Page 1 of 95 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 17er Saints and Martyrs

Default 17er Saints and Martyrs

Welcome to the Valentine game, thank you for signing up!

Rules and information:

• Phases are 48/24, the game starts tomorrow 12 February and SoD/EoD is at 15:00 CET (this should be 9am in New York and 1am in Canberra)
    • Please respect the 50 posts per day postcap, it will be released one hour before EoD.
    • Please use the Vote: Taffy format. As usual, :00 posts/votes are good, :01 posts/votes bad.
    • Tied votes will be decided at random.
    • Starting D2 you will be able to end the day early with a majority vote, but not before every living player has posted.
    • Please do not post at night or after dying unless you have a power that explicitly says you can.
    • Please do not quote or screenshot from discord or other forms of host communication. Paraphrasing is fine.
    • Please do not talk to the other players outside of the channels I created for that purpose.
    • Please don't edit posts.
    • Night actions are due one hour before SoD.
    • The following roles are not part of the setup: Serial Killer, Survivor, Jester, Miller, Godfather, Janitor, Cultist or other sources of fake flips/recruitment.
    • You will receive your roles shortly through discord dm, and they will have one of the following formats:

• If your circumstances have changed and you cannot play, please tell me before game start and I will try to find a sub for you.
    • Any players who zero post D1 and are unresponsive on discord will be mod killed N1 showing alignment only. If this happens to a PR the role will get reranded.
    • Please be respectful of your fellow players. Remember to attack arguments, not people.

Player List (unspoiled)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. Ender
    2. Visor
    3. Wisdom
    4. Syn
    5. Raskolnikov
    6. Dyachei
    7. Murska
    8. Logic
    9. Arctic
    10. Ladd
    11. Vanta Black
    12. Jan
    13. Zack
    14. GH
    15. Hally
    16. Benneh
    17. Gemma

Links:

Day 1: 24hr VC 36hr VC 47hr VC Final VC
    Day 2: Start 12hr VC 24hr VC 39hr VC 47hr VC Final VC
    Day 3: Start 12hr VC Final VC
    Day 4: Start 12hr VC 24hr VC 36hr VC 47hr VC Final VC
    Day 5: Start Final VC
    Day 6: Start 12hr VC 24hr VC Final VC
    Day 7: Start 12hr VC 36hr VC 47hr VC Final VC
    Day 8: Start 24hr VC End

Flips (spoiled)
    1. D1: Syn (mafia backup)
    2. N1: Zack (vanilla town)
    3. D2: Visor (mafia PR)
    4. N2: Jan (town PR)
    5. D3: GH (vanilla town)
    6. N3: Ladd (town PR)
    7. D4: Logic (vanilla town)
    8. D5: Gemma (mafia PR)
    9. N5: Murska (town PR)
    10. D6: Wisdom (vanilla town)
    11. N6: Benneh (vanilla town)
    12. D7: Vanta (vanilla town)
    13. N7: Raskolnikov (vanilla town)
    14. D8: Ender (vanilla town)
    15. Alive: Arctic (vanilla town)
    16. Alive: Dyachei (vanilla town)
    17. Alive: Hally (wolf PR)
    Last edited by Totally not Taffy; 02-29-2024 at 21:17.

Default Re: 17er Saints and Martyrs

Dear Readers,

It is with great joy that I present to you my humble collection of hagiographies of some of our lesser-known (though certainly not lesser!) saints and martyrs. Together we shall explore the exciting lives of these exalted defenders of the faith and their often woeful yet immer inspiring demise.

My sincerest thanks go to Professor Doctor Emeritus Chaton, whose depth of knowledge on the subject was invaluable in tracking down and verifying some of the more obscure stories I am proud to include here, and without whose feedback my work could not boast half its academic merit. Of course none of it had been possible without the relentless support of my husband, whose cooking kept me going through the darkest hours of my research. Finally, all my love to my cat Arwen, forever ready to pur in my lap and walk on my keyboard to provide the necessary breaks.

Without further ado, let's get started!

Pings

Good Luck & Have Fun!

cat!

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

Sup friendos
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    cat!
    dog

Quote Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
    dog
    wolf?

hi
    i won't usually be around at this time but i have a break between classes and nothing to do at this moment so i've elected to be the bozo who wastes half their posts during the start of the phase

umm anyway
    wow this playerlist is kinda scary i'm glad i didn't rand mafia.. haha

wolf?
    Coyote!

This is your Totally Not Sus Post-Rand Reminder that EOD/SOD is 1am for me so good luck me being around when it happens.

... What do you mean "that means I'm awake at 1am right now". Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    hi
    i won't usually be around at this time but i have a break between classes and nothing to do at this moment so i've elected to be the bozo who wastes half their posts during the start of the phase

umm anyway
    haha!
    Yeah right.

good luck. you will need it.

man i have nothing funny to say this sucks

Quote Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
    This is your Totally Not Sus Post-Rand Reminder that EOD/SOD is 1am for me so good luck me being around when it happens.

