything you have to say or not say should be clearly readable in your post by anyone.

6. You may thank posts (but do it responsibly). Do not edit your posts. Do not quote information directly from moderator communication, your role PM, private chats, or any other sources of game communication outside the main game thread. Only living players may post in the game thread. Do not post in the game thread during the Night phase.

7. You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator, unless you're explicitly allowed to do so by the game moderator. This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game-related. Any game-related questions should be asked privately to the moderator. Do not talk about your conversations with the moderator in any game thread.

8. Do not use out-of-game information (such as Discord, other forum activity, other mafia activity, or real-life activity) to generate reads. Do not use out-of-game information to exert pressure or influence on this game. Do not mention out of game information in the context of explaining or speculating on a player’s alignment in this game.

9. Votes must be bolded and on a separate line using this format: Vote: player. Any votes not following this format will not be counted. You will be rewarded with frequent and (probably) accurate vote counts. :00 good, :01 bad. Votes made after modpost saying stop posting will not be counted.

10. Majority votes will not cause a yeet until YoLo, (you’re goddamn right) where votes will be locked. The player with the most votes at deadline will be yeeted. In the event of a tie, the yeet will be randed between the tied wagons by the game moderator.

11. Do not fake daytime activations. There may or may not be daytime abilities, but faking them will get you a Stern Warning or possibly modkilled.

12. If you believe a player is violating one of these rules by the letter, or in spirit, contact the game moderator privately. Do NOT address the potential violation in the thread, proceed on normally.

13. Moderator decisions are final.

14. Try to keep the game fun for everyone, since that's why we're all here.

Sample town role PM
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Vanilla cereal, in the form of:
    Fruit loops
    Last time, Toucan Sam was on the run from a fruit-crazed pimp named Octavio Paz, who was also a literary critic (before he was (reportedly) killed in a duel, although truthfully he simply failed to show up) when he wasn’t a pimp, and who was (and still is to this day) searching ravenously for a balanced breakfast. Toucan Sam and a Chilean poet, who later forgets to mention that Toucan Sam ever existed, cross the deserts of Sonora together with Wasalu Muhammad Jaco, American rapper and record producer, the three of them also searching, desperately, not for a balanced breakfast, but for the ultimate fruity flavor. It’s somewhere out there, says Toucan Sam, gesturing impotently at the empty landscape, but no one believes him, not even himself. They believe in the act of searching, though, and in the act of dreaming even more than the act of believing, and so their search goes in circles for a long time. Eventually, all three of them forget to mention that the toucan ever existed, and then they forget the pimp and the poet, too. Will you succeed where Wasalu Muhammad Jaco and the others failed? You can help find the ultimate fruity flavor by going to Toucansam dot com. Ask your parents’ permission.

::)::

You’ve always been afraid of death. Please don’t kill me, you whisper prayerfully to the night, but you know it ignores you. Sometimes a strange longing takes you, and for a moment you believe you’re about to meet your end. “Aquí está,” you say out loud. “Los asesinos en cereales me llevan.”

One day, as the rising sun peeks through your huddled cardboard covers, you have an epiphany, or at least a thought. “Soy le defensore de les despoetices,” you proclaim convincingly. “Y nadie puede silenciarme. ¡Adelante, mi arma es mi voz!” You emerge from your dusty fortress into the dawnlit lands and set out ayonder with tongue in hand. You may be a little bland, but you certainly have an appetite.

You win when all threats to cereal have been eaten.

