Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rome Total War

"I'm not sure that's what I said, and if it was, it certainly isn't what I meant to say. The context was a modding thread which made an incorrect assertion, didn't get a response from CA, and then leapt to conclusions, including "silence speaks volumes", when in fact we simply hadn't read that thread.

The original Medieval team certainly isn't reading the forums like it used to, because we're mostly doing other things. But if you're under the impression that CA is now totally ignoring the .org, we should correct that. CaptainFishpants is representing for Viking Invasion, and members of the Rome team are paying attention.

That doesn't necessarily mean that any idea mooted for Vikings or Rome will be acknowledged or discussed, and it certainly doesn't mean they all will. We've had a lot of ideas already, but we discard many because they aren't right for the game, and entering into discussion about every single one would waste everyone's time.

Basically, feel free to come up with ideas; they may be good ones, and CA staff may find it useful to discuss them with you or to acknowledge ones which are worth lifting for the game. But I fear it needs to be said that you do not have the automatic right to a response, a confirmation, or a denial. Please don't take that personally, but also please don't take it for anything other than what it is: the impossibility of reading and responding to every single post on this forum, and the consequent selective nature of our responses.

Believe me, I've tried reading and responding to everything, and it ate my life "

Well, Giljay, nice to see you here again

I wasn't trying to attack you or CA BTW: I imagine everyone from CA is busy as hell trying to produce new and interesting games and I never expected you or people from CA to read everything or comment on everything people suggest. It would take forever.

What you actually said was "true at the time in question, not now." And you added that you hadn't checked the board in several weeks and that the only reason you saw that particular thread was because you were checking on some wish lists for MP and happened to stumble on it. When I posted that response, I hadn't noted Captain Fishpants's presence and assumed everyone from CA was simply too busy to read these posts. Forgive me if I drew the wrong conclusion -- I'm glad to have been incorrect.

That said: What did you think of the original point of the post -- about AI that learns from the player (if you'd care to comment). This would be extraordinary if it could be implemented. No-one could then complain that SP didn't provide a sufficient challenge or that the AI was insufficient in some area. It has been done before (as with Black/White), although I don't think that the AI has to be NEARLY that adaptive. I'm not a professional programmer so I have no idea how difficult that would be to program.

Yours was not at first a criminal nature. At 10 you stole sugar,at 15 you stole money,at 25 you committed arson. At 30,hardened in crime,you became an editor. Worse yet is in store for you. You will be sent to Congress,then to the penitentiary. But,all will be well. You will be hanged.
    -Mark Twain

with regardto TW Rome, my only question is would like my money now, or do I have to wait?

Eagerly anticipating.
    KZ
    "A positive attitute may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

Herm Albright

One feature I'd like to have in RTW is the ability to slow down the battles and the replays.

sorry if this was mentioned before.

Am i the only one that isn't a big fan of the huge tech tree in MTW. It would be nice if in RTW we could just select the unit we want to build and the buildings are automaticly put into the building list. Or at least have a utility that does it on the side. I'm a little sick of have the crusade_unit file open while playing the game.
    MILLER: I wish we lived in the day where you could challenge a person to a duel.

MILLER: Now, that would be pretty good.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345