... What do you mean "that means I'm awake at 1am right now". Shut up.
    Just commit to the selfvote early and hope the is no cfd.

vote: Arctic
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

*haha

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hardclaim Insane Bus Driver

I pick two people to shield and the actual bus drive is randed between everyone else still alive

tremble in fury at my powers over order and chaos
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    i just said i didn't rand mafia.... why would you vote me.... i wouldn't lie.................

Talking about Saints and Sinners Martyrs ..

What is everyone's favourite Nicolas Cage movie and why?

Doesn't need to be the best. Best is a kind of boring answer when talking about such a wonderful actor.

i'm so gonna get killed for these posts wow
    i can't entertain myself in rvs without being avoidably wolfy

i'm so gonna get killed for these posts wow
    i can't entertain myself in rvs without being avoidably wolfy
    At least you are purposefully wolfy! Imagine if you couldn't help yourself. That would be rather embarrassing.

Doesn't need to be the best. Best is a kind of boring answer when talking about such a wonderful actor.
    dead by daylight is my favourite nicholas cage movie

dead by daylight is my favourite nicholas cage movie
    You could have said "Goo Goo Dolls - Iris" and made your mom proud while still being a quirky weirdo.

To each their own.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nic Cage's greatness cannot be confined to a mere movie. I, erudite Cage connoisseur that I am (), prefer this montage of his best freakouts:

"I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

He might be the only white dude who can make a non-racist black-face work.

Ladd McConkey brings all the athleticism and route-running traits to be a high-quality receiver, but size and strength could limit his potential.

Ladd is one of the better route-runners in the 2024 draft class. His quick feet, smooth hips and instant acceleration allow him to run any route effectively. Ladd particularly excelled running digs, posts and comebacks at Georgia thanks to his acceleration, which helped him put defensive backs on their back foot immediately. The detail in many of his routes is advanced for a player his age.

On top of that, Ladd shows solid hands. He has the concentration ability to find the ball and hang onto it through traffic, which will be of great value for someone who does most of their work to the intermediate range.

However, Ladd loses plenty of reps for one reason or another due to his lack of size and strength.

At the line of scrimmage, Ladd has no ability to fight through contact or use his frame to push off DBs. There are too many instances where a DB gets hands on Ladd and the rep is over right away.

Likewise, Ladd is not a ball-winner in the air. He just does not have the length, strength or explosive leaping ability to go up for the ball in the air. Contested catches will not be in his bag of tricks in the NFL.

Ladd can be a good slot/Z type in the NFL. He can play both inside and out, he is a highly effective route-runner and his hands are reliable enough. With that said, Ladd's lack of size and strength will likely limit him to being a complementary piece rather than a core part of his future offense.

GRADE: 7.1 (High-Level Backup/Potential Starter — 3rd Round)

OVERALL RANK: 65

POSITION RANK: WR12

PRO COMPARISON: Diontae Johnson

Members thankful for this post (2):

Zack's memeing about Ladd and GH hosting Cage's movie reviews, Arctic in shambles. woofs outed folks. Will be quick

nah, I am only serious about Arctic.

Hi all.

Who's that Case Aniclog?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Ladd McConkey brings all the athleticism and route-running traits to be a high-quality receiver, but size and strength could limit his potential.

Ladd is one of the better route-runners in the 2024 draft class. His quick feet, smooth hips and instant acceleration allow him to run any route effectively. Ladd particularly excelled running digs, posts and comebacks at Georgia thanks to his acceleration, which helped him put defensive backs on their back foot immediately. The detail in many of his routes is advanced for a player his age.

On top of that, Ladd shows solid hands. He has the concentration ability to find the ball and hang onto it through traffic, which will be of great value for someone who does most of their work to the intermediate range.

However, Ladd loses plenty of reps for one reason or another due to his lack of size and strength.

At the line of scrimmage, Ladd has no ability to fight through contact or use his frame to push off DBs. There are too many instances where a DB gets hands on Ladd and the rep is over right away.

Likewise, Ladd is not a ball-winner in the air. He just does not have the length, strength or explosive leaping ability to go up for the ball in the air. Contested catches will not be in his bag of tricks in the NFL.

Ladd can be a good slot/Z type in the NFL. He can play both inside and out, he is a highly effective route-runner and his hands are reliable enough. With that said, Ladd's lack of size and strength will likely limit him to being a complementary piece rather than a core part of his future offense.

GRADE: 7.1 (High-Level Backup/Potential Starter — 3rd Round)

OVERALL RANK: 65

POSITION RANK: WR12

PRO COMPARISON: Diontae Johnson

You could have said "Goo Goo Dolls - Iris" and made your mom proud while still being a quirky weirdo.

To each their own.
    I understood that reference! good song!

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Hi all.

Who's that Case Aniclog?
    quick somebody else vote me so i can tunnel someone with the justification being an arbitrary tell that the first 3-vote wagon contains exactly 1 wolf (ignore that this tends to be the true just because of statistics!)

howdy

Page 1 of 95 123451151 ... LastLast