Votals and flips:
    Votal 1.1
    Votal 1.2
    Votal 1.3
    Votal 1.4
    Votal 1.5
    Votal 1.6
    Votal 1.7 - EoD1
    Day 1: El Barto was a Mafia Goon.
    Night 1: Montmorency was a Vanilla Townie.
    Votal 2.1
    Votal 2.2
    Votal 2.3
    Votal 2.4
    Votal 2.5
    Votal 2.6 - EoD2
    Day 2: Wisdom was a Vanilla Townie.
    Night 2: Taffy was a Vanilla Townie.
    Votal 3.0
    Votal 3.01b
    Votal 3.3
    Votal 3.4
    Votal 3.5
    Votal 3.6
    Votal 3.7 - EoD3
    Day 3: Sleep was a Mafia Goon.
    Night 3: Syn was a Town 1-shot Vigilante.
    Votal 4.1
    Votal 4.2
    Votal 4.3
    Votal 4.4 - EoD4
    Day 4: Cape was a Vanilla Townie.
    Night 4: Visor was a Vanilla Townie.
    Votal 5.1
    Votal 5.2
    Votal 5.3
    Votal 5.4 - EoD5
    Day 5: Raskolnikov was a Vanilla Townie.
    Night 5: Suibian was a Vanilla Townie.
    Votal 6.1
    Votal 6.2
    Votal 6.3
    Votal 6.4
    Votal 6.5 - EoD6
    Day 6: Ender was a Mafia 1-shot Vest Giver.
    Game over, Town wins.
    Last edited by Gemma; 11-11-2023 at 09:52.

Default Re: Cereal killer mafia

Day 1 start timer

Game is in pregame until tomorrow, no posting etc.

Members thankful for this post (3):

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

Hello friendos
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

So some things.

No idea how to read into cuth not playing this when he, all dubious scenarii aside, just reviewed a mountainous setup and advised noob Gemma to put 6 wolves in a 13er. I wonder if this is genuine or appearing to be busy to buy himself time before the next embarassement? Cuth are we having a pokemash moment or a smas all stars moment? Hard to tell with you tbh

Anyway much has been made on MU about my skill issues as it were. Jokes on you I took a binding vow at the beginning of 2023 that every time in a game I mention I am flawed, I have imperfect skills, and I have weaknesses my skills actually sharpen and I bend reality to make it so my team always wins.

I am 24-1 this year. The 1 is Anni where town lost because they didn't shoot my top suspect after I died n1 and he power wolfed. I am 15-1 as town. 9-0 as wolf. I am skilled, calm, and ferociously violent as either alignment if need be but mostly chill and here for a good time not a long time. I believe my town game is crisper than ever and my ability to both lead and follow has improved. My read are crystal-like in their clarity and I re evaluate very well these days. As scum my games and the fear I leave behind will speak for themselves.

Ok, so clearly I literally know I am awesome. So what's the deal with what I said in past games? All of that I just rambled about is true but also I recognize that I DO struggle more without meta at times and I do often use posting to help me in scum hunting through real time interactions and sneaky lines of inquiry and play. 50 postcap feels rough compared to I believe the 80 or 100 of the previous game.

Also, I think it should be pretty obvious that fake solving as a wolf and actually figuring out people are very different experiences with limited posts. And if they aren't then they are to me. I guess you can murder me if you want if you think for some weird reason wolf Raskol fakes this sentiment and then proceeds to do his best to solve before post capping. Don't really get it tbh. That post cap doesn't obstruct me from wolfing because I just need to fake solve. I worry for this post cap because I need to actually solve. I feel we may be speaking different languages. Just FYI. My solving has clearly at this point been eventful. Sorry for showing a little humility I guess I can turn up the ego if you like lmao. I know that's not what you are thinking yeah yeah, it is just the ultimate mountain out of a mole hill and would never be wolf indicative for me. My posting after won't really fit into this narrative as I will do my best Anyway yknow?
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Member thankful for this post:

Visor 

Day 1 has started!

EoD1 timer

OK so now that some wisdom has been brought to the thread, and it's been clearly and undoubtfully established I am villagery, I shall go to sleep.

Oh my bad, nearly forgot (bear with me, it's late) Vote: Visor

I am 24-2 this year.

fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    OK so now that some wisdom has been brought to the thread, and it's been clearly and undoubtfully established I am villagery, I shall go to sleep.

Oh my bad, nearly forgot (bear with me, it's late) Vote: Visor

Votes must be bolded and on a separate line

Great vote otherwise.

Hello

Vote: Jan

Hi Jan Hi! It's nice to see you again.

I think the only people I have played with here are Visor and Jan. That was a really long time ago though; you guys might not remember me. I usually go by Tammy.

Will y'all consider it a scum tell and string me up if I admit that I hate cereal and secretly hope the scum team destroys this abomination that calls itself food? Because I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Suibian View Post
    Vote: Jan

Hi Jan Hi! It's nice to see you again.

I think the only people I have played with here are Visor and Jan. That was a really long time ago though; you guys might not remember me. I usually go by Tammy.

Will y'all consider it a scum tell and string me up if I admit that I hate cereal and secretly hope the scum team destroys this abomination that calls itself food? Because I do.
    Ello! That is a proper vote. Well done!
    And yes I remember Tammy!
    This is the first time I have left my ww retirement home (outside of the odd mash once or twice a year) in a while!

I have times when I eat cereals daily and times when I don't eat any for a long time. No judgment from me!
    But that really applies to most of my food habits.
    On a more important note wouldn't the scum eat/kill the cereal while the village ignores it?

I am awake because I make bad choices.

Vote: Raskolnikov

vote: Raskolnikov

wolfing

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    1. 50 postcap, lifted 1 hour before EoD. EoD is:
    Damn, I've been sold a pup!

You’ve always been afraid of death. Please don’t kill me, you whisper prayerfully to the night, but you know it ignores you. Sometimes a strange longing takes you, and for a moment you believe you’re about to meet your end. “Aquí está,” you say out loud. “Los asesinos en cereales me llevan.”

One day, as the rising sun peeks through your huddled cardboard covers, you have an epiphany, or at least a thought. “Soy le defensore de les despoetices,” you proclaim convincingly. “Y nadie puede silenciarme. ¡Adelante, mi arma es mi voz!” You emerge from your dusty fortress into the dawnlit lands and set out ayonder with tongue in hand. You may be a little bland, but you certainly have an appetite.

You win when all threats to cereal have been eaten.
    Game is in pregame until tomorrow, no posting etc.
    I suppose I missed my chance to ask whether all of us are quasi-Spanish speakers.

Anyway much has been made on MU about my skill issues as it were. Jokes on you I took a binding vow at the beginning of 2023 that every time in a game I mention I am flawed, I have imperfect skills, and I have weaknesses my skills actually sharpen and I bend reality to make it so my team always wins.
    What happened on MU?

Anyway, either this was copypasta or Rask is partners with Cuth.

Vote: Rask
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

HYPE!

I suppose I don't need to play. No one does. Rask got this!

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Damn, I've been sold a pup!

I suppose I missed my chance to ask whether all of us are quasi-Spanish speakers.

What happened on MU?

Anyway, either this was copypasta or Rask is partners with Cuth.

Vote: Rask
    this is also wolfing

Vote: Monty

I want you all to know I had to google my cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    this is also wolfing
    Quote Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
    Vote: Monty

I want you all to know I had to google my cereal.
    Either rvs on a friend or piling on as an excuse. Time will tell. But it looks telling.

Good morning friendos and welcome to the finally out of retirement newcomers. (been there lol)

Yes Monty, this was a special edition of an Achro post from the last game lol.

I've determined through expert skill exercice that Syn is town.

Vote: Visor

Get in here pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
    HYPE!

I suppose I don't need to play. No one does. Rask got this!
    Soap Wis. NGL this got me pinged. Enjoy the tunnel ;)

Bisous bisous

Vote: Visor

Get in here pal.
    Give me Mahomes

Hi Tammy, long time no see

Sup Jan, glad y'all made it to our neck of the woods

vote: raskol j'accuse

I thought Monty was in the Achro game tbh.

The good news is that if syn is a wolf Monty and rask are his partners

sap friends and benneh

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Sup Jan, glad y'all made it to our neck of the woods
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	26642  

but on the other hand

Vote: ladd

but on the other hand

Vote: ladd

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	26643  

The good news is that if syn is a wolf Monty and rask are his partners
    How about Monty is a wolf, syn town, and taffy secretly loves me?

Quote Originally Posted by ladd View Post

Name:	tumblr_m6ocjglvuE1rarrc6o1_500.gif 
Views:	30 
Size:	492.1 KB 
ID:	26644  

ladd 

Quote Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
    I thought Monty was in the Achro game tbh.
    what would that do for you?

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast